"LEE TAEMIN!"

"I care about you, hyung..."

  Taemin was week. His sight was darkening and at last he fainted. Key and Jonghyun who were passing by brought him to the university clinic.

  It's been a few hours Taemin fainted. "Taemin... Taemin..." He heard a voice. It sounded familiar. It was Onew! His feelings hurt a little upon seeing Onew in front of him. He looked to his right and saw Key with Jonghyun and Taeyeon.

  Taemin and Onew were close; they were the leader and maknae. But now it's far too late. Onew expressed his feelings towards Taeyeon and she accepted his feelings very well. That was the first reason to why Taemin fainted; the second one was because he hadn't eaten his breakfast.

  He smiled insincerely. "Onew hyung..." Taemin looked at Taeyeon, "... And Taeyeon noona...."

"I'm happy for you guys." he said. Onew looked straight into Taemin's eyes in pity. "Onew-ah, I have Math in 5 minutes," Taeyeon said, as if she didn't approve of Onew's actions.

  "Just go and walk Taeyeon noona to class. I'm okay, I have English Literature in 20 minutes anyway," Taemin knew his actions were going to backfire on him. 'Aish,' he thought. 'Why am I breaking my own heart?'

  Onew, Taeyeon and Jonghyun left the clinic leaving both Key and Taemin alone. Taemin sat up and just sighed, staring the cold floor rather blankly. "Acting happy won't solve anything," Key let out a sigh also, " if you're upset just tell Onew hyung. You two are so close. I'm sure he'll understand." Key Almighty looked at Maknae Taemin with his so-called "wise look".

  "I know...." Still staring at the floor, he whispered quite silently.

  "We'll talk about this later," Key spoke again after a few minutes of silence, “we need to get to English Literature."

~6 p.m~

  "I'm glad that Taeyeon noona accepted Onew hyung's feelings, but I still can't help feeling upset.... And I can't figure out why," Taemin said, leaning against Jonghyun's Ferrari.

  "Taeyeon noona is a good person... Maybe you just need some time to accept all of this," Jonghyun commented, which made Key stare coldly at him.

  Taemin didn't really feel awkward talking to them about his problems; they were also like his older brothers, but Onew would still be his favourite hyung, his number one, his almost everything.

  Trying to avoid Key's death glare, Jonghyun looked at his watch. "Oh, well will you look at the time~~ we need to get to SM in a half hour~" He said. "Where's Minho?"

  Taemin noticed Minho and pointed toward him. “MINHO-YAH HURRY UP OR ELSE!!” Jonghyun yelled.

  They were all really silent inside the car. Jonghyun noticed that Key was eyeing Taemin constantly; obviously the Umma was concerned about his son.

  “Onew hyung and Taeyeon noona were all lovey-dovey during Math.” Minho tried to break the silence. “Minho you’re not helping,” Key Almighty mouthed to Flaming Charisma.

  Taemin sighed. “… They’re together now.”

~ 2 years later~

  “PROFESSOR JANG, TAEYEON HAS A MASSIVE CHEST PAIN!!” Onew yelled from the back of the hall. All the SHINee and SNSD members went to the hostpital with the couple.

  “The results are in,” said the doctor, “you have heart cancer.”

  Taemin’s eyes widened. Onew and Taeyeon stared at the floor, evidently trying to hold back their tears.

  Taemin held Onew’s shoulder. “I’m sorry, hyung…” he whispered. Onew turned around. “Thanks Taemin.” He mouthed.

  Onew sighed heavily and thanked the doctor. Everyone went to their respective dorms with rather sullen expressions.

  Taemin was lying on the couch, facing the ceiling blankly. Silence. More silence. “Yah, what’s wrong, maknae?” Jonghyun asked.

  Taemin sighed. “I’ve been thinking to donate my heart to Taeyeon noona.” His voice was flat.

  “KEY~! There’s something wrong with your son~!” Jonghyun called for Key.

  “Aish, what is it?” Key came into the living room with an apron on.

  “I want to donate my heart to Taeyeon noona.” He said. “Please don’t tell Onew hyung.”

  Key sighed. “Are you sure you want to do this?” he asked with a concerned voice.

  “Yeah, as long as Onew hyung stays happy with Taeyeon noona.” Taemin said firmly, but Key could sense some uncertainty in Taemin’s voice.

  “Ah, okay then, I know I can’t talk you out of this.” Key sighed and went to the kitchen to continue cooking.

  “Jjong hyung, what is this feeling? I’m hurting but at the same time I feel happy for Onew hyung…” Taemin sighed heavily.

  Jonghyun just smiled. “You’ll figure that out sooner or later.”

 

~The next day~

  Taemin went to the doctor to check his blood type. And it turned out he could donate his heart to Taeyeon. “Huh, what a relief.”

  Taemin snuck into the SHINee dorm to find Onew looking at him in the eye, looking quite furious, just like a dad who found out someone ate his chocolate.

  “Lee Taemin, explain why the doctor told me you’re going to donate your heart to Taeyeon?” Onew’s stare got sharper.

  The maknae just sighed. “Because, I want you to live happily with Taeyeon noona.”

  “Taemin, I appreciate you trying to make me and Taeyeon happy, but you’re only 17 years old! How can I let you die at 17 years old!” Onew shouted.

  “Hyung! You lost your parents when you were 15! I know you can’t deal with another loss!” Taemin raised his voice.

  “Th-Thanks for caring, Taemin…” Onew whispered. He pulled out his cell phone and texted someone. Next he paced back and forth in front of Taemin, as if waiting for something to happen.

  The doorbell rang. “Come in!” Onew yelled. Taeyeon went in and he kissed his girlfriend’s cheek.

  Onew whispered to Taeyeon and they both laughed hysterically. “Ah hem. Care to explain?” Taemin was a little irritated.

  “IT’S ALL A HOAX!” Onew shouted at Taemin’s face and smiled gleefully.

  Taemin shook his head. “What about the chest pain? And the doctor?”

  Taeyeon laughed her infamous ahjumma laugh. “I was practicing my acting. I wanted to get out of math anyway. I was almost falling asleep.”

  Taeyeon smiled. “And the doctor is Sunny’s uncle, Mr. Lee Soo-man.”

  Onew smiled, too. “Now I know I can trust you with anything. Thanks Lee Taemin.”

 

---

A/N: I'm not really sure if it's OnTae as in Onew and Taemin or OnTaeng as in Onew and Taeyeon. But I ship OnTae~ :) I love writing one-shots~ What pairing should I write about next? I'm guessing maybe I'll write about either TaeNy or YoonHyun.

 

My story is a fail :P Thanks for reading anyway. :D