Chapter 1

Mirrored

 

CHAPTER 1

Heechul fluttered his eyes open. His eyes managed to make out a figure forming in front of him. He tried to stand up but he felt pain across his body. He tried to remember what happened but his memories are still blurry.

 

"Hyung! You're awake." the figure exclaimed.

 

"W-who are y-you?" Heechul managed to ask.

 

"I'm Jaejoong. What's your name? Your a hyung and not a noona, right?" the little boy said.

 

"W-where's Hangeng?" Heechul  imediately asked when he remembered him. His voice was cracking.

 

"You mean the other one?" Jaejoong asked. When the older nodded, he started to stutter. "I-i'm s-sor-ry. I-i couldn't do anything." the boy named Jaejoong said. He saw Heechul's tears started to fall.

 

"Where's his body? I need to see him. Please." Heechul pleaded between sobs.

 

"O-okay hyung." the little boy said. Heechul saw him try to drag a body towards him. When he saw that it is indeed Hangeng, he stood up ignoring the pain all over his body. He went to the body and immediately broke into wails.

 

"Hannie, why did you leave me alone?" Heechul cried. He buried his head into the body's chest while hugging it with all his might.

 

Jaejoong had a sad expression on his face. He didn't know the two but it was obvious how deeply they loved each other. He wanted to comfort the crying guy and tell him it's going to be alright but he, himself knew it wasn't. He had already confirmed that the guy is dead when he first saw them. He can't think of anything to do so he just laid a hand on the older guy's shoulder.

 

"Hyung, I think we should bury him." Jaejoong said said.

 

"I know but let me hug him more." Heechul said while Jaejoong nodded.

 

----

 

"How did you know I am a hyung?" the older asked. They had already buried Hangeng's body in a nearby public cemetery and Heechul had already calmed down a bit. Of course he wouldn't get over his lover's death that easy but he wanted to thank the boy and he was a little curious about him.

 

"You don't look old, you just look-" he paused for a while to look for the right word.

 

"Old?" Heechul suggested.

 

"No, hyung. You look mature. Yes, mature." Jaejoong stated.

 

"Alright but that's not what I'm asking. You decided I'm a hyung when you had doubted that I may be a noona."

 

"Well, first off, even though you look like a girl you're chest is flat." Jaejoong answered while pointing to his chest. "And I am also often mistaken as a girl. If it hadn't been for the situation, I would have joked that we're sister-like brothers."

 

"Hmm, now that I think about it, your really pretty." Heechul smirked.

 

"Honestly, you're prettier hyung." Jaejoong said. "By the way, what's your name? You didn't tell me when I asked you."

 

"Sorry. I'm Heechul. Jaejoong, right?" he said.

 

"Yeah. Nice to meet you, Heechul hyung." Jaejoong replied with a smile.

 

"You know we were lovers right? Me and Hangeng?" Heechul asked.

 

Jaejoong looked at him for a moment before nodding.

 

"You don't feel disgusted or anything?" Heechul asked.

 

Jaejoong looked at him questioningly. "Why would I be?"

 

"It's only a normal reaction." Heechul said sadly.

 

"I'm not narrow-minded and besides, I'm also doubting my uality." the younger boy confessed shyly.

 

"You have someone you like?" Heechul asked.

 

"I don't know. Like I told you, i'm not sure." Jaejoong answered.

 

"Why are you not sure? It's just either you like him or you don't." the older reasoned.

 

Jaejoong shrugged. "I just don't know. And even if I do like him, he won't feel the same."

 

"How could you be so sure?"

 

"He's not gay and he doesn't know I exist."

 

"Funny cause I remember myself saying those exact lines."

 

"And? How did it go?"

 

"He died." Heechul said forlornly. It wasn't a lie but it wasn't the whole truth either. He knew that Jaejoong wanted to know more but he still couldn't. Not now and possibly not ever. He might not get over the fact that he let Hangeng die so he never want to tell what had happened. It pains him to talk about it and he felt like he's giving away Hangeng by exposing their story to the world. It's wrong to hold on to the past but he can't just forget Hangeng especially after what he did.

 

"Back then, I was talking to a friend. So, I'll give you the same advice she gave me. 'Don't foretell your own fate. You never know how wrong you may be.'" Heechul said. He smiled at the thought of his friend.

 

"But hyung, I don't understand." Jaejoong said confused.

 

"Oh believe me, you will." Heechul told him.

 

"Okay, hyung." Jaejoong answered even though he didn't get what he was just told. "I'm off to sleep. I'll be on the couch if you need anything."

 

"What? No way. I'm not stealing your bed." Heechul argued.

 

"You will because you need proper rest. You're wounded."

 

"And you don't need proper rest? Younger ones need to be strong."

 

"Hyung, please?" Jaejoong pleaded.

 

"Aish, alright."

 

"Night hyung." Jaejoong said before heading to the couch.

 

"Hey, Jaejoong?" Heechul called. The other turned to him. "Thank you, for everything. I really appreciate it."

 

"No problem hyung." Jaejoong said before leaving.

 

----

 

Heechul woke up the next day. He realized he's in a rather small room but he was used to it anyways. He went out and saw that he's in an apartment. Well, he did see it yesterday when he first woke up but he hadn't paid attention since he was grieving for Hangeng's death.

 

Heechul found what seem like the kitchen. He then found Jaejoong eating.

 

"Hyung, you're awake. Do you want to eat?" he asked when he saw him. "Of course you do. How stupid of me."

 

Jaejoong stood up and started preparing Heechul's food when the latter spoke.

 

"I'm not hungry."

 

"You sure?" Heechul nodded. "Do you want to shower?"

 

"Yeah. I guess I'll do that"

 

"Okay."

 

Heechul headed to the shower. He started stripping his clothes. When he was fully , he went into the shower. He kept on cleaning himself but he wasn't really paying attention to his own body. His thoughts are completely about Hangeng.

 

He blames himself for his death. He believed that it was his fault. If only he could turn back time, he would have been on his place. If only Hangeng didn't-

 

"Hyung! I'm going to work. I left food at the table and you can use any of my clothes. If you need anything, I left my number and the place I work at on a piece of paper by the kitchen." Jaejoong called.

 

"Yeah." he shouted in response. As soon as he heard the door slam shut, he got off the shower. He wore the first clothes he saw and went out to study the apartment.

 

Just like the room he was in, it was small but nevertheless, comfortable. The apartment only has two rooms, the bathroom and the room. He went to the couch and started to think. Soon enough, he fell asleep with thoughts on Hangeng.

 


A/N: Here's the chapter. As requested. I hope you enjoy. :)