{a/n} Summary

Sandglass Memory

I'm not sure if you guys understood what I wrote so I'm gonna just go ahead and give a summary.

The words and sentences in grey are the few reminders Chanyeol has written for Baekhyun because the latter forgets things easily.

Example;

Don't forget to close the windows, the nights of Seoul are always cold. -16/2/2009

 

They are all dated differently and happen in the course of 3 years, the period both of them were dating. The dates there are the days when Chanyeol found out the specific thing Baekhyun usually forgets to do. Let's just use the example on top.

 

Don't forget to close the windows, the nights of Seoul are always cold. -16/2/2009

 

This sentence is written on the 16th of Febuary in 2009, that means it is on that very day that Chanyeol finds out that Baekhyun usually forgets to close his windows at night, so hence the reminder.

 

Story Background (Baekhyun):

Basically in the story, it talks about how Baekhyun starts his days reading Chanyeol's old reminders for him, even though Chanyeol is already dead. Like stated at the end of the previous chapter, Baekhyun is suffering from stress disorder which is caused by his workload as a CEO and is in denial. He doesn't like the fact that he has this syndrome and is afraid of forgetting things.

Story Background (Chanyeol):

Chanyeol never really appeared in the story. As stated, Baekhyun forgets things easily, so Chanyeol reminds him about the things he has forgotten by writing post-its. At the end, it is said in the letter that he had left to buy some things. And notice the date, if you search online, it is Chanyeol's birthday. He had went out to buy roses for Baekhyun and some party stuff to celebrate his birthday. Unfortunately, he was killed in a car accident on his way home and hence - "That night, no surprise scares happened. There was no birthday song sung - no parties, no cakes. There was no laughter. In its place were tears, screams of agony and the lonely, fluttering slips of paper."

Simply saying, Chanyeol couldn't make it home to Baekhyun, who was waiting for him - "ByBy the time you read this note I'm probably standing behind you, so turn around and see :)

 

 

 


Okay, time for some behind the scene stories/trivia. 

 

#001 Do you guys know I was planning to let BaekYeol have a happy ending? At the start when I posted the story, fluff was one of the tags. But I took it away after a few seconds because my angsty feels were gettiing the best of me ;u;

 

#002 Baekhyun was the one who initially was dead, but the whole story got complicated.

My initial idea was that Chanyeol was the main character - the living one. All the post-its were supposed to be written by Baekhyun for himself, because he can't remember things. Then he passed away in an accident, leaving Chanyeol alone. Chanyeol was supposed to be the one in self denial, refusing to clear his boyfriend's belongings, leaving the post its at their orignal places and hence, the story was suppose to show how Chanyeol re-reads every single one of the notes but realises that Baekhyun was no longer with him and he breaks down crying, much like the current ending with the "turn around and see :)" note. Confused? Nevermind, I still am.

 

#003 This story started out because of a HunHan video ;u;

I kind of released my feels for this two dorks through this story. SO SAD //shoots eveyone with bananas//

 

#004 The original title was "Forgetting the Start"

It was a random title I started out with that had no link to the story so I changed it.

 

#005 I wrote this while eating muffins and (I'm serious) bananas.

DON'T JUDGE. I love them to much to say no to the temptation  (´・ω・`) 

 

#006 Thanks for subscribing and reading this long note from me! If you want to get a chance to win EXO Lomo Cards (Kris, Tao, Chen or Sehun), join my graphic contest/giveaway now!