He's Here

The Movie Called This World

Jiyong is restless. He keeps on looking at his phone for the nth times. He sits in a couch trying to suppress the uneasiness, but he keeps shaking his legs rapidly and sometimes he bite his nails. Bored of sitting down, he would walk around the room only to have his manager force him to sit back down.

“Jiyong, sit down. Your anxiety is making me feel nauseous.” Jiyong did not realize that he has been doing this for the pass hour and the manager couldn’t stand it anymore. He swore if the little man keeps on pacing back and forth in that small dressing room, he would throw up.

“Fine.” Jiyong falls back into the couch. Pouting with furrowed brows like a child.

“And stop shaking your legs like that.” Jiyong did not stop immediately. He looked at his manager and still shaking his legs, mocking the other man. But he stopped and laughed when the manager glared at him like a parent would do to a mischievous child.

“Ahhhh hyung. This is killing me!” Jiyong ruffled his hair as he lean his back onto the couch. He stares blankly at the ceiling. Uneasiness is clearly plastered on his face. Something is bothering him and the manager knows what is causing such disturbance.

“Let’s get the hair and make-up done to distract you a little bit. I’ll go and get the “glam squad”.” Jiyong let out a small laugh when his manager did the air quotes when he said “glam squad”. The man despises the term for no apparent reasons.

Jiyong got up from the couch and set himself into a chair in front of the mirror. He studies the reflection in front of him. He squinted a little thinking that the vanity lights are a bit too bright for his liking. But there’s a chaos going on in his mind that he didn’t bother to complain. He tilted and turned his head left and right and brought up his right hand to trace his cheeks and jaw line. He quietly agrees to a comment made by his fan on him losing weight.

“Sorry to make you guys worry..” Jiyong whispers as he continues examining his face. He looked at his phone again and let out a sigh. His heart is still pounding, almost breaking out of his ribcage. He put his right palm on his chest, gently patting the area where his heart is. An action he hoped to calm the pumping muscles, but his heart seems to have a mind of its own and ignored Jiyong’s comfort.

The glam squad enters the room with the manager tailing behind. Jiyong sat up from his lazy slump to allow the stylists to start working the magic. He leans back and closes his eyes when the tiny fingers started applying creams and make-ups and some sticky stuff that he has gotten used to after all these years. With his flawless features, make-up didn’t take long and the stylists are now working on his hair.

Jiyong was friendly as usual - making small talks, joking around, teasing the stylists while they work, much to his manager’s relief. An anxious Jiyong is unpredictable and very delicate to handle. So, seeing Jiyong talking and laughing with the staff comforts the manager a little. But he was startled by an incoming call on his phone. He took the call and it ended after a few short responses. The manager stepped out of the room after notifying Jiyong that he won’t take long, knowing well that Jiyong gets a little bit nervous when his manager is not around for a certain amount of time.

Jiyong is still sitting in his chair, flipping through a fashion magazine, making comments on whatever interests him on the pages. His hair was almost done when he hears faint voices of people talking outside the door. He stopped and sat up straight, startling the stylist.

“Does it hurt? What is it?” The stylist stopped what she was doing; worrying that she might have hurt Jiyong while working on the man’s hair.

“Oh. Noona. No. Nothing. Please continue.” Jiyong shot a brief smile at the stylist.

He looks at the reflection of the door in the mirror. He could still hear the people talking. Among the voices, there is one that caught his attention. Only one. He can never mistake that voice anytime, anywhere. He could recognize that voice even when he’s asleep. The unique low, husky tone that never failed to send shivers down Jiyong’s spine every time the owner whispers sweet nothings into his ears. Even imagining it now gives Jiyong goosebumps.

By now his heart is threatening to jump out of his chest. Frozen, he kept his gaze on the reflection of the door in anticipation. When the door opens, and the owner of that one voice finally steps in, a warm feeling spreads from Jiyong’s heart, melting his expression. He smiles as he caught the other man’s eyes in the reflection. Jiyong could feel his heart slowing down from its crazy race earlier, his body slowly relaxes from the tense and the chaos in his head stopped.

“He’s here.” Jiyong whispers to himself. Jiyong is smiling. Jiyong is content.

***

Seunghyun got off the van when the vehicle finally reached the arena. A huge poster of a familiar face plastered on the wall just above the entrance. His lips curved a smile naturally at the sight. He has a cup of coffee in his hand and his Goyard in the other. Two officials greeted Seunghyun and offered to lead the way. Seunghyun just smile and nod and followed the two men.

“Ok, he’s coming out. He’ll meet us in the hallway.” Seunghyun nods as his manager ends the call. The two keep walking, tailing the two guides into the building. As they enter the hallway, they can see people at the end of it 

“Hyung, do we have anything tomorrow morning?” Seunghyun is checking his schedule. The manager quickly takes out his phone and taps to check the calendar.

“Yup. Meeting with the organizer for the movie fan meet at 10.”

“Yikes.” Seunghyun takes a sip of his coffee.

“But your afternoon is wide open.” The manager knows where this is going. Seunghyun smiles and looked at his manager.

“Can we reschedule that meeting to afternoon instead? I just got off a plane and most probably, I’m going to be here at least for the next 4 hours. So there’s a high chance that I wouldn’t be able to make it tomorrow morning.” Seunghyun glanced at his watch- 8:15pm. Then he looks at his manager with pleading eyes that say "pretty pleasseeeee". The older man stopped his pace and turns to face Seunghyun.

"Yeah. I thought so-" He was about to continue when another man walks up and greet them.

"There you are!" Chirped the other man.

"Hi hyung, how are you?" Seunghyun greets the other man with a smile on his face; shook his hand, bowed a little.

"Well, same old, same old. How was your flight? Glad that you can make it on time." The other man smiles back.

"Ah same here. I don't know what I'll get into if I miss this one." The three men laughed. They have an experience of Seunghyun not attending an event like this particular one. It was a complete chaos. It's a town they never want to revisit.

"Come. Right this way." The other man gestured towards the hallway. And they walk as they catch up in between small talks and jokes. They have known each other for years now and Seunghyun treats the other two men like his own brothers and vice versa.

"Okay. Here it is." They are a few steps away from a door with a familiar name posted on it. Seunghyun's heart skipped a beat when he saw the name. A shy smile can't hide behind his expression anymore.

"Hyung, remember to reschedule the meeting tomorrow to afternoon. Please. Pleaseeee." Seunghyun reminds his manager as they approach the door.

"Well hyung, you know how he is after events like this. I won't be able to get away. So to be safe, we should just reschedule."

"Yes, yes. I know. Don't worry. I'll call them right now." Little did Seunghyun know that his manager has thought of this possibility before confirming the meeting. As mentioned earlier, they have been through this, a lot of times in fact. So, he had asked beforehand if there is another option should they would not be able to make it in the morning. Lucky they have an opening at 4pm.

"Nice! Thank you. You're the best, hyung!" Seunghyun hugged the hyung, almost spilling all of his coffee.

"Ya stop it!" The manager shook off the hug and checked if the coffee spilt onto his shirt. Seunghyun chuckles.

"Let me hold that for you." Said the manager and took the cup of coffee and the bag that Seunghyun was carrying.

They are now right in front of the door; a white door with black frame, blended with the walls. Seunghyun s his jacket and straightens up his shirt. It has become a routine for Seunghyun to do this. Because he knows this is how the other man likes it. He runs his fingers through his hair as the door opens. His eyes immediately caught the reflection in the mirror; a face that he had missed for a little over a month. All eyes in the room are on him, but he only got his own on the pair staring back with a smile through the reflection. Seunghyun's heart skipped another bit at the sight.

"There he is." Seunghyun whispers to himself. Seunghyun is smiling. Seunghyun is content.

***

Jiyong gets up from the chair and turns around to face the man. Black shirt, black pants, red jacket, well-groomed hair, crooked smile, killer dimples & strong gaze. He walks towards the man with the biggest smile on his face. Being mischievous, Seunghyun winked. Jiyong could tell that his cheeks are flushed from the warm rush that he felt. He bites his bottom lip instinctively. If it wasn’t for the other people in the room, he would’ve had the other man in his arms and have his way with him right there and then. Instead, he pulls himself together, and walks slowly towards Seunghyun until they are only millimeters apart. Jiyong looks up while his hands search for the other pair and intertwined their fingers together. They ignore the eyes that are watching their intimate reunion.

“Hello..” Said Jiyong with his lip still behind his teeth, eyes locked on the other man’s, giggling like an idiot. The bubbly Jiyong is now smiley and giggly Jiyong. Seunghyun replies with a kiss on his forehead. But Jiyong shook his head, confusing Seunghyun.

“What..?” Seunghyun asked. The other man is pouting like a child, resting his chin on Seunghyun’s chest. He is practically draping on the taller man. Jiyong tiptoed with his eyes locked on Seunghyun’s smirking lips. He understands it now.

“Are you sure?” Seunghyun is still smirking, teasing the other man. Jiyong nods, still locking his gaze on those luscious lips that he had missed so much.

“I mean, there are people watching. Hyungs are here. Noonas are here-” Seunghyun is still teasing. He looked away to look around the room. Just like Jiyong, the noonas are also flushed and giggling like idiots in one corner of the room. Not that this is the first time they witness these love birds being all mushy like this.

Jiyong squeezed the fingers in his hand and let out a soft groan, pouting his lips and put up his puppy eyes. He knows that this is one of Seunghyun’s weaknesses.

“Now that’s not fair.” It’s Seunghyun’s turn to squeeze the small palms in his hands, pulling the man closer. Jiyong smirked in victory. With that, Seunghyun let go of the hands and gently cup the tiny face that is an inch away from his own. Jiyong’s free hands are now holding on to the other man’s jacket while he waits.

“I’ve missed you, too.” Slowly, Seunghyun closed the gap, brushing his lips against the expecting ones. Both men take in sharp breaths and quiver at the contact. They have been deprived of such connection for too long. Jiyong slowly snakes his arms around Seunghyun’s waist, holding him tight at the small of his back. He buries himself in the other man’s embrace, cloaked by the ed jacket. Then he slowly traces his hands on the man’s back, remembering the sturdy curves and lines. Seunghyun lets out a soft moan that he has been holding back, which brought smile to Jiyong’s lips. The kiss was starting to get more intense when Seunghyun pulled away, panting for air. Jiyong reluctantly mirrored the action.

“We are not alone here, Ji.” Seunghyun caress the flushed cheeks in front of him. He needs to stop the little man from getting too carried away with the kiss. Things could get escalated too quickly and if that happens, it would scar the innocence of the audiences for life.

“Oh right...” Jiyong is embarrassed a little when reality snaps back and he sees that they are still in his dressing room. Slowly he lets go of Seunghyun and looked around the room. The noonas are awkwardly pretending like they didn’t see what happened. But Jiyong didn’t care, he returns to embrace Seunghyun, burying his face into the strong chest.

“I thought you couldn’t make it...” He presses his ears over Seunghyun’s heart, listening to the muscle slowing down from the frantic race caused by the kiss earlier. Jiyong breathes in Seunghyun scent as Seunghyun wraps his own arms around Jiyong. Everything feels right now that they are holding each other in their arms.

“Are you kidding? I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” They are both swaying in the embrace.

“But you did miss once.” Jiyong mumble into Seunghyun’s chest.

“Once. And I promise it will never happen again. But come to think of it, it was a bit unfair, wasn’t it? The flight got cancelled and there was nothing I could do about it. It was the last flight out.”

“If I say I want you to be ther-” Seunghyun cut Jiyong off with a chaste kiss on the lips. Jiyong was taken aback by the surprise gesture.

“I know. I was just teasing. But remembering what happened after that, I don’t know why I didn’t think of swimming across the ocean.” The two laughed and Jiyong pinched Seunghyun for teasing. Recollecting the event, Seunghyun flinches at the memory of Jiyong throwing tantrum at him no matter how he tried to explain the situation. It took Seunghyun one straight week and a trip to Jeju to calm Jiyong down.  He’s like a child, isn’t he? Around Seunghyun, Jiyong becomes a child. And Seunghyun lets him. He loves catering to Jiyong unpredictable behaviors. It makes him feel alive. It makes the relationship feels alive. Never boring. Seunghyun knows better now. Jiyong wants him to be there on the first show of his solo tours, and he wouldn’t take no for an answer. And he wouldn’t bargain for the shows in the middle either. The first show is a must and that’s that. Seunghyun willingly agreed.

“Mmm..you smells so nice.” Jiyong breathes in the scent, tightening the embrace.

“Hey..behave..” Seunghyun replies and plant a kiss on Jiyong’s head.

“Hey, Jiyong. It’s time.” The floor manager chirps in from the door behind them, not aware of the two lost in an embrace. Seunghyun turns around while Jiyong just look over the taller man’s shoulder.

“Ah Seunghyun, you’re here too. Wait, am I interrupting something?” The floor manager had a worried look on his face. Jiyong quickly shake it off.

“No, it’s fine. Yeah, I’m ready. Let’s do this.” He checks himself out in the mirror and touch up his make up a little while blaming Seunghyun for ruining it. He hugged the handsome man and plant a chaste kiss on his lips before making his way out of the room.

“I’ll see you in a bit.”

“I’ll be here.”

“You better be. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Seunghyun is glad that the feeling is mutual. Jiyong is glad that the other man responded the way he expected him to.