Dance that holds Memories

Dance that holds Memories

You’re walking down the street, heading to the library when you hear music. As if the music had hypnotized you, you find yourself walking into a nearby building. Wandering through the halls, you end up in front of a door, music softly emitting from it. Opening the door, you silently walk into the room, on the far side of the room, a person danced to the beat of the song you heard earlier.

You watched, mesmerized as your eyes followed his movements as he glided across the floor. Soon the song had ended and he turned to get a drink of water but stopped when he noticed you standing by the door. You stood there shocked, the dancer gazed at you with warm brown eyes. After looking at each other for a couple more seconds, you smiled and waved, gesturing for him to come over. He flashed you a heartwarming grin and walked towards you.

 

“Your dancing was amazing!” you blurted out. Surprise appeared on his face, but it was soon replaced by a gentle smile.

 

“Thank you” the two of you started talking and you soon decided to go to a nearby cafe. Settling down at a table, you sip on an iced tea and watched him as he slowly took a drink of coffee. Leaning back in your seat, you ask about his dancing. He tells you that he has had a passion for dancing most of his life.

Eventually you ask if he can teach you the dance he was doing in the studio. Grinning, the two of you head back to the dance studio.

Two hours later, you find yourself starting to perfect the dance he has taught you. During the dance you slip and as you shut your eyes just before you hit the ground he quickly grabs you and pulls you into his arms.

 

“Are you okay?” you were questioned. Opening your mouth, no words came out so you just nodded your head. With a sigh of relief, he helps you to your feet and decides it’s enough for the day, agreeing to come back tomorrow to add more to the dance.

 

The next day, you quickly headed over to the studio, upon entering you are greeted with the warm smell of coffee.

 

“Morning” he greeted you.

 

“Hey” was your reply.

 

“So I was thinking.....” and he would continue on to talk about the dance.

The two of you then danced for a while, then went out for lunch before heading back to the studio once more. The routine went on for about two months and the two of you had become close friends. You and him would enter dance competitions, winning some, losing some, but always enjoying each others company. Over your daily lunches, and sometimes dinners, the two of you learned more about each other. He loved to dance, sing, write songs and play instruments.  He has a cute dimple on his right cheek, from China and had dreams of becoming a star.

Eventually you felt yourself become more attracted to your friend. Whenever he pulls you close, you feel a strange tingling sensation rush through you. If he would ruffle your hair you felt yourself blush. There were also times that he would talk about love. He would tell you about his love for a girl he knows, and everytime he speaks of her, you would feel your heart break. He spoke of sad goodbyes and how he would never want to face one, but if he had to he would not run away. You couldn’t help but love everything about him. From his sometimes awkward movements, to his dimple, to his music he sang.

‘ Everything about hims is amazing.’ you thought as you entered the dance studio. As you opened the door, your smile faltered as no coffee aroma met your nose. Looking around you saw him sitting on a chair, with a suitcase next to him. Approaching the sad looking man you asked what was wrong.

 

“I’m leaving.” the words felt like a knife piercing your heart. “I’m going to leave for a while, I have the chance to fulfill my dreams.. I’ll be back in a few years...” you started shaking, tears threatening to fall from your eyes. “Come with me.” you looked at him, confusion evident on your face. “I know it’s only been a couple of months but I love you, please come with me.” he confessed. Your eyes widened and you smiled.

 

“I love you too.” you replied. As a smile lit up his face you continued. “But I can’t go with you. I can’t leave, please understand.” His face fell but soon was overtook by a look of confidence.

 

“Alright” He agreed as he pulled you into a hug. As you tried to pull away he hugged you tighter. Smiling softly you held him tightly in your arms. “No matter where you are, or who you’re with I will always love you. I used to think dance was just a passion of mine, a hobby. But since I met you, I dance for a reason. When I dance I think of you, every move I do is for you. I’ll be back I promise, and when I do, I hope to meet you again.” he whispered softly. “I love you, please wait for me” he begged, voice trembling as he squeezed you even tighter. You smiled and held his face in your hands, making him look directly into your eyes.

 

“I’ll be waiting, hurry back.” kissing his cheek, you backed away so he could leave. Looking at you with sad eyes, he nodded and grabbed his bag, rushing out the door before the tears could fall. YOu walked around the room, feeling as if him leaving never happened. Walking towards the stereo, you turned it on. As the music flowed into the room you started to dance. WHen the song ended, you looked around the room, looking for the guy you love so dearly.

As you realize he’s not there with you, you fall to the ground, reality hitting you. He left, you’ll never see him again till he returns. You don’t even have a way of contacting him. Your sobs echoed throughout the empty room. He’s really gone. Standing up you vow to continue to dance till he returns.

 

It’s been 2 years since he left, and 2 years since you’ve devoted yourself to dance. You find yourself sitting in the dance studio, preparing to start the dance he taught you. The dance the two of you made together. You closed your eyes, preparing to start the dance. Soon you were gliding across the floor in time to the music. Suddenly two arms wrapped around you and you were pulled against someone. The person behind you continued the dance. Your eyes widened as you realized there was only one other person that knew this dance. Your face lights up as the two of you continue to dance. As the dance comes to an end, your heart beats faster as you slowly turn around to face your partner, a huge smile appears on your face as you turn to see the man you’ve loved all this time.

 

“No matter where you are I will always love you. I still and always will dance for you. Everytime I dance I can’t help but think of you. I.. I missed you so much” he cried out and hugged you tightly.

 

“I missed you too.” you said with a smile. The two of you share a sweet kiss and as you pull away you smiled and said. “Welcome back Lay.”