Chapter 1

My Roommate [ Room 102 ]

'Is this it?' Luhan looked up from the folded, crumpled up paper in his hand. A plain white door with a bronze plate; engraved on the numbers '102' stood before him.

Well, yup it is.

He placed down his luggage and rapped against the door, pulling off his sunglasses. After a couple of minutes of knocking and curiously wondering if anyone was home, he heard the door unlock and creak open. At the doorway, stood a young man, whom Luhan thought was absolutely gorgeous and charming. He was dressed up in a baggy sports shirt and three quarter trousers, both his hands stuffed into his pockets as his beautiful brown orbs stared at him blankly; examining the younger boy from head to toe.

Luhan wasn't anyone stunning and handsome, like the famous magazine model Wufan, or that pretty popular martial arts master around his neighbourhood during his childhood, Huang Zitao. Luhan was very..doll-like. Cute, pretty. Starting from the top. Luhan had extraordinarily large ebony-black doe eyes (which he had highlighted with his favourite deep blue contact lenses) and long lashes decorating his eyes that fluttered onto his cheeks prettily as he blinked. He had light tousled blonde hair, and a creamy complexion which glowed under the light; smooth and clear, almost seemingly like porcelain.

And Luhan's lips were so pretty that he wanted to kiss them - pale plump lips that appeared soft like flowers, protected by a layer of pink strawberry flavoured lip gloss.

It didn't end just there; the younger boy also had an extremely attractive figure, for a male.

Luhan had a great potential to be a girl. He wore a black cotton shirt which was somehow a size much larger than his slim petite figure, and a pair of ripped slim jeans that hugged his feminine curves perfectly. His thin bony fingers gripped onto his bagpack strap tightly and his lips formed a cute pout as he glanced at the other with his large curious deer eyes.

"I'm Luhan..: he stuttered, breaking the silence between them, "I'm your new-"

"Yeah I know, new roommate. Nice to meet you, Luhan, I’m Zhang Yixing, now if you would just like to step inside please.” the other pulled him by his sleeve and pushed him into the apartment as he fumbled around to drag his luggage along with him.

Luhan glanced around the apartment. The place wasn’t small or anything like he had imagined, completely furnished but sort of dull; with beige and white walls, general fluorescent lamps as the lightings, and two bedrooms within. Yixing yawned and turned over his wrist to look at his watch.

“I’m going to bed,” he mumbled and flailed an arm over to his right, “Your room is over there. Make yourself feel at home. And goodnight.”

His bedroom door slammed shut and Luhan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, frowning a little. Good night? He checked the time. 11.30 am.

Well okay.

For the next four days, Luhan didn’t see much of his roommate. When he did, the elder would be spaced out over a bowl of cereal or chips; his eyes always staring off into space, or he would be sleeping, watching television or crouched over his laptop. Or sometimes he would just vanish into thin air and reappear again out of nowhere. Funny thing is that when Yixing was on the computer, he never played games or surfed around on social networking websites – he was always typing away on documents that Luhan could never understand, despite reading and re-reading many times over and over again.

Luhan tried to make conversations with him, and discovered that Yixing was twenty-two and questionably unemployed. Well, according to him, of course; he knew nothing more than that. The younger roommate, on the other hand, was just a happy nineteen-year-old high school graduate taking up arts in college and always dancing and writing songs whenever he could. Yixing would be lying if he said that he didn’t find the other attractive and very much like this certain someone he once knew. But he just bit his lip and kept his mouth shut. He had just recently known this stranger only anyways.

"Yixing, I'm going out to buy groceries. Do you want anything?" the younger boy peered into his bedroom with a shopping list in hand.

Yixing looked up from the laptop screen and smiled softly, causing him to shrink back a little and blush slightly. "Potato chips and diet coke." Ah, the usual.

"Okay!" Luhan nodded and his heel to leave.

"Ah, wait Luhan!"

He peeked back in again and blinked. "Yeah?"

Yixing gave him a warm smile. "Thank you."

Luhan flushed and bit his lip, his heartbeat suddenly racing and pounding in his chest. He slammed the door shut and grabbed his wallet and keys before sprinting off as fast as he could out of the apartment. Yixing chuckled softly and shook his head, turning his attention back to his laptop again.

'Cute.'