Chapter 2

My Darling

“Eh, whatever, everyone will still love me.  You know, I’m the T-O-P.  And, dinner was perfect, I can’t resist the tasty,” I try to lighten the mood with a spontaneous rap.

Result!  A hint of the smile is back.

“Okay, so what are you doing?” I go for broke while he’s astounded by my skills.

“Our Halloween costumes, duh.  Your interview reminded me.  We can go as Peter Pan and Wendy, so I’m just putting together whatever we have at home,” Daesung says.

“Ugh, do we have to dress up?  I’m so tired from all these interviews and photoshoots and wearing real pants and being on time… C’mon, I wanted to do nothing this weekend!”

“Yes, we have to go and yes, we have to wear costumes.  It’s your sunbaes’s party, he invited you weeks ago.  We can be quick about it though, fine by me,” Daesung clips.

Oh, I seem to be making it worse.  Time to change my approach.

“You’re right, I’m sorry, I completely forgot, Coconut.  Of course, we’ll go and wear a couple costume… I can’t wait to see you in that short, blue dress… with, ooh, white stockings?” I say, while wiggling my eyebrows, heart racing a little at the thought.

Daesung just looks at me with a hard stare.

“First, that’s Alice in Wonderland, not Wendy.  Second, I am not wearing a dress, short or otherwise.  Third, why do you assume that I’m not Peter Pan,” he huffs in my direction.

Got him.

I get up from the bed and make my way over to him.

“That’s easy.”  I get a doubtful look in return, skepticism clear in his features.

“Because you’re my Darling, no one else’s.  So, of course you’re my Wendy,” I say, holding his face gently.

Every ounce of hardness in his face melts in an instant, his cheeks quickly turning pink as I gaze at him.  He meets my eyes, as I finish my thought “and I’m your Peter Pan, the boy who never grows up.”

He completes the short distance between us as I hear him whisper, “I wouldn’t have it any other way, Monkey” as he burrows his head into my collar and kisses the hollow.

We stand like that for a while, content in the silence and the closeness.  Tomorrow will be another busy day and the weekend as well, but for now, we have this moment.  My arms around him, his breath tickling my neck every few seconds.  It’ll be fun, I guess, to play real dress up, after all these suits and –

“Wait, if I’m Peter Pan – you’re not going to make me wear tights, are you?  Green tights?” I step back, eyes wide.

He looks at me with a smirk on his face, “I’m. Shopping. Tomorrow.”

“Daesungah…?!?!?”

 

_________________________

 

Happy Halloween!!