I wish

Black Lily

~~~~


My name is Jung Yunho, I am 26 years old average man, the owner of the small coffee shop, just across the street of my apartment building, nothing much happened to me in particular, I spent my life everyday with same routines, wake up early in the morning, took a bathe before having my morning coffee with a half burnt toast with honey, and leaving my apartment at 9 am to open my coffee shop.

 

Had my lunch with my one and only employee Kim Junsu, return to my apartment at 9 pm after closing the coffee shop. If you think my life is boring, you’re totally right, but it happened before I got to the new neighbor, they moved into the apartment that's next to mine, I assumed them as dad and son, and they totally change my entire life.

 

There’s something odd about them though , I'm often curious of why I never saw the son leaving their apartment but quickly I shrugged it off since it was not my business ,to be honest, I just met him once when they came to my place to introduce themselves to me. I met the dad almost every morning when he is going to work , he introduce his name as Kim Hyunjoong and his son is Kim Jaejoong.

 

Still nothing happened after three month of their arrival until one day, I bought new painting to replace the old one in the living room, nothing special with the painting though, only two fish swimming in the small pool, I can’t even name the fish.

 

This is the start of everything, when I removed the old painting I found something that make me feel like thousand of spider legs crawl on my skin, my body was heated from anger, there, in the wall, I found a hole, a point, finger sized hole, which I am sure that it was not there couple of month ago when I put the first painting.

 

~~~

 


Anger has take over my insanity, I hurriedly left my apartment and walked fast headed to my new neighbor’s door, I push the bell couple of times and waiting for the owner of the flat to open the door impatiently. Not long after Kim Hyunjoong open the door he seems that he just finished taking a bath because he wore his bathrobe, I wandered my eyes inside his living room over his shoulder but his son, Kim Jaejoong, is nowhere to be seen.

 

“yes, Yunho-ssi ?” his words pulled me back into reality.

 

“May I meet your son?” I reply coldly.

 

“Is there something wrong with my son?” he frowned “you can just tell me and I will punish him if he did bad thing to you”

 

“yes, Hyunjoong-ssi I think you should teach your son to be more behave, I never know his innocent face was fake..” I took deep breath, try to clearing my brain “ He, I don’t know how, but he dug a hole in the wall and spied on me”.

 

“Kim Jaejoong!!” he turn around and calling for his son’s name, “KIM JAEJOOOONGGG!!!” he call him again when the boy did not show up with the raising tone. The sad boy came to us walking limping, wearing over size shirt and pants, he keeps looking down, not dare to lift his head and facing us, I can tell his body was shivering, maybe he's scared if his father will punish him after what he has done.

 

 

“apologize to Mr. Jung” His voice was low and stern, staring at his son with cold gaze.

 

 

“I am sorry Mr. Jung” his voice is shaking, and for unknown reason, I have this feeling that I already did a mistake, something deep down in my heart, I doubted that the boy has done something in-appropriative to me, but I shrugged it off since I thought that I already have the prove.

 

 

“You may go now” still with cold voice, before the boy turned his body around he, for a brief moment, stole a glance towards me, and our eyes met for mere second, his big beautiful eyes are glistening with tears, his lips and face are pale, lifeless. Is that the looks of the erted boy who used to peek on me? My heart screaming, but since I can’t find any other reason for the hole in my wall, I keep my heart strong, who knows he only pretending I said to myself.

 

 

“I am really sorry for my son’s behavior Mr. Jung” Kim Hyunjoong bowed slightly “and about the hole, I’ll do something about it” and later tonight the hole in my wall is already gone, being replaced by still wet cement mix.

 

 

~~~~~

 


That night, I can’t even close my eyes for a moment, the boy’s eyes and face keep flashing at the forefront of my mind, that big beautiful eyes shown fright and insecurity and something so mysterious that I can’t figure out what.

 

Because of the lack of sleep from the night before, I wake up with slight dizzy and fatigue on my neck, groan from the pain, I walked limping to the kitchen for some aspirin and water.

 

At 9 am as usual I left my apartment and headed to my coffee shop, there’s a slight pang in my chest when I walk passed the Kim apartment, I feel my stomach churn from the unknowing reason. But I ignored it since I think it’s only the side effects from the sleepless night.

 

~~~~

 

Six month later…

 

It’s been couple of months passed since the hole incident, the small incident that now almost forgotten. The Kim family moved from the building couple of days after that day and I continued my boring life like nothing has happened, until one day …

 

Buzz..buzz..

 

“yeah hello?” I pick up my cell phone lazily with my bedroom voice ,eyes still closed.

 

“Yah, Jung Yunho you know what time it is now?” that was my best friend Park Yoochun’s voice “you lazy ” he ended his sentence with hard laugh.

 

“if you called me only to mock me, maybe better for us to end our conversation this instant” I said coldly

 

“wow dude, I am just kidding sheesh you’re so not fun”

 

“tell me what do you want that you have to disturb me early in the morning”

 

 

~~~~

 


“I will come back to Japan” he paused “I just wondering if you want to move to my apartment since you know my place is better and bigger than yours, no offend” I almost can see him grinning, that jerk, I know his place is better and bigger from mine but it doesn’t mean he need to exaggerated it. If he is in front of me now I think I already would have chocked him to death.

 

“and what make you think that I want to move to your place? You know that I better stay here since my coffee shop is nearer” I pushed myself into sit position and ran my fingers through my hair to make it tidier.

 

“umm..what If I say that your crush is living next to my door now?” now I can see his stupid face smirking in victory.

 

“you’re kidding me” I try hard to hide my excitement.

 

“well, I am not going to force you if you-“

 

“fine, fine I'll take your offer-“

 

~~~~

 


“you need a help with that hyung?” Junsu pointed toward the small cupboard next to my fish painting.

 

 

“yes please, I think I will need this in my new place” I hold one side of the cupboard and Junsu hold the other end “on three” I command him.

 

 

“on yours..” Junsu nod his head, there's not much work for me and Junsu to removed the cupboard since it wasn’t that heavy, and place it not too far from the door. I frowned when I return to the place where my cupboard used to be there I found a small rolls of paper, seems it has been there for long time since the color is not white like it use to be but it has been turned brownish and I covered by a thin layers of dust. Slowly I take the paper and unroll it, cold sweat start to running my forehead and the entire of the surface of my skin, I feel my knee shaking, my heart thumped loudly as my mouth read what was written on the paper, the writing was slurred and shaked and I can recognize a stain from dried droplets of water which I assume as tears.

 

 

Now everything flashed on my mind like a movie, the hole on my wall, the shaking frightened boy, those beautiful mysterious eyes “he- not peeking on me…. “ stepping back, I had to balance myself by placing my hands on the wall or else I might fall.

 

 

My heart felt as though it had plummeted into the pit of my stomach and I felt sickeningly cold, causing my heart to feel as though it had been ripped apart from my chest and trampled upon as I read the message over and over.

 

 

I wish i found out about this earlier,and now I wish I can turn back the time, I’ll save you angel, even if I had to lose my life.


Help me, please...

 

I read the message for the last time with my shaking voice.