EPILOGUE: Place Your Bets

Fool For Love

The room was filled with silence. That wasn’t much of a surprise anyway, was it? Mino with his game console, Jongup on the blackboard, Zelo and Jennie being all lovey-dovey, and Hanbin…

 

No, he wasn’t sleeping. He wasn’t lazing around. He was… laughing.

 

Zelo and Jennie’s eyes flew to him. Jennie frowned. “YAH! What are you laughing at there?” she asked.

 

Hanbin lifted his eyes. There was a smile on his face. “I’m watching SpongeBob,” he said, showing his phone to them. He returned his eyes to the screen of his phone and laughed once again.

 

Zelo and Jennie shook their heads. “Aish, really. Let him be,” Zelo said.

 

After a while, the door to their room opened. Hanbin’s head immediately lifted. It seemed like he was expecting someone.

 

“Hayi…” he greeted, a smile spread on his face.

 

“HAYI!!!” Mino greeted, a little bit too enthusiastically, drowning Hanbin’s small greeting. Mino stood up and threw his arm over her shoulder. “Hayi, our savior.”

 

“Hayi, our knight in shining armor,” Jongup seconded as he appeared beside them.

 

Hayi looked at them, her brows raised.

 

“If not for this girl, I would be starving at school really. It was really crazy of me to bet my allowance,” Mino said.

 

“Me too, if not for Hayi, I can’t really imagine how I’ll be spending my days with my wallet empty,” Jongup said. “Hayi, tell us, what do you want in return?”

 

“You just made the great Hanbin fall for you. That doesn’t do you justice if we don’t give you something. Another SpongeBob stuffed toy? SpongeBob bag?” Mino asked.

 

Hayi laughed seeing the two morons acting this way. Ever since that day, they had been like this with her every time she entered the room. And like always, any second now, someone else would interrupt.

 

Mino was suddenly thrown to the side while Jongup almost tripped when someone appeared between him and Hayi. “Stop being all close with my girl,” Hanbin said possessively, wrapping his arms around Hayi.

 

“Aish, so possessive, we were just being great friends,” Jongup complained.

 

“Such possessive boyfriend he is,” Mino mumbled before going back to his spot.

 

Zelo and Jennie were just left on the side watching and laughing at the antics of the boys.

 

“Actually, Mino and Jongup, I already bought something so you don’t have to worry about my ‘reward,’” Hayi said. She pulled out something from behind her. “A new SpongeBob bag.”

 

“Uwaaaa! Is that mine?!” Hanbin exclaimed, his eyes widening like saucers. However, before he could reach for it, Hayi already extended her arm to bring the bag away from him.

 

“Nope, this is mine. This new one is mine. My old SpongeBob bag is yours,” she said. “Anyway, you seem to like that bag so much.”

 

“But, the new one should be mine!” Hanbin complained.

 

Hayi shook her head, a smile threatening to spread on her lips. “Nope. I love SpongeBob. The new one should be mine.”

 

“But I love SpongeBob now too!”

 

Hayi feigned a gasp. “No! SpongeBob is mine!”

 

“Hayiiiiiiiiii~” he whined until Hayi burst out laughing.

 

The laughter was interrupted though when the door opened once again. All eyes once again flew to the door. Bobby, panting from being breathless, appeared.

 

“MINO! I found someone for you!”

 

A collective groan filled the room while Mino wasn’t even bothered to look up from his game.

 

“Here goes Bobby again,” Jennie said, face-palming herself.

 

“I bet it will only be three days!” Jongup immediately announced.

 

“She’s different now, Mino!” Bobby exclaimed. “She’s a gamer too!”

 

“Deal!” Mino immediately stood up upon hearing that.

 

“Oh, he’s gonna lose. He’s gonna lose big time,” Hayi whispered, shaking her head.

 

While the boys grouped together as they talked about the new girl and their bets, Jennie walked towards Hayi.

 

“Looks like we’ll have another girl’s mind-reader in the group,” Jennie said. “I wasn’t able to welcome you properly last time. Welcome to the group.”

 

Hayi smiled at Jennie. “Looks like we’re being neglected by our boyfriends eh?”

 

Jennie nodded as both of them looked at the boys being their idiotic selves, betting on the girl.

 

“You think we’ll have another girl in the group?” Jennie asked.

 

Hayi stared at her and smiled mischievously. “Should we place our own bets?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

- END -

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

Finally! the last chapter! thanks to everyone who subscribed, commented, and upvoted this story~ huhu. /ugly sobbing/ i love youuuuu~

hope you liked this story ^^ please leave comments on your thoughts. comments are loved <3

next story will be a daragon, since i'm originally a dg writer. hehe. these lee hi fics are my sidelines. lol