Chapter 1 - "What was that about!"

MARMALADE BOY

 

A girl was practicing tennis by the park alone. She often go here because she felt free and happy. She continuously hit the wall of a building with the ball. After a playing, she sat down and had a drink. While drinking, she noticed something moved behind the bushes. She stood up to take a closer look. Suddenly, her phone rang.

"Hello? Yes mother. I will come home now, bye."

At home, the girl saw her parents at the living room.
"I'm home!" the girl gave a wonderful smile.
"Yoona, we need to talk," her dad firmly said.
"What is it? Is something wrong dad?"
"You know we had our vacation at hawaii last week right?"
"The one you didn't take me?" Yoona pouted.
"So here it is... We're having a divorce," her dad said.

"Whaaat!!! Why!!!??"

"You see we met another couple at this tour bus. The Cho's. I fell quickly in love with Mr. Cho," her mom explained.
"And I fell in love with Mrs. Cho, too," her dad added.

Yoona had wide open. They are having a divorce because they fell in love with someone else that quickly?

"Are you two nuts!! Do you think you can split up that easily?!" Yoona exclaimed.
"Later on, we knew that they felt the same way too, so after a few chit-chat, we decided to remarry and switch partners," her dad explained.

" SWITCH PARTNERS!!!"

"Don't worry honey, we still love each other. But not like the love we felt for the Cho's." her mom added.
"Don't you think we just felt love as friends and not love as couples?" her dad asked her mom.
"Yeah you're right. Ever since we got married, we felt not passionate love. But we do love each other right?Maybe..."

"STOP! What are you two? NUTS! I know you are weird but I never thought you'll do things as weird as this! This is insane! Unethical! Unacceptable!" tears started rushing down Yoona's eyes.

"Honey, please give us this chance of fullfilling our long lost excitement we just found it from the Cho's," her mom explained.
"And we are going to have dinner with them tonight. Please give us the chance to show you why we really wanted this," her dad pleaded.

"Fine. I will join your dinner but it doesn't mean I approve of your silly plan."

"Thank you honey!!"
Her parents hugged her happily.

Yoona thought, no matter what, she will find a way to stop this nonsense.

"By the way, the Cho's have a son. I'm looking forward of you two meeting each other."

A son? Yes! At least I have someone who's with me who's against our parents' decision too, Yoona thought.

That night....


Yoona's parents introduced the Cho's. They look like a normal couple, unlike Yoona's parents.
"So, this remarrying thing, don't you think.."
"It's amazing!" The Cho's said.
They are not normal right, Yoona thought.

"By the way, where is Kyu?" Yoona's mom asked.
Yoona thought, finally, she had someone who'll be her ally.

Then, a guy came from the door.
He looked very handsome and quickly Yoona felt she has a crush on him now. She started day dreamig and then.. Yoona snap out of it! You should be thinking of a plan with him! Not day dreaming about him!--she thought to herself.

Then, the guy named Kyu looked at her and gave her a sweet smile. "Hi! Nice to meet you!"

Yoona blushed. Gosh, he's so cute she thought. No, she 

 should not be feeling this. She suddenly stood up.

"I just want to say I do not approve of this! What will our relatives say? Our friends? How about the feelings of your son and daughter? Do you know what we will feel if you do this!?"

"I don't mind," Kyu said while eating his dinner.

"What?You actually approve of this!"
"Yeah. Why don't you just deal with it?"

"And honey, we all talked to our relatives and friends and they all approved of it! They were not really surprised we'll do this," her dad said.

"Do you even think of my feelings? Having divorced parents? " Yoona sniffed he tears away.

"I'm sorry honey. Thank you for being honest of you're feelings... But we have taken care of that problem!" her mom said excitedly.
"We thought after getting divorced, we'll be living inside a single house. By that, you will still carry my last name and at the same time you'll see the two of us often just like before!" her dad explained.

"What! I still disapprove!" Then, Yoona noticed the sad faces of her parents and the Cho's.
"So I am the only one against this huh.. Argh! Fine! Hmph!"

"Yeaah! We convinced her!" her parents and the Cho's celebrated.

 Yoona thought, these people are so weird.

The next day at school during PE class...

"What? Really?"
"Yes, Seohyun. I can't do anything to stop them."
"I think their plan was nice," Seohyun giggled.
"Nice? You too?"
"Oh, don't worry. They are old enough to decide for themselves. At least they are happy and you still see them as usual."
"Yeah I think you're right. But don't tell this to anyone,okay? It's so emabarrassing you know."
Then at the middle of their conversation, someone hit Yoona from behind.

"Ouch!What the? Kyu!!? What are you doing here?"
"I transferred here," he calmly said.
"What? No!"
"My previous school was so far away from town so our parents decided to transfer me here."
"You didn't even tell me at home?"
"We know that you'll going to go wild if you knew so we kept it a secret."
Yoona crossed her arms in frustration.
"By the way, Seohyun, this is Kyu."
"Hello!" Seohyun greeted him.
Then, a guy called from behind them.

"Yoona! Seohyun!"
"Oh, hi Donghae!" the two girls greeted.
"By the way, this is Kyu, a...mmm, the son of my parent's friend."

"Look out!" someone yelled from afar.
"Huh?" Yoona looked and a basketball hit her flat on her face.
"Yoona! Wake up!" Seohyun shook her.


Yoona woke up inside the clinic.
"What happened?"
"Are you okay?" Seohyun asked.
"Yeah."
"Wait I'll get your bag."
Outside the curtains of the clinic, she heard a familiar voice.
"Oh, Kyu, she's over there." Seohyun said.

Yoona pretended to be asleep to avoid him teasing her.

Kyu stepped inside the curtains. He stood there for long, looking at her sleeping. He was silent and just stared at her. When he was sure that she's asleep, he leaned closer to her and kissed her on the lips.
When Yoona didn't woke up, he just left the room.

Yoona sat up holding , "What was that about!"