Teaser #1

⊱DiCypher⊰

 

Do you have what it takes to be a star?

 

Teaser 1


 

The sound of sneakers rubbing against wooden floors is resonating throughout the enclosed room. A group of girls are dancing; moving to the beat. Most of them are looking at their reflections in the mirror while others are only looking forward but are seeing nothing as they are thinking about the next move to execute. 

One of the trainees runs to the back of the room and picks up a bottle of water. She pulls down her zipper and opens her jacket. She was thankful for the fact that her blouse was of a dark color as her sweat stains would be barely noticeable. She fans herself and leans on the wall, sliding down until she is sitting. Fanning herself with one side of her jacket, she watches the other girls dance. She opens the bottle and takes a few gulps before steadily in taking the water. 

"I'm definitely going to succeed this time," she thinks. She is deep in her thoughts as she drinks her water and stares at the ceiling. 

"Min Yumi," a voice calls out. Yumi is so shocked that some of the water comes up through her nose, wetting her exposed blouse even further. She begins to cough and the girl who called out to her runs to her side. 

"I'm so sorry," she says as she pats Yumi's back to stop her from coughing, "I just wanted you to pass my water for me." She continuously apologizes. She furrows her brows as she has no idea of what to do at this moment. Yumi continues to cough but it is overpowered by the sound of the music that the other girls are dancing to. 

"It's okay," Yumi says in-between coughs. She motions Hajin to stop patting her. Hajin stops and stoops before her. She notices that Yumi's face is wet from the incident so she reaches into her pocket and offers her tissues. Yumi takes them graciously and wipes her face. Hajin, still unsure of Yumi's state, looks at the other with curiosity.

"Are you sure you're alright? If you want to, we can get you to a hospital or report the incident to the office or we can-" 

"I'm sure I'm okay," Yumi says, cutting into Hajin's statement. "Thank you." She tries her best to subdue the urge to cough while she smiles reassuringly to convince Hajin. Hajin smiles back at her and picks up the water that caused all of this. She stands up and steadily and runs her hand through her dark brown hair. 

"I'm sorry again," Hajin says before turning to go back to the rest of the girls.

"That's the longest conversation I've ever had with her," Hajin thinks as she looks at Yumi one last time. Turning around, Hajin almost trips over something or someone. 

"Ouch!" a little voice shouts. Hajin looks down at the source of the voice to see a kneeling Yoona. 

"I'm sorry," she says as she extends a hand to help Yoona up. She is completely annoyed by the fact that she is hurting so many people that day. Yoona holds Hajin's hand and Hajin pulls her up. 

"It's okay, unnie," Yoona says as she smiles brightly. Her smile causes Hajin to smile as well. There is just something about Yoona's smile and personality that would light up any room she enters. Yoona continues to smile as she watches Hajin move closer to the stereo.

She kneels down again to tie her shoelaces. Her brightly colored sneakers look brand new although she has had them for years. She stands and starts to stretch. "Time to do one of my favorite things in the world, dance," she thinks as she bends to touch her toes. At this very moment, she feels an extra 45 kilograms suddenly fall onto her back. Succumbing to the weight, she falls, face first, onto the wooden dance room floor.

"Jung Haneul!" a loud voice calls from the other end of the room. The owner of the voice marches to Haneul and pulls her off of Yoona. "Are you okay?" She asks in a concerned tone.

"Jaekyung, it's okay, I'm pretty sure she didn't get hurt," Haneul says with a pout. Jaekyung shoots Haneul a glare then continues to tend to Yoona. Yoona's eyes are watery and her nose is red. She quickly covers her nose and tells them that she's fine; she absolutely hates worrying people.

"I'm okay," Yoona says. She tries to stand but Jaekyung and Haneul keep her on the ground. 

"119, 119!" Haneul shouts to Jaekyung. Yoona tries to tell them that she's fine, but just as she does that, her nose begins to bleed. Haneul begins to panic causing her face to go red and tears to form in her eyes. "I'm so sorry Yoona." 

"Oh, my God," a calm voice says. "Get me some tissue." Haneul looks at Hyojin and nods. She runs to the back of the room to get tissue and quickly returns. Hyojin twists a sheet of the tissue and gently puts it into the bleeding nostril. She, then, tilts Yoona's head up with care. As one of the eldest trainees she felt like she was responsible for those children, especially those three.

"Thank you unnie," Yoona says, as brightly as she can at this moment. Hyojin smiles in response.

"You," she said to Haneul. "Stop bullying Yoona."

Haneul hangs her head in shame for the entirety of Hyojin's lecture. After lecturing Haneul and feeling a bit relieved, Hyojin goes back to practice the dance that their teacher told them to practice and Jaekyung follows. Haneul raises her head and looks at Yoona. 

"It was a mistake, I swear. I didn't expect for you to fall like that."

"It's okay. I know." Yoona smiles at Haneul. Haneul fidgets with her shorts and looks towards the door. She sees a strange man standing there, looking at all the girls practice.

He is wearing a full suit, his long brown hair is perfectly combed -not one single strand is out of place, God forbid it- and his shoes are shiny, like really shiny. Haneul bets she could see herself in the black surface of them. Or maybe she could do so too on the dark sunglasses he is sporting.

"Wow, is he a bodyguard?" Haneul asks Yoona. Yoona shrugs her shoulders in response. "I'll go and ask him then," Haneul nonchalantly says as she begins to skip towards the stranger, only to be stopped by Yoona grabbing the back of her tank top.

"Are you crazy?" She asks. "You can't talk to stranger like that. He might like children, in that way." Haneul rolls her eyes at the comment.

"There aren't any children here. Come on, he's handsome, let's find out his name." However, Yoona continues to hold Haneul's top.

"How about you do what you are supposed to do? I'm sure that will attract his attention" Yoona pulls the bloody tissue out of her nostril and grins. "Just dance. I'll join you later." She skips off to the garbage bin. 

Haneul scrunches up her nose and watches the other girls practice then looks at the stranger, who is slowly but surely making his way to the back of the room, straight in the eye before starting to dance to the assigned choreography. She tries her best not to go near any of the better dancers; they are big threats in getting the guy's attention. "I swear he's a bodyguard, I want to talk to a bodyguard."

Seo JangMi moves fluently, with the grace and smoothness that only experience and true passion can provide. The steps that their teacher assigned them to practice have been long memorized and learned, so much she could do them backwards if she wanted to.

As the other girls continue with the pre-set choreography, she listens to the music for a moment, feeling the beat and listening to the progression of the song as it continues replaying on a loop, over and over again. An unknown figure catches her eye on the reflection of the wall mirror; it's a guy she has never seen. Perhaps... Suddenly, something clicks in her mind.

"Screw the choreography, I don't care if the other girls seeSome of the trainees stare at her for a moment when she starts to dance on her own, only to roll their eyes or sigh, and continue with the routine. "If you can't handle it, go away. I'm not going to hold back today"

Knowing that she has their attention, she steps it up, catching some of the girls abandoning the dance floor through the corner of her eye. She hits the marks perfectly, even if she is just making up the choreography as she goes. When she finishes, she is breathing heavily, trying to regain her composure. A quick look at the mirror confirms her thoughts: the guy is looking at her, JangMi is almost sure he is nodding slightly but she is unable to see anything else because the cheerful face of another trainee comes between her and the mirror, separating her from her previous train of thought.

"Unnie, did you just make that up?"

"Ah yes, it was nothing, really." JangMi keeps a straight face, even after being surprised. However, she seems to have forgotten how to talk, but after taking another breath, she feels her brain starting to work again. "I was just fed up from all that repetition, our teacher's choice for this week was pretty lame"

"Yes, it was... actually, unnie, there is this step I can't figure out" The newcomer lowers her head a bit, obviously feeling self-conscious about admitting that fact. "C-could you help me?"

"Really? But you are really good too, Jolita." JangMi asks, which makes the girl's shoulders drop. Okay, so maybe her brain is still not fully on.  "Sure, sure, why not?" She huffs again, running the back of her right hand over her forehead to dry her sweat.

"How stupid!" Jolita laughs and sticks out her tongue "You must be tired, let me get you something to drink, okay?" She bows softly in front of JangMi before running to get her water bottle.

The eldest of the trainees keeps a soft smile on her features but just after her companion leaves her side it turns into a full grin, one that shows part of her gums. At least, someone sees her talent.

When Jolita runs to the back of the room to find JangMi's water bottle, she can't help but to observe the person sitting on the corner with a towel covering her head. With the item in hand, she crunches besides her, poking the girl's arm softly.

"Are you alright?" She asks in a calm voice. "If you didn't practice the assignment, JangMi-unnie is helping me out, I'm sure she can help you too"

The girl turns her head to look at Jolita, moving the towel enough to see the insulted look on her face and her wide eyes.

"What?! Of course I practiced! It's just that I don't..." Her voice fades into a whisper and she moves the towel to its starting place, gazing at the floor once more.

Jolita sighs, sitting beside the younger girl; JangMi can wait. "It's just that what, Soomin-ah?" 

"I don't... I don't feel like dancing today"

"That's unusual" starts Jolita, tapping a finger against her lower lip "Maybe.... you have a fever?" Her hand wanders under the towel, reaching for the forehead of her fellow trainee.

"Ah! What are you doing? Don't do stuff like that!" Soomin jerks back, repelled by the sudden skinship.

"So it's not a fever, maybe a stomachache?" There is playfulness in her voice as she reaches for the belly of the younger girl.

"Oneesan!~" Soomin whines in Japanese.

"Hahaha fine, I won't touch anymore but you have to tell me what is happening" Jolita asks, tugging on the towel enough to reveal Soomin's eyes again, truthfully concerned for the girl she sees as a younger sister. 

"Can't you see?" She follows Soomin's stare to the other side of the room, her expression is a wary one. "That guy over there... I don't like him"

"What?" Shock runs through her mature features as she notices the guy sitting just a couple of meters away from her "Kuso"

"Unnie, don't use such ugly words!" Soomin whines once more, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Sorry. Is he a trainee?" Jolita inquires, moving her head to try and get a clearer view of the guy.

"I don't know, I don't care, I don't want him here. Make him leave." Soomin pulls the towel once again, covering her head completely and hugging her knees to her chest, ending the conversation for good.

The girls could have a better view of the mysterious stranger, if only one of the eldest trainees wasn't dancing so close to him.

The young woman flips her long dark hair in a y manner as she shakes her hips to the rhythm of the music playing; even after hours of training, her make-up is still perfect and, although her hair is a bit out of place, it adds to her wild charm. She winks ily at her reflection on the mirror, catching a glimpse of him: sadly, he looks uninterested, taking a sip of water from his bottle.

"You are not going to notice me, 'oppa'?" she thinks to herself. In a fluid motion, the girl goes on a low squatting stance and starts shaking her hips up and down, in a bouncing motion. As the water sprays out of his mouth, she only smiles wider "Ha, like hell you won't"

"Yah, Moon KangRi. I said no twerking during my dance lessons" A man's voice comes from the now open door, making everyone stop on their tracks.

The loud music stops booming and all the girls run to the front of the room, bowing in front of him. His fitting black pants, his leather jacket and his shiny brand new Ray-Ban sunglasses make him look like a cool university student. He gives a half smirk and enters the room with his coffee in one hand and his cellphone in the other.

Someone whispers something along the lines of 'Omo, teacher Junho is so cool', which only deepens his smirk.

He removes his jacket and drops his things in a nearby chair, finally turning to look at the whole 'class', lowering his sunglasses and scratching the back of his head.

"How are you girls feeling this morning? I hope you all..." But he isn't able to finish his phrase, because his gaze becomes fixed on a certain person who sticks out like a sore thumb. "H-hyung?" There is a moment of silence and everyone stares at one man and the other. The stranger seems to lower his face even more, knowing what is going to happen but still waves a little with his hand. The cocky smirk turns into a silly grin as Junho takes off his sunglasses and basically skips to the stranger's side, like a little kid would. "Hyung! It is you!" He throws his arms around the older male and starts shaking him from side to side.

There is an almost collective gasp when Junho grabs the other guy by his hand and drags him outside of the room, where the girls can hear him laugh (More like giggle) and talk to no end. 

"So the cute oppa came to see teacher Junho."

"Do you think... maybe...those two?"

"This is so unfair!"

"B-but teacher Junho looked so cool just a moment ago."

And then, there is silence.

The door of the room flings open, hitting the wall so hard that the sound makes all the girls shiver. Junho strides into the room and shoots a deadly glare at all of them before moving to press the play button of the stereo. Now they know they are in for a hardcore practice today.

"Damn. Again? Well, thanks stranger!"

"Ugh, today is going to be a hell of a day..." she thinks with a huff.

"So that is why he came back... A selection." Junho turns and stares again at the girls, the same ones he has been sharing his mornings and afternoons with for years now. The smirk grows back on but this time there is a mischievous spark in his eyes. "Well, let's see who makes it to the other side. Enjoy the show, 'hyung'"

 

  


 

Author Rin reporting to duty :

Hello! The first teaser is up :) This way, all the characters will be a part of the story somehow. Even those that won't be chosen to be a part of the group will be cameos (shh, don't tell Ellie that I told you). I hope you enjoyed this teaser.

Hyojin and Jaekyung are OC's if you're wondering.

I just have to take a moment to thank all of those who upvoted. Thank you so much!!!! >_<    I love all of our subscribers and thank you for applying :)

Ayo, Author Ellie here:

Wow, Teaser 1 turned out to be so long. I hope you girls like it, I'm sure we had a great time writing it :D I just want to say thank you to all of you who applied, you have make me so happy! (Hey, hey, what are talking about up there?) Anyway, meet your Dance Teacher, Junho and an especial oppa we will be talking about later on.

Oh, and also, expect a new teaser later this week ;P

You are all lovely, let me give you a hug ~ ~ ~