Chapter 2

Subject Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER TWO
 

My eyes opened to see an office. My arms were strapped down onto the chair when I pulled against them it's no use. I sighed rolling my head back banging it on the wall behind me. Then the door clicked open. I perked up at see another person in white. He held manila folders with colored papers sticking out. I caught a name on one: Kris.

He paid no attention to me and proceed to his desk.

Sitting down he popped his pen and looked through the files. I sat up and stretched my neck to see. He was examining a profile with red ink written over it. I saw the picture but it was unclear who it was.

"That was a reckless act you did Ari." The man said finally flipping to another paper. I slouched down in my seat,

"You didn't have to shoot me Gino..." I mumbled. He was quiet again and sighed,

"Well, since you broke that whole test room they expect you to pay for it."

"How am I supposed to? I don't even have a job." I argued.

"Yes I know that. So I made a deal," He replies. and glared at him as he closed the folder. He opened the desk drawer putting the papers away.

"And the deal was...?" I asked when he didn't continue.

"I'm sending you to school." He answers. My jaw dropped from hearing those words. All my life I've always been taught in my apartment. Now they're letting me socialize with other people?!

"No you're not going to a public school. You're a freak remember." He said and my heart felt like it was stabbed. "We hold a school here for our test subjects about your age."

"There's other people just like me?!" I asked.

"Heh, not exactly." He grunted opening another folder, ""Black Pearl." Otherwise known as Ari. Last name: unknown. Parents: unknown. Testing for: Shape shifting." He read glancing at me "Case level: Extreme. Subject number:-"

"Okay I get it!" I blurt stopping him. He sighed,

"One. Ari, in all my years of researching kids like you, you're the only one who can do what you do. I've seen kids who can read minds, who can move objects with their eyes, call onto spirits, but never a child who can change their DNA structure to change their very being. Ari, you are a one of a kind subject..." Gino went on and I rolled my eyes. He sighed walking over. He unbuckled the straps and wrapped a collar around my neck.

"For now on we are in control of when you can and cannot use your abilities. You start school tomorrow."

"And Mr. Shim?" I asked looking at his eyes.

"We've found Him a good job at a local school. He should start sometime this week. Let's go." He said and patted my back. I stood up and we walked out of the room.

Unlike the others, I trust Gino more than the workers at this lab. He is the only one who calls me by my real name instead of my "Test name" besides Owen and he raised me l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter