Final

A Place in This World

It’s been a while since I visited my hometown. I’ve been to California to finish my schooling there but right now, I’m here again at my hometown. I’m here again at Seoul ready to face all the persons I left. I’m here again to face her.

As a day pass by, I quickly go to places we often go before. Right now, I’m at this park where I first met her. It’s a good thing that nothing much changed here. I sit where it all started before and open my favorite book, hoping that something happen just like before.

As I was too engrossed of what I’m reading a familiar voice called me.

Jinri?”

“Victoria?”

“Oh my gosh. It’s really you.” I stand up to hug her. She’s the owner of our my favorite ice cream parlor. “You’re grown up now huh.”

“Well, it’s been four years since I left. How are you?”

“I’m great. Why don’t we go to the shop since I don’t think what you’re waiting won’t come and won’t happen.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re sitting at this spot, reading a novel. Cmon. I know your past. Krystal doesn’t come here anymore since she has a bitter memory here.”

Bitter memory? Is it because this is where we met? Was it because she’s regretting of meeting me here? I was so lost in my own thoughts that Victoria has successfully dragged me into her car.

Why are we in the car? Isn’t your shop a walking distance from here?”

“Nope. I moved to have a bigger space.”

“Oh. Well, that’s cool.”

“It really is. I have a partner though. You’ll love her.”

“Love her? Haha. Let’s see about that.”

~~

As we reach her shop, there was this familiar feeling I felt the when we enter.

Wait here. I’ll call my partner.” Victoria said and left me.

 I looked around and I was amused. It is indeed bigger. The interior looks like a cozy library because it has a lot of displayed books where you can eat and enjoy chatting with your friends, unlike in school libraries. A familiar book caught my attention once again. It was the book that I was reading when I met her. I was about to grab the book to at least browse it, when someone stop me.

“Do not touch that book.” I shiver as I hear that voice from my back. That cold voice I used to listen whenever someone is jealous. I still reach the book to confirm my suspicion that it was her.

Didn’t you see the off limit sign?! Yah!” She grabs the book and carefully putting it back.

Jin—Oh. There you are, Soojung.” Soojung looks at Victoria with an annoyed expression still unaware of my presence. While her I am frozen at my where I am standing because it really is her.

 “What’s with the face huh?”

“This person—oh” She froze when she looks at me but looks back at Victoria again.

This person is touching an off limit in this store.”

Victoria laughs after Soojung said that, and when I look that her she’s face is red. What’s with them?

Cmon Soojung. Cut the act. You know this person and I’m pretty sure that book is familiar to the owner.”

“VIC!!” Owner? I looked back at the book again and find a familiar drawing at the cover. Her eye.

“Let’s take a sit Jinri and Soojung. I know you guys want to talk.”

~~

Vic left us after someone called her. I still can’t believe that I am seeing her right now. What a lucky bastard I am.

So, you’re Vic’s partner?” I initiated the talk since I can tell that she’s awkward.

Well yeah. I’m the one who suggested it to be like this.”

“So, you’re into book now huh?” I tell this to her with a teasing tone. I know she gets what I’m trying to say when she blushed.

When did you come back?” She asked trying to divert the topic to another.

“Yesteday. Did you miss me? Because I’m sure, I do miss you.”

“Nope. I’m sorry but I just other things to do than to sit here.” She said this and immediately stands. No. I am not letting things to go slip away again. I don’t want you to be parted away from me again. I grabbed her wrist, not letting her go.

Soojung-ah. I came back as I fix myself. I came back for you.”

“What do you want me to do then?” She asked still not facing me.

I want as to be what you want us to be before.”

“Before?” Her voice cracks as she tries to release from my hold. “What before are you talking about Jinri? There’s no us, before.” I’m hurt when she said this. I tighten my hold to her. No. I am not going to give you up easily Soojung.

Is that the reason why you are protecting that book from the touch of other person Jjung? I came here to continue what we had started, what you’ve been scared of. Are you still scared to be hurt? Have you ever realized that it hurts more when there is no one to comfort you? At least when I’m with you, I know it’s worth it.” I let you of her hands. I may not want to let her go but still I do not want to force her. “I still love you, my dearest Jjung. You never left your place in my heart.”

She faced me after I said those words. Tears rolls down her face and I feel my face is wet too.

I treasure that book because that’s the only memory you left to me. That damn book that every time I want to read always bring tears to me. I hate it when that happens. You know why? Because I regret the time I’ve been scared. I treasure that book because I’m afraid I won’t ever see you again. But look who’s here now?” Soojung closed the distance and wipes my tears, and so I did to her. “Are you really worth the pain Jinri? Are you –“

I cut her off with a kiss. I let her feel the love that I treasure. I kissed her with all my heart. Letting her feel the emotions with every breath I took. The only time we pull off is when we run out of breath.

“I love you Jjung. I love you, do you feel the same?”

“Do you even need to ask that if I never really left in your heart? I love you Jinri. Don’t you ever leave again.”

---

 

 

 

well im sorry for this one. ahaha. i guess im just good at making angst. here's for everyone. i hope you enjoy. and i hope i can improve too. take care.