Chapter 2

THIS IS REAL, MINO/TAEHYUN, G

‘oh aegi-yah, i’m fine today. you want tteokboki?’ ajumah smiled lovingly at him. he nodded his head enthusiastically.

mino who heard a song they used to dance to coming from a store nearby, started to break into a small dance next to taehyun who was busy chatting up the ajumah. suddenly, the ajumah chuckled and pointed at mino. taehyun felt half embarrassed and half amused at his hyung’s antic.

‘aigoo~~~ you’re good at dancing. i’ll just give you for free.’ taehyun laughed and nudged mino at his waist.

‘what?’

‘she said she’ll giving it for free.’

‘why?’

‘coz you were dancing like an idiot and she loved it.’

‘emmonim, you’re giving it to us for free?’ mino asked in disbelief.

‘yeah, if you dance for me again, i’ll give you one more.’ both taehyun and mino exchanged looks and started to dance cutely.

‘aigo~ so pretty. here, to cheer you on.’ they both took a cup each and bowed deeply for the ajumah before they started walking back.

taehyun suddenly broke into a loud laughter which surprises mino, ‘what? you’re so weird.’

‘god hyung. can you not be ridiculous when you’re with me out in the public? don’t suddenly break into a dance. you’re not seunghoon-ie hyung ok.’ mino could see a glint of mischief in his eyes, so instead of being offended he smiled sincerely for the first time since he got dragged out of his room.

‘excuse me, the ajumah thought i’m a good dancer ok. watch your mouth.’ mino shoved him back playfully, taehyun just raised both his hands in surrender. they both laugh a little bit more before it died down and silence took over them.

‘nam tae-‘

‘mino-hyu-‘

they both said at the same time and chuckled softly. mino gestured for taehyun to go ahead but the brat just shook his head and pointed to mino to start first.

he cleared his throat and took a deep breath before he started speaking, ‘hmm…i’m sorry for being harsh and irrational to you yesterday. it was wrong for me to take it out on you. i got worried and felt rushed to get things done. so we could practice smoothly and in all honesty, being a leader is still new to me. i don’t know why sajangnim would appoint me when there’s seunghoon-hyung and seungyoon-ie who are a much better choice than me.’

‘well, for a newbie, you’re kinda awesome. sajangnim won’t appoint you if he didn’t think you could do it. what you said yesterday was right. i was just giving reasons coz i didn’t think i could do the song and the dance. we’re all worried aren’t we? i’m just so stressed about proving to sajangnim that he didn’t make a mistake in taking me in so i started to chicken out. i’m sorry hyung.’ taehyun looked at mino from under his bangs worrying his lips between his teeth.

mino chuckled softly and ruffled taehyun’s hair. it took him 40 minutes to get ready today because he decided to not wear his cap on top of his 5:5 parting hair. immediately his hand got swatted by the brat.

‘hyung please! never! i said never! touch the hair. only i can touch my hair.’ he scowled while swiping, patting and arranging his hair.

and this, here, is the moment that made mino crossed all his fingers earlier. the moment he wanted to avoid, the moment he would never imagined it to happen. a very very weird moment that’s so wrong but so so right.

he stepped closer and asked, ‘then, can i touch your face?’ he received a bewildered look from taehyun whose mouth gaped slightly, lost for words.

‘why, would you wanna touch my face?’ instead of answering, mino leaned down to meet their lips together. taehyun’s shocked gasp sounded like a whimper in mino’s ears and he thought that that’s the best sound he’s ever heard since he became a trainee at yg.

their lips moulded beautifully, their rhythm were perfect as if they were meant to do this. as if their lips were made to kiss each other. despite of the shock, taehyun didn’t push him away. in fact, he wrapped his arms around mino’s neck, locking him from stepping away to explain himself.

it felt like forever before they broke apart. taehyun’s small mouth now a swollen pair of cherry lips, slightly apart, huffing short breath, ‘what was that leader-ssi?’

for the first time mino’s not angry at the name calling because he’s too shock to develop any other kind of emotions. all he wanted to do was just to explain himself but the only thing he could say was, ‘i-i don’t know either. i’m so sorry taehyun-ah.’ and he fled.

-

he knew he’s a coward. running away from his own mistake but he was too shocked to even think properly. the only proper thing he knew then was to get outta there, far far away from taehyun. he burst in their dorm without greeting any of the members and rushed straight to his room.

the other three waited for a few more minutes to see if taehyun’s right behind but the door didn’t open. they exchanged confused looks among themselves, ‘did we made a mistake making them work things out alone?’ seungyoon whispered carefully.

‘it got even worst don’t you think hyung?’ seunghoon looked at jinwoo who looked at them with wide eyes.

15 minutes later, the front door finally opened to reveal a sadly confused nam taehyun. all his hyungs rushed towards him to check if his hurt or anything. they’ve been analysing the situation for the past 15 minutes. one of the thing they thought happened was that these two hit each other and since mino is naturally bigger and stronger than taehyun, he punched the kid hard on the face and left him lying around in a back alley nearby.

‘hyung, i’m fine. don’t worry ok. i’m just gonna get to bed.’ taehyun gave them a small smile and slowly made his way back to his room. he thank god that he’s not sharing a room with anyone, coz he really really needs to be alone now.

-

tossing and turning for 3 hours but he still couldn’t sleep. he tried to rationalize the situation as of why mino would just ran away after what he did. it’s stupid really because in a short time, taehyun had developed a certain fondness towards him. he didn’t know how either but he felt weird sometimes when he’s around mino. the only reason he stormed out after being pointed out by mino in practice room was just because it hurt to have someone you sort of crushing on being harsh towards you. it’s stupid at first but after mino came on him a few hours ago, he realized that it’s not that stupid.

that he’s not in this alone. taehyun got out of bed and padded his way along the dark hallway to mino’s room. he knocked three times and despite not getting any permission, he turned the door knob open and went in.

‘hi hyung. i know you’re not asleep yet.’ he heard rustling and then saw mino’s cellphone lit up illuminating his face.
‘taehyun-ah, i’m so sorry. i didn’t mean to run away and-‘

‘stop explaining yourself hyung. just, did you mean it or not?’ taehyun walked closer towards the bed where mino shifted to sit up properly.

silence surrounded them as they kept on staring at each other waiting for someone to say something again. mino didn’t seem like he knows the answer to the question or he actually does but unsure of whether it’d be wise to answer taehyun honestly.

he heard taehyun sighed before the maknae settled himself at the edge of his single bed. ‘you’re not gonna answer me? why? am i not deserving of your answer leader-ssi?’ mino flinched when he heard taehyun using ‘leader’ instead of calling him hyung like he just did a couple minutes ago.

‘i told you not to call me that.’ mino said softly in a warning tone.

‘oh! did you just talk? what did you say? i couldn’t hear you over- hmph!’ mino just couldn’t take anymore of the maknae’s sarcastic remark so he decided to shut him up and answer his question with a kiss.

secretly, he just got addicted of those small cherry lips. been thinking about it the whole night too.

when they pulled apart, taehyun held mino’s face between his palms and stared deep in the leader’s eyes. ‘is that your answer then?’ no respond. ‘not answering again?’ still no respond. ‘fine then, i’ll take it as a yes?’ song mino opened his mouth to speak but no sound came out. he looked so funny that taehyun couldn’t help but chuckled softly. ‘so, i’m guessing you wouldn’t mind if i do this.’

taehyun leaned closer and started to kiss mino deeply, tilting his head to the side for better access of the leader’s mouth. he pulled apart only a tad bit, noses brushing but his eyes searching in mino’s orbs, checking if it’s okay for him to continue on. when he saw mino’s gaze fell on his lips, he smirked and closed the gap again.

this time, he moved his body to press closer to mino, who then wrapped his arms around taehyun’s slender waist, taking control of the situation he practically pulled the boy up to sit on his lap. they tried to find their rhythm slowly; soft whimpers could be heard surrounding the dark room. the innocent kiss became , wet, sloppy, desperate and opened-mouth.

suddenly mino stopped and he pushed taehyun backwards a little so they are face to face.

‘wait, wait nam taehyun. just wait.’

taehyun stared at him, waiting as he’s told to. while mino gathered his thoughts, taehyun was getting all comfortable in his lap and unconsciously tracing circles at the back of his neck. mino was studying taehyun’s face who wasn’t looking at him at the moment, eyes tracing mino’s bare body from shoulder to shoulder, bones to bones, nub to nub.

in that silent moment, mino felt surprisingly very comfortable having taehyun seated in his lap, sharing body heat in the middle of the night, the feeling of taehyun’s thumb gently caressing him, the fact that nam taehyun is openly vulnerable for him to devour now was making him a little heady.

‘hyung…’ taehyun pulled his earlobe lightly to get his attention. when mino looked up, he saw that taehyun was pouting cutely. only then he realized how messed up the boy were, hair all over like a bird’s nest, lips swollen and red, his oversized tank top all askewed revealing more of that smooth milky white skin.

mino sighed, shoulders dropped and for the first time in a long time he knew. he knew that he had fallen, deeply, deeply in the presence of one nam taehyun.

‘tch…i’m leaving then.’ he felt taehyun moved to get up but quickly he locked his arms around the boy’s waist, securing him in his lap.

‘i’m sorry. i was basking…’ mino smiled a little at taehyun’s tilted head as if asking basking in what? 

‘in you and your perfection. i don’t ever think there’s anyone that could pull off that 5:5 hair parting like you.’ he earned a smack at the back of his head where taehyun still had his hand wrapped.

‘what did i tell you about the hair? you never learn do you?’ mino smile widely and laughed softly before leaning forward to press their foreheads together.

‘so, what happens now?’

‘i don’t know. you tell me leader-ssi.’ taehyun teased and shyly rubbed his nose with mino to let him know that he’s only joking about the name calling.

‘well, i don’t know how or why this happened but what i do know is that i like kissing you and i like having you all clingy to me like this and…i think i’m stupid if i don’t, if i let go of you. what do you think?’

‘hmmm…i’m thinking…i wanna make out to you right now.’ mino snapped his head up and taehyun broke into that adorable smile that made him look so young and innocent. they both stared at each other, broke into a hearty laugh and as if they’ve been doing it for a long time, started to get comfortable on the bed and did exactly what taehyun wanted all through the night.