Final.

Go To You.

 

“I’m going out!” Seul Mi shouted, putting her shoes on.

 

It was his first death anniversary today, Minho didn’t mind since he knew how much  Jonghyun meant to her.  Jonghyun died in his sleep no one knew how it was even possible, he was in good shape and always took care of himself.  Minho snuck up from behind wrapping his arms around his lovely wife’s waist, as his breath travelled down her spine.

 

“Be safe okay babe?” Parting from the hug she turned to face him and smiled, closing the door behind her.

 

It was snowing outside, but it wasn’t bad, Seul Mi got into her car and warmed it up for a bit before taking off to the cemetery. Seul Mi’s chest was in pain just thinking about him, tears helplessly streamed down her face as she drove. When she arrived she dried her eyes and took a couple of deep breathes before leaving the vehicle.

 

She remembered exactly where he was buried, under the big old oak tree. Seul Mi was the one who suggested it since she knew how much he loved the shade. Jonghyun and Seul Mi met in high school, she could never forget the way they became friends. Jonghyun had the biggest crush on one of her friends the first week of high school, and she was the first one to know and help him out even though it ended badly.  

 

 Seul Mi could always turn to Jonghyun for anything, she turned to Jonghyun more than she turned to Minho, they didn’t attend the same high school for one reason, second was that Minho didn’t know what to say to comfort her unlike Jonghyun.

 

Finally arriving at his grave, she knelt down wiping his tombstone.

 

“Jonghyun, it’s been a year since you’ve passed away. How have you been? Did you miss me, old friend? ” Seul Mi whispered. “Oh that’s right I have a gift for you.”

 

Reaching into her bag and placing a framed picture in front of the tomb. It was a picture of Jonghyun and Seul Mi a week before he passed away. The photo was them at a party crying in each other's arms.

 

“Remember that night? You and I drank too much and we just started crying promising that we’d be friends forever?” Swiping fingertips against the frame where his face was.  

 

 She stared at the photo and smiled. "Jonghyun there hasn’t been a day where I haven’t thought about you…” Seul Mi’s eyes were becoming all blurred from her tears, still managing to hold them back.

 

“I miss you alot Jonghyun… It hurts to know that you’re not here anymore.” Her lips quivered. “I wish I still had someone to talk to at three in the morning to rant about how stupid Minho is sometimes you know? I wished I still had someone’s shoulder to cry on, and it’s hard to find that someone when I know they can’t compare to you!” Seul Mi dropped to her knees letting her tears stream down her face once again.

 

 Jonghyun’s name was only thing that she was able to escape from her lips, she continued to just his name over and over punching the snow. Seul Mi didn’t care about the snow soaking up her pants or that the fact her fingers were turning red because of the cold. The only thing on her mind was Jonghyun and how badly she wished to see him again, to touch him, run her hand through his light golden blond hair, to contact once more with his beautiful brown eyes.

 

The cold winds blew against her cheeks, making her freeze more. The tears didn’t seem to stop.

 

“Hey, you’re going to get sick if you stay like that. Seul Mi.”

 

Seul Mi stopped. That voice, she knew that voice, the voice that made her heart skip a beat every time it called her name. Building up her strength, she got back up on her feet. Seul Mi wanted to turn around, but was afraid that it was just her head playing tricks with her.

 

“Seul Mi.”

 

“DON’T PLAY TRICKS WITH ME!” She screamed, closing her eyes shut.

 

“But I’m not play tricking with you Seul Mi.”

 

Suddenly a rush of warmth touched her shoulder, Seul Mi slowly turned around and her eyes widened. She couldn’t believe her eyes. There he was standing in front of greeting her with a warm smile.

 

“Is that really you…?”

 

Seul Mi extended her hand out to cup his cheek, but hesitated and pulled away. Jonghyun pulled her hand back and placed her hand on his cheek nuzzling it in his warmth.

 

“It really is you!” She cried wrapping her arms around him, as he tightened the hug. “I miss you Jonghyun…”

 

“I miss you too.” Jonghyun whispered as he parted from the hug. Jonghyun look Seul Mi’s puffy face.

 

“Yah! Don’t cry too much your face will get all swollen!” He scolded Seul Mi pinching her cheeks, hoping that she would cheer up.

 

It only made her cry even harder, he frowned as he let go. Jonghyun knew how much pain he put through Seul Mi, because of his death, Jonghyun didn’t like seeing his dearest friend cry it breaks his heart seeing her cry so hopelessly. Jonghyun as well had feelings for Seul Mi, but she was with Minho who he happened to be really close with as well, Jonghyun was also aware that Seul Mi had feelings for him, he wanted to be greedy and keep her to himself, but he knew that it wouldn’t be right.

 

“Seul Mi…” Jonghyun whispered pulled her close as he pressed forehead against hers. “I’m sorry for putting you through all this pain, I really wish I could make it stop.”

 

Jonghyun lifted Seul Mi’s chin up to face him, as with his other hand wiped her tears away. “Please don’t cry anymore, for me?” He pouted.

 

 “I’m sorry, I’ll stop now.” Her voice croaked.

 

“Can you promise me something Seul Mi?”

 

“Anything.”

 

“Promise me you will live a long and happy life.”

 

“Of course… I have a loving husband waiting for me at home.”

 

“Promise?”

 

Jonghyun stuck his pinky out towards her, sealing the deal.

 

“Promise.” Seul Mi replied, locking her pinky with his.

 

Jonghyun looked up at the sky, now seeing that, the sun was beginning to set. It was time to go.

 

“I have to go…” He blurted out getting Seul Mi’s attention.

 

“No! Please don’t leave me again Jonghyun.”

 

“Seul Mi… I wished we did not have to part like this. But you know what? Doesn't mean this is the end. Maybe not now, but someday in the future, you and I will be reunited and be able to experience the love we never had, and…and I will be able to fall in love with you again.”  

 

He paused, taking one last look at Seul Mi’s beauty.

 

“Sorry Minho, I think it’s my turn to be greedy.”

 

“Huh?”

 

Catching Seul Mi off guard, Jonghyun crashed his lips onto hers, he wrapped Seul Mi’s arms around his neck strengthening the kiss. When Seul Mi opened her eyes, he was gone just like that.

 

“He loved me?” Falling back to her knees in front of his grave. “Pabo!”

 

***

“Seul Mi?” Minho called out, making his way down the stairs to find his wife soaking wet.

 

“What happened to you? He gasped, wrapping his robe around her and pulling her into a secure hug. “Are you okay?”

 

“I’m okay.”

 

“Okay that’s good!” Gently her hair.

 

“How was the visit?”

 

“It was… A serious weight lift off my shoulders.” Nuzzling herself into her husband arms.

 

“That’s good, now why don’t we head upstairs and get you some dry clothes.”

 

As the two headed up the stairs, Seul Mi smiled to herself remembering the last words that Jonghyun said to her.

 

 Yes Jonghyun, let’s meet again soon.

***

 
Please comment & tell what you thought about the story.