Two

Best Friends Again

The next few days were the same. Chen stayed beside her all day and night. He always placed her favourite pink roses on the table beside her bed and sat beside her. He wouldn't even budge unless he had to answer nature's call. He refused to eat as well. He would then play with her fingers while he told her stories of what they used to do.

"Baby? Do you remember when I asked you to be mine? When you teased me and said that I'm terrible in dancing?" Chen asked her and chuckled, even though he wasn't really laughing. 

EXO patted his back as an encouragement and even refused to go for any schedule as well because they were not as a whole. Jongdae was suffering and it was only right for them to stay beside him.

"Jongdae-ah, go home and get some sleep. We will take care of her. We will call you if she wakes up. You wouldn't want her to see you in this state. Take care of yourself and sleep, your dark-eye circles are so obvious," Baekhyun commented.

The said boy reluctantly stood up and nodded. But before heading back to their dorm with a few EXO Members and their manager, he placed a kiss on her lips and whispered "I love you. Wake up soon." 

 


 

He entered his room and was welcomed by a wall filled with their pictures together. He took one in between his fingers and observed how the both of them looked happy. Both their eyes were barely seen as they showed their eye-smile to the camera. Chen had his arm around her shoulder with the other making a cute little V.

"Wake up soon Baby, I miss you so much." He whispered before putting the picture back to where he took it from.  

It was taken on their first date, after spending the day in Lotte World. They rode rollercoasters together and even went to the Haunted House because Jongdae bugged her.

"We'll go to Lotte World together soon, right? I remember your pale face after going inside the haunted house and you swore to never go back inside there in your life," Chen bitterly said as he looked at the ceiling of his room, reminiscing the memories the two of them had together.

 


 

It has been a couple of months since the investigation started. Yna has yet to wake up too.

The EXO members have convinced him to go for schedules with them. But Jongdae's mind was elsewhere when they were performing. He had his steps wrong, sometimes even his lyrics. In their most recent performance, Jongdae had collapsed from fatigue. Everyone was stunned as to what had happened, the music stopped almost immediately before Kris picked him up and carried him out of the stage.

"I'm really sorry for whatever happened. It's just that Jongdae has been suffering a lot lately," Lay informed the fans.

A lot of murmurings could be heard from the crowd before they started chanting, "kwenchanah" back to the members.  

 


 

The investigations were half done on that day and on the way to the hospital, Minseok's phone rang loudly, disturbing the silence in the car.

"Kim Minseok-ssi?" A low husky voice asked over the phone.

"Neh, speaking."

"I am the head for the investigations for the accident that happened in Myeongdong. I just wanted to keep you updated about it. We recently took the footage from the CCTVs in the area and we have found the license plate of the car. We are now tracking it." The man continued.

"Thank you very much Sir," Minseok thanked the man and smiled to himself as he hung up. 

"Who was that, Seok?" Luhan questioned.

"He is the head of the investigations team. Remember how the car just drove off after what happened? They got the license plate and are now tracking it." Minseok explained carefully and slowly to everyone in EXO.

"I'll call Yna's parents, one of you call the girls and update them," Baekhyun offered.  

 


 

Jongdae was taken to the hospital by the managers with the girls rushing there as well. He flinched on the bed when he found himself in a very unfamiliar room. He sat up right and found everyone gathered around him. The white walls and the IV drip attached to his arm gave him a clue that he was in the hospital.

“You’re awake,” Lay said as he walked over to the bed.

“What happened, hyung?” Chen asked, confused as to why he is in the hospital too.

“Well Mister, you collapsed while we were performing. Yna will be very disappointed in you if she found out how you’re treating yourself. Take care of yourself from now on, if not I won’t let you visit her. You understand?” Kris threatened as he shook his head.

"We understand that you love her, hyung. But don't forget that you're not the only one suffering and the only one hurt about her situation," Tao spoke all of a sudden.

"She is like a little sister to most of us, and I'm sure you know that," Jongin added. 

"A great Unnie too," Eluna commented. 

"Someone needs to record this down, we're always teasing her and this is the first time we actually ever complimented her," Hyomin joked to lighten the atmosphere. 

Jongdae quietly nods before lying back down on the bed. That was when he realised that he must take good care of himself. He whispered, “Baby, why do you keep us waiting? Wake up soon. I really miss you,” and fell asleep after that. 

 


 

Second chapter is finally up.

Third one will be up soon.

Comments please!

 

xx