Мы всегда будем идти вперед.

We will always go forward.

When I asked him what is he doing here alone, he only sighed and closed his eyes. Then I sighed after him and added to my previous words a couple of new. I asked on this time, what the hell he was doing in the middle of a deserted street alone in the pouring rain in the late evening.


He replied that he doesn't have an umbrella.

Then I frowned and asked why he didn’t go home?

He removed his wet bangs from his forehead and calmly replied that he hadn't has home.

I looked around and waved hand, which has become a little wet due to rain.  A wave of bumps has passed through my body. Hey, boy, look around, how many houses is here!

“ So, and none of those houses is yours?”

“Yes.”

“ But why?”

“They are empty.”

“And what?”

“My house wasn't empty.”

I shuddered.  To stand in one place was cold. Shifting from foot to foot, I listened to him very carefully. And he with sadness on face has told me that imperceptibly he missed the moment when the houses around become empty. Unnoticed he missed the moment when his house became cold.

 

“But... why are you here?” Suddenly he looked in my eyes, and then I felt myself a little embarrassed from this. He has a very big brown eyes. A very big and a very beautiful. I had unwittingly taken aback and couldn't immediately answer him.

“What? I... I just go wherever I want.”

“Wherever you want?”

“Yes”

I've said it already ... but I'll say it again. His eyes is so wonderful. Wonderful and, probably, a little sad... I think. I have never before seen such.

Suddenly I thought that I wanted to share my umbrella with him.

 

“Are you afraid?” He asked.

“Hmm..”

“Being alone.”  He repeated. “Are you afraid?”

“I should?”

 

He shrugged his shoulders.

“I don’t know.” He answered. “But as for me I really afraid of being lonely.”

Now I shrugged and sighed.

“I'm used to be alone.” I said. “And I think it will forever. Oh, yes. Forever.”

 

Probably I had to say "I thought..."

No.

No. No. No.

 

He looked at me again. And again in my chest something has jumped. I didn't know what it was, but it was so warm. Why? Why it happening? I didn't wanted to think about it.

I wanted to do other thing.

I stepped forward and held out his my umbrella. And then I said words which i will never forget. Never.

 

 “I know where they went.”

“Really? You know?”

“Really…” I sighed. “I know. Trust me, boy.”

 

He smiled. He smiled for the first time for our conversation. Albeit quite short. But  something inside me turned upside down. Something tickled. This is weird.

Don't smile so please. Otherwise, I'll take my umbrella and will go away. I'm not kidding. Seriously. You smile makes me shy.

“Can you lead me?”

I stood on tiptoe. He was somehow too tall. I don't like it.  It's uncomfortable. Uncomfortable to hold an umbrella. I snorted. Then he grabbed my hand, taking the handle of umbrella in his hand. The sleeves of his jackets  were cold and wet. But his hand was warm and soft.

I agree. You can carry my umbrella.

 

“My name is Chanyeol by the way.” He said.

 I nodded.

“My name is Baekhyun. And, yes, it's not hard to me. I'll lead you.”

 

He smiled again.

Damn. I told you not to do it!... in my mind. Damn.

 

I don't know how it was long. I didn't count.

But I don't want to hide the fact that I really liked it. I definitely liked to go under umbrella, that I bought at the yard sale once in a time when everything in the world was still in place, side by side with someone.

I wasn't being with someone for a long time.

And it's wrong. People cannot be for a long time without someone. Absolutely without someone.  No, they can't.  No matter how much I tried to convince myself in this.

Being alone is the most terrible thing in this world.

 

He was talking a lot. Even too a lot. But I never tired of listening him. I really liked his voice. His voice is so wonderful.  Really wonderful. Maybe I would like to have a same ... probably. But stop.  No, I would not.   Be better to only he will have this voice.. Another such is impossible. The other is not appropriate.

Though I don't remember the other people's voices.

 

Rain was coming all this time. And the highway was full in pools. We had dried his clothes. In one of the houses. And, yes, he didn't even sneeze.

 

Earth is empty.

People leaving their old hometowns.

People trying to stick together.

 

And I try to stay away from people.

 

The rain doesn't stop pouring.

Sun is now rarely seen.

 

He often asked me to take rest. And then had to find a place to sleep. I can't close my eyes at night.

And for some reason he was hugging me while sleeping very soundly.

He was talking about himself a very lot. I was shy because i really don't know what i could told him about myself.

He was smilling. I liked it. Damn.

 

When we finally had found this place, where brought together the remaining, last  people, he takes off and scoots forward even seem by knocking down someone.

But then he suddenly turned around and for some reason looked at me apologetically. His shirt was wet. Hey, fool, why are you looking at me? I did everything, I did my job. I promised lead you. And I did it.  Well, what are you waiting for? There's your house, all people there. I won't go further.  Because it’s not my place.

I am a stranger. Without home.

“If you don't hurry, then you again will be a sopping, fool!” I laughed.

He frowned.

“What about you?” He asked.

“About me?”

“Yes.  Aren't you coming...with me?”

I laughed again. But only this time my  laugh was a little sad.

“ Sorry. But I can’t.” I said.

“ But where are you going?”

I squeezed the handle of my umbrella.

“Forward.”

He pursed his lips. Well, don't do so, it is much worse than your smile. Come on, smile! I like when you smile. Do it for me. I want to see your smile for the last time. And then you can go to your people. Please, go wherever you want to go.

And he smiled. And I, seeing this, for some reason,  nodded.  Maybe in gratitude. Either way I say goodbye. I don't know. But one second later I turned back, and took a step away. I will go forward, as I promised.

And a few seconds later he caught up with me and grabbed in my hands a wooden handle. In response to my surprise and totally bewildered eyes, he just smiled and patted my hair.

And do you know what he said to me?

 

He said that I have very wonderful eyes too.

And else he liked my umbrella.

 

[END]