My side of the grass is green

When you are troubled- Sunggyu

"Why is the grass always greener on the other side" you asked Sunggyu suddenly, as you and him were sitting comforably on the couch. 

Sunggyu frowned and raised an eyebrow, and looked at you questionably, and with concern.  "What do you mean babe?" he asked, as he sccoted closer and pulled you closer. 

You shook your head and sighed. "Nothing, I was just thinking." you replied him curtly. This caused him to frown even more and you knew that he was probably worried and wouldn't just leave it as it was. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked looking into your eyes, trying to search them for the emotion you were feeling.

"Talk about what?" 

"I don't know," he shrugged  "what's bothering you maybe?" he cautiously said

You shook your head and turned away. It was days like this when you needed your own space, and just didn't feel like talking. It's not that you didn't trust Sunggyu enough to confide in him. It just seemed like it wasn't really much of a big deal, it wasn't even much of a problem really and yet he was so sure something was wrong. You yourself didn't even know what was wrong really, how could you even explain to him about something that didn't even exist. You just weren't able to find the right words and put what you were feeling at that moment into words. 

Howevver Sunggyu was probably not that happy about it and was sulking since he didn't know what was wrong and he couldn't be of much help. You were his girlfriend after all, if you couldn't tell him your problems, who else could you tell. He could read you like an open book and knew something was not right from the beginning of the day. Plus the question you aske him definitely was something that gave it away. As much as he wanted to understand you, he simply couldn't quite place it right, and you weren't helping him by keeping quiet.

Sunggyu got up to make coffee for the both of you. At least he knew coffee would take your mind off things for awhile. When he got back to the couch, you were still staring into space emotionlessly and that slightly scared Sunggyu.

"Here" he said as he handled you the cup slowly.

You snapped out of your daze and accepted it nodding to acknowledge him. However, your face still showed no change of emotion and you were as dead and lifeless as before. You barely took a few sips before you went back to staring faraway. You were unaware that Sunggyu was watching you helplessly, staring at you and desperately thinking of what he could do to make you feel better.

At the corner of the room was his guitar left untouched for almost two weeks as he had been pretty busy. Feeling bored as you didn't really respond to him, he walked over and brought it to the couch. He randomly strummed a few chords, and hummed softly to himself. It was a long time since he had played and he kinda missed it. Although he wasn't really that good at it yet, he could still manage the basic chords and could sing along to it.

Slowly, you began to turn and face Sunggyu, as you heard him sing softly. It was a nice tune and as always his voice was really soothing.

"Today I'm laughing the clouds away, I hear what the flowers say, and drink every drop of rain

And I see places that I have been in ways that I've never seen, my side of the grass is green.

 

At that very moment, he turned and locked eyes with you, you gave him a slight smile and beckoned him to continue. 

 

"If this is love, then love is easy, it's the easiest thing to do,"

"If this is love, then love completes me cause it feels like I've been missing you"

"A simple equation with no complication to leave you confused, if this is love, love, love ooh, it's the easiest thing to do."

 

Surprisingly, you felt better, it seemed like he answered your question. It wasn't that the grass was greener on the other side, it was only you making it feel that way. He was right your side of the grass was green, you had so many things that you could be grateful for, so many things you had that you overlooked, most importantly you had someone there for you all the time.

"Sunggyu," you called interrupting him singing.

"Hm?" he paused and asked.

"It's true, my side of the grass is green." you smiled, feeling all better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

finally wrote something after so long. today has been a bad day and i just neeed to write something. hope you like it.