Friend

Only You: Sequel of Guardian Soul

I lived my life peacefully, until you came back. You may not be here physically, but that’s not important…Or maybe it is. I just could not accept the fact that you’re gone. I want you back…I want you to be here again. I want you to take care of me like what you did before. I want to bring those back…But I guess it’s impossible.

 

“Earth to Lee Minhee!” Sungjong suddenly threw a range…Well not really. He just shook me like there’s no tomorrow. “Minhee-ah! You’re dozing off again!” he furrowed his eyebrows

 

“I was not. I was just thinking about something” I backfired

 

He rolled his eyes and said “Don’t tell me you’re missing them” he nodded at my ‘old’ friends, which were Suzuki and the others “because they’re definitely not your friends. Their a group of ”

 

I glared at Sungjong “I was one of them, Sungjong. You call them then you call me a ”

 

Sungjong crossed his arms “All of us know you’re different Minhee. You changed because the drugs of being crazy didn’t affect you yet”

 

I became furious with his ords. His words pained me. Was he telling these kind of words to me while I was still with them? Or behind my back?  “If you have no better things to say then just get out of my life” I snarled

 

“You came into my life! I didn’t come to yours, Minhee! You begged me, I didn’t beg you! You have no rights to tell me that!” Sungjong backfired

 

He was right…I did beg him. I was desperate. I begged him to change me, and so he did. He was patient. His friends didn’t like me because of my attitude but he protected me..like he did... I felt safe with him like I was with him.

 

I bowed my head down, too afraid to look at him. I know he’s furious. I could not blame him because I still have this y attitude.

 

Sungjong forced me to look at him. I was expecting a furious Sungjong, but instead his face was soft. “I promised him that once I see you, I will protect you like how he did. I will never give up on you Lee Minhee. I’m staying with you not because of my promise, but I’m staying because I care. No one forced me into this. This is my decision”

 

“You don’t have to stay” I whispered. “I can never change this attitude”

 

Sungjong gave me a smile “I know you can. You just have to wait and be patient”

 

This is Sungjong…Myungsoo’s friend and the trusted one. When I found out that he was one of Myungsoo’s friends, I looked for him all over the school. I asked him questions. And fortunately, he is Myungsoo’s trusted one. Myungsoo told everything about us. And he told Sungjong to protect me once he is gone…