Flipping a coin and Stealing Luggage

Heads Or Tails

 

Holding Jonghyun’s hand I let out a deep breath, maybe this is what Sang Hee was talking about, flipping the coin until you don’t have to, to feel the completeness…

 

“You know Jessica one day I’m going to get out of this place.” Sang Hee Says softly. “I can’t stand it here.”

“Sangie, you don’t mean that. I mean where would you go? I mean college is only a couple months away.”

“Jessica…I can’t go.”

“You can’t go to Brown?” Staring at her I see it that trapped look. “You worked your off to get in.”

“This is why it’s OK that I’m the one choosing not to go.” She says sighing. “My parents are going to blow a fuse when they hear it.”

“Have they sent tuition?”

“No, they still want me to go to Berkeley.”She says rolling her eyes. “Jessica you know that thing I do?”

Scoffing I nod my head. “Flipping a coin.”

“Yeah…I think I’m close to getting free.”

“Or broke.” I murmur. “Sangie you’re my best friend, you know that I came about you more than anyone, but I mean is slipping away from everything really the answer.”

“For now.” She says simply.

 

And that was one of the last times we spent alone, the rest of the time her parents were trying to convince her to go to college in general, all our friends thought she was going away to Brown in the fall, while I knew better. Sang Hee got on a plane and escaped to wherever it was she decided on.

 

“Something the matter?” Taemin asks me.

Looking over at him I shake my head. “No, just you know thinking.” Jonghyun squeezes my hand comfortingly, letting me know he’ll be there for me.

“What about?” Key asks sitting down with us in the living room.

It’s crazy to think that Jonghyun and I have come out as a couple, at least to SHINee, for a few months now, that I’ve moved into my own place, I work part-time at Cube Entertainment, despite Jonghyun’s urging me to apply at SMe.  “Sangie.”

“Sangie?” Onew says confused. “Sang Hee?”

Nodding my head I let out a sigh. “Anyways what’s the plan for dinner?” I ask them resting my head on Jonghyun’s shoulder.

“Pizza or Kimchi.” Key says smoothly. “That’s what we’ve narrowed it down to.

“Flip it.” Taemin says carelessly. “Jessica?”

Nodding my head I pull out my quarter, I only ever use it for these meals with the guys, I’ve taken my choices into own hands, although I do miss the thrill of flipping it and watching it flip up in the air before tumbling back to the ground with its verdict.

“Heads.” I say looking around. “Kimchi. Tails pizza.” I announce tossing it up. Seeing it flip up in the air I sort of feel like a part of my has given up on Sang Hee’s way of life that effortless flip, I use it for something so much less then Sangie did.

“Tails it is.” I tell them as it clatters. “Pizza tonight.”

The boys all nod approvingly. “Jessica picks it up!” Taemin cheers happily. “I’ll go!”

“Me too!” Minho cheers happily pulling me up. “Let’s go!”

Chuckling I look back at the other three. “You ordered already?”

“No, but I’ll send it in, it should be ready by the time you get there.” Key says grabbing the landline.

For a brief moment Jonghyun and I both smile at each other, like we both know this is all thanks to a flip of a coin, my bad directional skills, and most of all to him stealing my bag shortly after meeting me.



 

Alright I know this is short, and a quick cut to the end but I just couldn't think of anything anymore. Coupled with the fact I'm not writing as much anymore, I'm busy, and I'm finding my days passing quickly. So I'm sorry for me cutting this short.

Comment and Subscribe!!!