1

Goodbye First Love

It was just another Monday morning in Seoul. The weather was extremely cold that even dogs had to use sweaters. You were in your apartment kitchen making breakfast. You looked out the window and saw two kids playing under the rain. You felt something your feet. You looked down and saw your dog, Dangle, sniffing for food. You giggled and fed him a piece of bacon. You placed the food on the dining table and sat down as you took out your phone. You saw no texts yet again. You sighed and placed your phone away.

"Why does he never reply my texts?" you asked Dangle as he sniffs your fingers. "I'm not trying to be an annoying girlfriend, I'm just worried." you said.

Kai has been acting weird. Ever since he moved to a new college. Everytime when you call him and ask to see him, he always says that he has a project with one of his friends and it needs to be completed at once. And everytime when he's free, you would ask him out and he would say that he had plans with his friends.  When he goes out, you would feel down and just go to a club and get wasted. And tonight was the night.

You were wearing your shorts with a loose black t-shirt. You walked into a club and sat at the bar. You ordered three bottles of soju and sat alone in a private booth. You poured some soju into the cup. You looked at your phone and saw your picture of you and Kai at a kids birthday party kissing each other with whip cream. 

You started to tear up and threw your phone to the ground. You instantly drank the soju and drank more and more and more of it. Your vision started to dance around you and you started talking weirdly. 

"Why is he never here?" you groaned, drunkenly.

As for Kai, he was just sitting in a restaurant and having dinner with a 'friend'.

"Oppa, are you okay? You look worried." the girl asked. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just have a feeling that something's not right." he replied. 

She grabbed his hand and smiled at him softly. He smiled back and kissed her hand. She blushed and giggled lightly.

"Let's get out of here." he said and grabbed both of her hands.

"Oppa, where are we going?" she asked.

"We're going to your place. All I wanna do is cuddle with you and kiss you." he said.

"You can't go to my place. My parents are staying there." she replied.

"Oh, then we can go to a hotel." he said, "Would that be okay with you?" he asked and stared passionately into her eyes.

"How about your place?" she asked. He looked at her and blinked. "Oppa? How bout your place?" she asked, "I've never been there and I wanna see where my oppa is staying." she said.

"Er... you don't wanna go. Their full of rats." he said.

"Your sweating. Oppa, I'm not stupid,okay. Are you lying to me?" she asked.

"No. I just don't want my jagi to become sick." he lied.

"Oppa.." she groaned, "Please~" she said.

"Fine... But you can only stay for 10 minutes." he said.

"Wae?~" she whined.

"The er... rats usually comeout around that time." he said.

"Oh. Okay than. Shall we go now?" she asked.

"Sure." he said. He stood up and offered his hand to her. She took it and they walked hand in hand to his car.

---

It was nearly one in the morning when Kai got a call from an unknown person.

"Yeobeosayeo?" he answered as he tiredly scratched his head.

"Is this Kim Jongin?" someone asked from the other line.

"Yeah." he replied.

"Er, your girlfriend is here again. She passed out behind a booth." the person said.

"Yeah, so?" Kai asked.

"Aren't you gonna come and take her?" the person asked.

"Nope. She goes drinking like every night. Just bring her to a hotel or something." he said.

"Why aren't you taking her?"

"It's none of your business." he replied and hung up. He heaved a sigh and went back to sleep, hugging the figure next to him.

At the bar, the manager was closing up you were singing a song on a bench because you were drunk. The manager sighed and sat next to you, "Ma'am, are you sure you know your way back?" the man asked.

"What? You silly boy, Kai oppa will pick me up. I know so." you said and rubbed his bald head. "How do you get this bald head to be so... smooth?" you asked and chuckled. "Can I draw on it?" you asked again.

He grabbed your hand and placed it on your lap, "Don't you wanna sleep in a hotel or something?" he asked.

"No!" you cried, "Kai will come. I know so..." you said.

"How do you know so?" he asked.

"Because I'm his first love. And the first lover that you were wih always stays in your heart." you said. You put your head near a tree and puked there.

"Okay, I'm getting you to a hotel." he said.

"No! I'm staying here! You can go, ahjusshi." you said and laid down on the bench while closing your eyes.

"Are you sure you wanna wait for him? It's one in the morning." he said.

"I'll always wait for him." you said and opened your eyes that are filled with tears. "Please go away now." you said.

"Okay." he said defeatedly and walked away leaving you there alone.

You closed your eyes again and a tear escaped your eye. You sighed and wiped it away as you sat down and opened your eyes. You stood up and fell a little but got back on your feet. You took your purse and walked away from the bar.

You were now waiting by the road to see if there was any cars passing by. Turns out, there wasn't any car. You sighed and put your head down as you walked across the road. You heard a loud honk and turned your head to see a truck. It came at you and you were scared and stood there like a frozen statue. Then, blackness and darkness crawled into your mind.

The truck driver got out of his truck and ran towards you. Blood spilled everywhere, "Omo! Miss, can you hear me? Don't worry, I'll call the ambulance." he said and dug out his phone. He quickly dialed the number.

A few minutes later, the ambulance came and checked her breathing.

"She's still breathing." one of the paramedics said.

"She'll be fine, right?" the truck driver asked.

"Well," the paramedic said, "her injuries might be fatal."

Another paramedic gasped in panic, "Sir, she's loosing blood. We have to get her to the hospital immediately." 

The head paramedic nodded his head then looked back at the truck driver, "We'll need you to follow us." 

"Okay." he said and followed the paramedics while twisting his cap in his hands nervously.

They brought you in the hospital, zooming through the hallways. You were brought into a surgery room and gave you something so you wouldn't feel any pain.

A few minutes later, Kai was just about to go downstairs to get a glass of water when his phone rang. He groaned and answered it.

"Is this Kim Jongin-ssi?" the female voice on the other end asked.

"Yes? Is there any problem?" he asked tiredly.

"I am calling from Seoul National University Hospital informing you that Park _________ssi is in the hospital."

"What?..." Kai said speechless.

"We need you to come in immediately and sign a few papers." the lady said.

"How did she get in an accident?" Kai asked as he panicked.

"That is for the police to tell you." the lady said.

"You mean someone tried to kill her?!" Kai yelled. He glanced back at the figure on his bed and saw her fast asleep.

"Please come immediately. Park ________-ssi is about to finish surgery." she said and hung up.

Kai quickly grabbed his coat, phone, wallet and keys and left the house. He ran to the car which was parked at a nearby cafe. He went in his car and opened the car compartment when something fell out. It was a gift you gave him on his birthday, a sketch of him sitting under a tree. He felt his heart being sunk by a big hole.

He heaved a sigh and turned the ignition and drove quickly to the hospital where you were at.

---

He arrived an hour later looking like he ran a marathon. He rushed over to the counter with a heavy heart. The nurse told him the room number and he instantly ran like a bullet to your room.

He arrived to your room and looked through the glass window. He saw your mother crying and your little sister helping you get comfortable. His eyes moved from them to your face. Your sleeping face. The innocent face that he fell for. He felt a pang in his heart and dropped to his knees as he clutched his chest.

"Kai oppa...?"

Kai looked up and saw your little sister looking at him, "Jangmi-ah..." he replied.

"What are you doing here? Are you here to see __________ unnie?" she asked.

"If you don't mind giving us some privacy.." he replied as he stood up and looked at Jangmi.

"Arraso. I'll ask umma to bring me to the cafeteria." she said and went back in. She talked to her mother and her mother nodded her head. They both left the room for Kai and you to have a private time.

Kai took your hands in his, "______________-ah, how are you?" he asked but there was no reply, "I know I've been a bad oppa to you ever since I got to a different university. I've been a bad lover and friend to you and I don't know how I can make it up to you. I swear if I could turn back time, I would." he sighed. "I guess the only thing I can do now is to let you go..." he said.

This is how its going to end. The break up. A sad ending. Why does he want to do this? Why is he doing this now? Did he pick her over me? You thought sadly.

"I don't want to hurt you anymore..." he said.

"Don't leave me..." you muttered.

Kai, surprised, looked at you as your eyes fluttered open. "_____________-ah, I don't want you to get hurt. Do you understand." he said.

"No. I don't." you said and tried sitting up but failed.

"Please don't. Don't do that.' he said.

"Don't do what." you said innocently.

"Don't make me pitty you." he said.

''No one asked you to pitty me!" you roared.

"I can't help myself." he answered back and sat on the chair with his face in his palms. "I just can't anymore..." he said.

"Then leave..." you said.

"I just came here to say-"

"I don't want to hear what you have to say. Just leave and don't come back. Ever." you said and looked away. He sighed and ruffled his own hair before he left. A tear made its way down your face. "Why can't you love me like before?" you asked yourself.

----

A feeling filled with regret and anger raged through Kai's body as he ran from his university to the hospital. He had to fake an illness and skipped his important lecturess. He even lied to his so-called girlfriend.

Kai ran into the hospital and instantly ran to a room which he dreaded the most yet was anxious to see. He ran inside and saw a doctor and nurses pumping air into your body. He looked at the side and saw your mother and sister breaking down. He looked at you again and saw that your eyes were open and saw that you were looking at him with softness in your eyes. You closed your and a tear escaped.

'He came! He came for me!' you thought and a smile crept up on your lips. You felt a warm hand on your and you opened your eyes again and saw Kai looking at you with tears in his eyes. He bend down and kissed your forehead.

He softly whispered 'I'm sorry's to you and you felt that warm feeling that came when you first met him by the lake in Busan.

'You can take me now... I'm happy again...' you thought as you closed your eyes and let the angels above take your body. Your body slowly became limp and Kai noticed this.

"__________________-ah...." he said, but you didn't move, "____________-ah! Please don't play with me!" he said and shook your shoulders but you still hadn't move.

A hand grabbed Kai's shoulder, "I'm sorry, son. But she's gone." the doctor said.

Kai dropeed to his knees and cried.

----

A few hours later, Kai was still at the hospital while your mother and sister were at home crying. The nurses gave Kai alone time with you.

He pulled down the white cloth and saw your pale face, "Bogi-ah...'' he whispered. "I am so sorry it had to be this way... I really do love you. I wanted to show my love towards you but failed. I'm so sorry. I really am. I hope they treat you well." he said and went down on his knees.

"Oppa..." he heard a faint sound. He turned around and saw you glowing like an angel looking so fragile yet powerful.

"__________-ah..."

"Hi~ Look at me, oppa!" you exclaimed, "I'm an angel." you said and bend down to meet his eye level.

"You are." he said.

"Oppa, can you promise me something?" you asked.

"Yes? Anything." he replied.

"Take care of Jangmi for me?" she asked.

"Of course. I will!" he exclaimed. "Please stay..." he said.

"I can't. You know I can't." you said.

"Please." he begged.

You kissed his forehead and he carressed your hair, "Goodbye first love..." he said and you left in a puff of white dusts.

SEQUEL??