A Misunderstanding

A Misunderstanding

Kyungsoo stares at Baekhyun who's comfortably sleeping on his bed.

"Fix your relationship.", Yixing says as he carries Baekhyun to Kyungsoo's room.

"What do you mean? Our relationship is perfectly fine. So Stop what you're doing right now. Don't bring him to my room! Yixing!", Kyungsoo half-shouts.

"SUHO HYUNG! HELP!", Kyungsoo screams.

 However, Suho just looks at them and shrugs his shoulders as if saying 'Just listen to Yixing, okay? I'm tired. I'll just be a leader again tomorrow.'

"Look. I don't really care what you think. All I know is Baekhyun thinks you hate him and he cried himself to sleep in my arms. Baekhyun's an important friend to me so fix whatever needs to be fixed. explain whatever needs to be explained so that I don't have to see my Baekkie cry anymore.", Yixing says in a tone that does not sound like the normal happy-go-lucky Yixing.

Kyungsoo stops trying to stop Yixing and  instead watches as Yixing places Baekhyun on his bed.

"What do you mean by 'Your Baekkie'? He obviously does not belong to you. Stupid Yixing!", Kyungsoo mutters to himself.

When Yixing left, Kyungsoo hesitantly got himself a chair and sat near his bed. He Baekhyun's hair and smiles when Baekhyun yawns and snuggles to his touch.

"Have you been worried about my feelings, Baekhyun-ah?"

And Kyungsoo traces the tear stains on Baekhyun's face.

"Did I cause this? I'm sorry Baek. You should be the hyung between the two of us but here you are, crying yourself to sleep like a kid."

Kyungsoo pauses and hesitantly moves his thumb across Baekhyun's cheeks and then to his lips.

"I guess.. This is one of the reasons why I fell in love with you in the first place."

Suddenly, a hand stops Kyungsoo's actions and he's shocked to find Baekhyun staring at him intently.

"Bae.. Bae.. Baekhyun.. Hyung."

"Is it true, Kyungsoo-ah?"

"Wha.. What is?"

"That you don't hate me but you love me like you should.", Baekhyun says in a matter-of-fact tone.

And Kyungsoo wanted to laugh but the current situation's preventing him to do so because right now, he's like a deer caught in the headlines.

"Are you serious?"

"Of course. I'm lovable." Baekhyun says in a serious tone.

And finally, Kyungsoo losts it. He laughs.

"You were just crying earlier about how I hate you but now, you're saying that I love you because you're lovable and in a serious tone at that?", Kyungsoo says in a fit of laughter.

"Why? Do you really hate me Kyungsoo-ah?" Baekhyun says in a hurt tone of voice.

"I.."

"Don't even lie. Tell me the truth. I know you. Don't even try to lie to keep an amicable relationship because I hate pretenses.", Baekhyun says in a tone that's serious but underneath you can hear its plea.

So Kyungsoo takes a deep breath and decides to just let everything out of his chest. There's no backing out anyway. Baekhyun already heard him confessing a while ago. Might as well confess everything and get it over with.

"Before I get started. I'd like to tell you that I'm dropping all formalities.", Kyungsoo says and when Baekhyun was about to interrupt, Kyungsoo raises a finger to his lips. Thus, Baekhyun shuts his mouth and gestures for Kyungsoo to go on.

"I hated you Baekhyun-ah. And before you start sobbing right there, notice my use of the past tense of hate.", Kyungsoo says when he sees Baekhyun's eyes starting to water.

"I hated you because you seemed like you always wanted to get everyone's attention. I'm a serious person and you're... well, not very serious. Our personalities clash. Everytime you start to act up, my eyes start to roll because I honestly found you annoying. But since we're in the same band, I had to put up with your antics though all I wanted to do was punch you on the face. You talk too loudly. You laugh too loudly. You do almost everything too loudly. I admit that sometimes you made me laugh but most of the times, you annoyed me. And you frustrated me, like hell.

But then one day, I decided to confront you so that I can try fixing this not-so-recommended relationship. When I was about to approach you, I saw Chanyeol hugging you and my temper rose and I knew for a fact that it would not be good to confront you while my emotions are at their peak. But the more I watched both of you, the more my temper rose, and that's when I realized that I was more mad at Chanyeol than I was of you.

And so I ran to my room and decided to remember why I hated you in the first place. I started to list everything I hate about you and it went like this:

·         He's too talkative. He talks a lot with Chanyeol.

·         He's too playful. He plays a lot with Jongin.

·         He's into too much skinship. He touches almost everyone.

·         He's too close to Yixing.

·         He loves attention. People give it to him. And they start loving him too. Too much.

And that's when I understood that I don't hate you. I was jealous. I hated THEM, the people who got close to you, because I wanted to be them. And that's when I understood that I don't hate you. I love you. There's a fine line between the two that I forgot how to differentiate one from the other. And I started to understand that I'm not rolling my eyes whenever you talk, I roll my eyes at whom you're talking to, the one you pay attention to. Do you get me Baekhyun? I'm a possessive bastard and you're not even mine.  So I try to stay away because I don't want to suffocate you but sometimes I can't help myself so I do things I downplay as a 'friendly' thing or 'fanservice'. Do you understand me now?",

Kyungsoo explains or confesses in a tired, and sad voice. Then he buries his face in his hands and cries manly tears.

Baekhyun hasn't moved an inch and he hasn't said a word after Kyungsoo's shocking confession. This scares Kyungsoo and makes him anxious.

'Here it comes. The end of what's barely even there.', Kyungsoo thinks.

'Well, at least he doesn't have to worry and cry himself to sleep anymore. But what if this will traumatize him? Damn!', Kyungsoo thinks.

Kyungsoo raises his head and was about to tell Baekhyun to not be traumatized but he was stopped by Baekhyun's lips on his.

"Bae.. Baek..?"

"Sssh! I'm glad. I love you too.", Baekhyun simply says.

"Wha? Wha? What?! That's it?! You don't have a dramatic confession like mine?", Kyungsoo asks.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and places his arms around Kyungsoo's shoulders.

"Look. Would I even worry and cry this much about someone hating me? Please Kyungsoo. I was worried because I loved you. If I didn't, you could screw yourself. To hell I care if ou hated me. But the thing is I love you and the way you thought about me mattered to me. Get it? Now, let's get some sleep."

And with that, Baekhyun pulls Kyungsoo into bed with him. He snuggles to Kyungsoo's chest and smiles as Kyungsoo wraps his arms around him.

"What a fool I made of myself. I'm so embarrassed", Kyungsoo says.

Baekhyun laughs because he knows how much Kyungsoo values his pride.

"Well, don't be. Your confession was the perfect confession for me. You were honest and it made me love you even more.", Baekhyun says in a gentle tone.

"Really?", Kyungsoo asks in a hopeful voice.

"Really." Baekhyun says firmly.

"I love you Baekhyun."

"I love you too Kyungsoo."

And with that, Kyungsoo tightly holds Baekhyun in his arms and closes his eyes as Baekhun snuggles to him.

'I have to remember to thank Yixing tomorrow. Maybe buy him a cup of coffee for his heartbreak and set him up with Kris.' Kyungsoo thinks before finally falling asleep beside his beloved.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Well, That's it. Hope you liked it. Excuse any grammar mistakes. I wrote this on a hurry bc I feel like the power's gonna go down any minute. -_-