The Deal

" The Deal "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“If you die, I might just follow you.”Kai frankly stated looking straight into Kyungsoo's huge lazy eyes.

“Idiot! That’s suicide!” Kyungsoo touched Kai’s hair brushing it with his hand. “You’re supposed to live on just like what happens in the movies.” Kyungsoo chuckled. “ In the movies the other one who get’s to live continues on living for the sake of his lover who died, there memory will carry on as long as the other one is alive.”

“That’s why it’s called movies hyung, they’re plain fiction.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 “You want me to what?” Kai crooked his brow. Sweat still trickles down his face as he stood beside the soccer field looking down at the small framed boy who called for his presence just a while ago. Kai had no choice but to excuse himself from playing soccer with his pals Luhan, Sehun, Kris, Xiumin and the rest of the gang.

Staring down at the small male infront of him, Kai can’t help but notice the awkward way the guy stood. The way he properly stands yet was charmingly adorable.

Maybe it was because the way this guys huge eyes shines.

 Kai thought to himself that what the popular name for their student council president was absolutely true. The president really looks kind and gentle by the way he moves. But one thing is for sure, he really is short as a junior student compared to kai who was a year behind. Kai silently laugh at his personal joke.

 

 

"I know I'm asking the impossible but... please I beg of you" Kyungsoo paused trying to gather up courage to repeat the favor he asked the man standing in front of him. “Represent our school for the national dance competition.” Gently but without hesitation he repeated with voice a little bit shaking, eyes fixated on the ground.

“You know I don’t dance anymore.”

“Then...-“  The small boy gently replied.  "What’s the whole point of you attending this school’s lesson if it’s not for dancing?”Not losing hope Kyungsoo looked up with his expressive huge gentle eyes.He must not lose hope.

As the council president I will not give up, this is the only chance that we can win this category. This boy is our only hope. Kyungsoo thought to himself.

Kai stood still for a moment, unable to say the words to defend him.

“ off will you.” Feeling annoyed, kai scratches his hair as he turns around and started taking his strides toward the field where his buddies are busy  following the ball.

“You’re the best one we’ve got, you  used to be our top dancer I don’t know the reason why you suddenly stop dancing in front of the crowd but I’ll make sure you’ll dance again.” The boy shouted full of hope. Kai pretended to not hear anything and proceed to the field catching up with his mates.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I knew you’d be here.” A very familiar gentle voice echoed as Kai felt the empty space above his head on the bench where he was laying was being occupied.

“This is my territory, and you keep on evading my space.”Opening his eyes, Kai looked up at the boy who was now staring down at him. Those huge enchanting eyes welcomed his vision sending foreign emotions inside him.

“I already told you I won’t dance."Kai abruptly stood up brushing off the sudden foreign emotion he never felt before and turned his back. He started to take long strides towards the door.

 

"Please Kai...” Standing quickly, Kyungsoo shouted gently. His hands grabs his sides stiffly, he will not give up even if it meant he must beg on his knees in front of this jerk. After all this guy is his only hope.

"Why don't you choose Yixing instead of me? I’m not the only student majoring in dance in this university after all." Kai paused, turning his face with annoyance.

"He got injured.  It will take him months to recover."

"Great timing lay...tsk.Tell me….-“Kai paused, he forgot the name of their president, they all go by calling him president, that’s all he knew about this guy aside from the fact that he owns one of the best vocal in their university.

“Call me hyung.” Kyungsoo interrupted.

“-Tell me, HYUNG, what will I gain from this competition?" Crossing his arms Kai tapped his right foot.

Desperately Kyungsoo opened his lips without thinking. "I'll agree on any conditions you want. Just this once, dance for us." Kyungsoo bit his lips, now that he realized and was fully aware of all the consequences of what he juat said a second ago.

"Hmmm...do you think that will be a good deal for me? We both know that I have the capacity to get whatever I want. Knowing the fact that my family owns the largest share on this school. Kai smirked.

"I'll give you all my notes for the past two years, I’ll do your homework, I'll allow you to smoke anywhere you like, and I’ll cover up all the mess you plan on getting into." Kyungsoo said without blinking."Is that okay with you?” He was now desperate to getting Kai say yes.

"Sounds fine, but not convincing enough."Kai walked slowly towards the boy. Kyungsoo crooked his brow trying to figure out what the other man was doing..

 

"How about you, the student council president become my slave until the day of the competition?" Kai whispered to the boy who was staring up at him causing the other to widen his naturally huge lazy eyes.

"W-hhat?"The young president nervously grabs the shoulder sling on f his back pack,eyes searching kai's face wondering if he was just kidding and sure he hoped Kai really was.

"What? You scared now? I thought you'll do anything president?" With a husky voice Kai leaned closer decreasing the gap on their faces. Kyungsoo just stood there dumbfounded as he swallows while leaning backwards. The guy was obviously challenging him.

"Come on! Just tell me if you can't so I can go now." Kai rolled his eyes turning around.

"Wait!"Kyungsoo called before Kai could even took another step.

 

 

It took a while before Kyungsoo opened his lips.

 

"Fine! But only until the day of the competition okay!?” He the bottom part ofhis lips before swallowing. Eyes closed as if he was just attacked by a massive head ache.

Kai spun around and walked closer again towards the small boy. Kyungsoo took a step back but was stopped by the bench blocking the back of his knees.

Kai looked intently towards kyungsoo's huge enchanting eyes, searching for sincerity and was not disappointed when he saw the gaze on the other boys eyes fighting Kai’s sharp ones. Kai smirked and chukled. He will surely have fun slaving the so called gentle-slash kind president.

“Well then. It’s a deal.“  Kai bent down causing their cheeks to brush one another. Kyungsoo blinked back and forth, his heartbeat increased as Kai’s breath sent chills to his veins.

“See you at the gate after class Mr. President." Kai smiled evilly before turning around leaving the president as still as a stutue behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Scribbling through the pages of notebook, Kyungsoo intently focused on answering Kai’s homework as you can see it was his job to answer them. But as long as Kai assured that he’ll dance to represent the school, the president did not complain after all he has been through because of the second year high school kid named Kai.

 Kyungsoo has to wait every single day for him at the gate of thier school before going home and when the other arrives he let the smaller one carry his bag and his books. What a tragic situation for the respected president. They would go straight to Kai’s huge apartment, the boy was alone with a regular maid checking up on the laundry and whether the room was already burned by the careless household chore- unknowledgeable boy. He has no choice but to cook for dinner for both of them if he wants to eat edible food aside from noodles stock on the boys fridge before Kai would practice inside his huge dancing room. The brat’s a rich kid obviously.

Only two weeks of endurance Kyunsoo, you can do it. He keeps on chanting his mantra as he intently writes on the note.

“Hey! I said were done for today.” A warm object touched his back making kyungsoo stiffen.

 It was no other than Kai whose chest was on Kyunsoo’s back and his hands placed on the table besides kyungsoo’s small framed body. Kai took off the earphone on Kyungsoo’s ears. He was writing at a small metal table while waiting for Kai to finish his regular practice and he did not notice it was already 2 hours since they entered the room, he was lost in reading and answering Kai’s homework.

“Okay.” He immediately closed the notebook and put it aside. “About time your homework is also done.” He was about to stand when kai’s body did not budge blocking him from standing up.

“Kai, please move.” His eyes nervously look around, he felt kai’s warm breath travel through his neck. He could still feel kai’s fast breathing due to his strenuous dancing. It was another of Kai’s prank on him, not a single day did he stop teasing him when they’re alone just like this.

“Kyungie..” Kai whispered huskily making his heart beat go wild. Kai loved calling him Kyungie aside from hyung and now  Kai’s freaking him out again, he just love teasing the small boy every day.

“I--- it’s getting late Kai, I guess I have to go now.” He gently said as he pushed Kai away just enough for him to stand up and walk away but just when he was about to open the door, a pair of large arms wrapped around his waist.

“Yah? What are you up to now? It’s getting late, Kai you know you have to take care of your body. So you have to rest early okay?”

“If it’s really late why don’t you spend the night here then?” Kai placed his chin on kyungsoo’s right shoulder tugging the small boy even more closer.

“Kai, stop it.” The small boy stiffen as he nervously tried to push away kai’s grip but failed.

“Hyung…” Kai whispered huskily before Kyungsoo felt a warm object touched the back of his neck.It was obviously Kai’s warm lips! He nervously turn around but was pushed towards the door, his back leaning on the cold metal door. He was so shocked he could not move an inch.

Kai cupped kyungsoo’s face with his left hand, it travelled towards his cheeks up to his lower lip and parted it open. Kyugsoo was still not able to move.

Slowly Kai bent down closing their distance and in a blink of an eye it happened.

 Kai’s lips met his, slowly his lips moved the soul out of Kyungsoo. The small boy thought he might faint any moment now, his heart wildly beats it might explode. Kai’s lips went down to kyungsoo’s jaw, down to his neck. There, Kai harder making Kyungsoo arched his back from the tingling foreign sensation his never felt before. After what seems like forever, Kai continued were he left off a moment ago and kissed his lips exploring the new found sweet nectar. Gently, Kai broke the kiss as he opened his eyes sharply gazing down on him.

“It’s a hickey.” Kai grins as he touched the swollen part of kyungsoo’s neck where he a while ago, looking pleased of what he just did. “I just marked you mine.”

Kyungsoo was blinking back and forth trying to digest what just happened. Kai place his hands on the door above kyungsoo’s head cornering him between them.

 

“Do you hate me now?” Kai asked slowly, eyes full of sincerity.

Kyungsoo could not think rationally, still in the verge of trying to weigh in what in the world Kai just did. For a smart person like him, he looks so dumb right at this moment. When he noticed Kai was about to bent down again he wanted to run away as fast as he can but to his surprise he did not moved an inch and instead he closed his eyes ignoring all the warnings his head was shouting.

The kiss was not like the first a while ago, this time its hard yet passionate, in need yet gentle.  Kai grabs the back of kyungsoo’s neck rubbing it as his other hands pulled the boy’s back closer. Their breathing got harder as Kyungsoo mimicked the movement of Kai’s lips.

 

Oh god! What on earth am I doing?! He mentally shouted.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V.

 

 

 

“Bye president!”Chanyeol, together with baekhyun and other members of our council bid their goodbye. We just had our weekly meeting and so far our plans were going smoothly for the incoming national art competition. That also means I have to also practice for my vocals cause I was also chosen to represent our school for the singing category.

“I know it’s tough for you right now but no matter what president I’ll be here to support you in case you need help.”Joonmyun, our vice president smiled as he ruffles my hair.

“Thanks vice president.” I simply nodded and smiled in return.

A loud beep caught our attention and I already know who it was.

 

“Uhm- I guess I have to go now, bye guys!” I waved goodbye as I hurriedly pass the gate .A black bike was parked outside, kai was on it. As expected my heart always seems to beat uncontrollably this past few days due to this guys disturbing presence.

 

“I thought you still have soccer games with your friends?” I smiled as I was closely approaching him.

“Change of plans.” He said flatly. Noticing his sour mood I clutched the shoulder sling on my back pack.

“Kai? Is there something wrong?” I blinked back and forth as I haul to a stop in front of him.

He clicked his tongue in annoyance and look away from me, gazing at nowhere.

“Tsk…. It’s nothing.” Looking back at me, he reach out his hands and ruffles my hair.

I back away gently as I try to cover my head with my hands. “Hey, my hair.” I smiled.

“I just hate seeing other people touching what’s already mine.” He said sharply making me realize the real reason why he was not in the mood. His hand went down to the back of my neck, gently rubbing it. He has a hobby of doing it, rubbing the back of my neck. He then put his unused helmet on my head gently.

 

 

“Hop in.” I was not able to say anything in return as if my mind was completely blank  so instead I nodded and get into the bike which was a little bit big for me.

Unsure if I should wrap my arms around his waist I decided to rest them on my knees instead before he revived the engine.

“Is this your first time riding a bike?” Kai said out of nowhere as I was busy looking around feeling the cold air bump my face. Looking a lot like a child who was very amazed the first time he sees a magic trick.

“Yeah.” I smiled.

“Hold tight then, or else you might fall.” I nodded and wrap my arm around his waist making no empty space in between us as he accelerated the speed. I saw him smiled though not breaking his focus on the road.

 

 

Instead of heading to his apartment for practice he brought us in front of the beach. In the seashore we sat side by sideon the sand as we contently watch the magnificent view displayed on our vision. Like a splash of violent colors behind the setting sun, a collision of the colors from violet, red, orange and yellow was breathtakingly beautiful.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” I smiled like an amused child and look up beside me where Kai was sitting silently.

He grabs my hand and held it gently. “Yes it is.” He said looking back at me intently.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I don't think I can do this." Kai exclaimed as he slump to the ground, bathing from sweat as he catches his breath. It was only 2 days away from the national art competition and something was wrong with Kai as the competition was getting closer.

Kyungsoo emidiately run up to the stage the moment he noticed Kai was about to colapse.

"Kai?You okay?” Kyungsoo cupped Kai's face worriedly. Kai's eyes was shut, his brows crooked as if he was in pain.

Instead of answering Kai grab his head with a pained face.He moaned like he was in a lot of pain that only he can see.

"Kai,it's okay. I got you. I'm here, I won't leave you." Kyungsoo kneeled and hugged him tight as Kai was catching his breath.Tighting the hug, Kai tug the smaller male tighter as if it was the only way to make his pain go away. Kyungsoo could feel the others heavy breath and loud moan.

 The two of them were inside their university gymnasium practicing. Everytime Kai was on the stage about to do his dance routine, his body stiffens and shakes from nervousness. Kai can't dance anymore in front of the crowd. It was because his mom died during his dance competition. Everytime he would compete, his mom would always be standing at the crowd giving him all the support he needs, but a year ago his mom died from leukemia and since then Kai can never find the strength to dance again on stage. Every time he attempts to do it would only backfire on him the realization that his mom is already gone.

 The wound that already seems to heal would open up again.

 

" Hyung. It hurts" Kai grabs his chest as his other hand wraps around Kyungsoo's neck. He then burried his face on the smaller male's neck.

 

 

"Kai, I'm here, I won' t leave you alone. Just trust me okay?" Kyungsoo persuaded, rubbing his palm on Kai's back trying to calm him down which seems to be effective.

Kyungsoo pulled away from the hug slowly and cupped the other man's face.  He smiled gently as he looks down at Kai.

"You're not alone anymore. I'm here now." He wipes Kai's tears with his thumbs.

Kyungsoo thought that no matter how tough Kai is, he can't hide the fact that he was still scared. That indeed no matter how big or mature he looks outside, he was still a kid inside.

 

Kyungsoo lowered his head touching his lips to Kai. The kiss kyungsoo initiated was a very gentle one, not long enough he broke the kiss.

"See? It does not hurt anymore right?"  Kyungsoo sheepishly smiled. His eyes seems to shine.  Kai nodded and grabs the back of Kyungsoo's head and kissed him back deeply. Kai was calmed by this boy's simple touch. Now Kai was determined to dance again on stage knowing that Kyungsoo will be there amongst the crowd giving him the strength he needs.

This is what he was searching for long ago, he finally found it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

On top of the bed there lay two bodies covered with thin white sheets. Kai was hugging Kyungsoo who’s eyes was shut wih his head resting on Kai’s arm.

Gently, Kai brushed away the hair strands covering the small boys face. He bent down and planted a kiss on the sleeping boy’s forehead for a while and as he broke the kiss. Kyungsoo opened his eyes looking up at the giant boy who was supposed to be younger but bigger than him.

“Kai.”  He look up and smiled as he touched Kai’s face.

“I’m glad we met.” Kyungsoo said out of nowhere.

He smiled his childish yet charming heartshaped lips making kai yearn to taste them.

"Thank you for teaching me things I never thought I would be able to know.”

Kai crooked his brow.

“Stop saying that hyung, you sound like your saying goodbye.”

“Silly, I’m not, but what if one day I die?" Kyungsoo held out his hands massaging Kai's crooked brow. It's a habit of his to rub the yoinger man's brow whenever his mood changes.

"Stop frowning." Kyungsoo smiled urging the other  to smile just like what always happens when kyungsoo pleads Kai  to avoid frowning and urges him to put a smile on his face instead. Kai finds it beyond his  capacity to go against his gentle lovers request. It's Kyungsoo'natural effect on him.

"It's not funny." Kai complained, he can't even imagine living without Kyungsoo.

"I just want to say how much thankful I am that I met you.” Kyungsoo rubbed his eye looking more cute and innocent in Kai’s eyes. Instead of answering,kai bent down and buried his head on the smaller boys neck hugging him tighter.

“If you die, I might just follow you.”Kai frankly stated looking straight into Kyungsoo's huge lazy eyes.

“Idiot! That’s suicide!” He touch Kai’s hair brushing it with his hand. “You’re supposed to live on just like what happens in the movies.” Kyunsoo chuckled. “ In the movies the other one who get’s to live continues on living for the sake of his lover who died, there memory will carry on as long as the other one is alive.”

“That’s why it’s called movies hyung, they’re plain fiction.” Kai answered still burying his face on the others neck.

“That’s why I want you to promise, that no matter what happens, even if we break up, or even if one of us dies, we must keep on living. Okay?” He paused. “We must continue on living as long as we are happy, we will live.”

“Promise me Kai?” Kyungsoo pulled Kai away from his hug and cupped his face.

”I promise. If you say so hyung.” Kai replied half heartedly.

“But still, I know we will never break apart even if it meant I have to drag you with me to church to marry me, we will still get married and have our dream jobs, we’ll leave in our dream house and we will have lots of children because I’ll get you pregnant every year.” Kai smiled.

Kyungsoo chuckled. “You’re crazy.” He covered his blushing face with the sheet.

“Im serious!” Kai complained tickling Kyungsoo’s sides. Kyungsoo laughed louder trying to escape the bigger mans  hands. And the room was filled with the echoes of their laughter which seems like forever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The day for the competition finally arrived and Kai's anxiousness faded just by seeing Kyungsoo sitting on the crowd. With passion and determination, Kai won first prize thanks to Kyungsoo's support who also got first in the singing category.

 

Their deal finally ended, but a new promising relationship begun.

 

A year had passed signalling their relationship went stronger and their bond tighter. The two might be absolutely opposite but just like the opposite poles of magnet they attract.

Kyungsoo understood Kai's indifference, that he is sometimes a frustrating man but Kyungsoo can't help it but love the guy even more. Kyungsoo often hangs out with Kai's friends. They would sometimes watch soccer match insides Kai's flat and the small boy would always be requested to cook for the guys. But the truth is, the soccer match was just actually their excuse to eat Kyungsoo's delicious cooking. Kai's friend would often joke around on how Kyungsoo puts up with his lovers temper.But what they don't know was Kai may be tough but he was always gentle when it comes to his Kyungsoo.

 

 

Every time the council president has many activities and work to be done, Kai would always be behind Kyungsoo helping and giving him moral and physical support. Where there is Kyungsoo, there will always be Kai.

 

The question whether their school actually knows about their affair remains unanswered,or maybe everyone already do know but pretends they don't. Kyungsoo was the type of person who ma look fragile but has a strong will to stand to his principles. He was not the type to be scared that his pure image get stained or ruin. At first it was tough, it would really stir up peoples mind why on earth do the student council president hangs out with the kai, the carefree i don't care who you are-student. But in the long run the image of the two being always together becomes a common view. Where there is Kyungsoo, there will always be Kai.

 

A letter inviting Kai to compete again in a national talent contest arrived. This was the most prestigious and promising talent contest in their country, that whoever wins get the chance to be a trainee or even debute as an artist in 3 different huge talent agency in Korea. YG, SM and JYP.

 

Kai's preparation for the incoming competition was even more difficult.This time he wanted to achieve something not only for him but also for Kyungsoo. He never wanted to dissapoint his lover though kyungsoo did not expect anything from him at all. Kai just wanted to make Kyungsoo happy. He wanted to prove that he is more mature now than before. That because of Kyungsoo he was able to find his dreams and his life's purpose.

The day for the elimination round came, Kai was selected in every round and all those time Kyungsoo never did once left his spot on the crowd.His simple smile from afar is enough strength for Kai.

 

The final round came, Kai was more optimistic in winning. When it was his turn to perform on stage the first thing he did was search for his lovers face,but what surprised him most was seated beside Kyungsoo was his father.

It never even entered his mind the thought that his father would show up.His father who was very busy in running their company to the extent that he never even paid attention to his traumatized son.

Kai was first confused as he looked at Kyungsoo’s eyes, he search for answers but was only answered by kyungsoo gaze as if it was telling him to do what he has to do first and ask what he was dying to know later. And that’s exactly what Kai did, he put aside all his worries and just let the music sink deep through his body and soul. His body moved naturally with every beat the music makes.

The competition finally ended with Kai being the top among them all. Now Kai was certain of what he wants to do in the future, and that is to become an artist. He was chosen by SM Company to be their trainee promising him to debute as a group in the future, Kai was thrilled by the offer and agreed to train in the company.

After the congratulations he received from the people around him Kai hurriedly run backstage knowing Kyungsoo was waiting in his dressing room, but no sign of Kyungsoo was seen as kai arrived.

Maybe something just came up, Im sure he'll show up any moment now. He said to himself. After a while of waiting Kai finally heard the door clicked open and Kyungsoo’s face showed and that’s when Kai noticed Kyungsoo was with someone.It was a his father.

Kyungsoo excused himself and left the two alone together to settle things. After a while of just staring at each other his father finally spoke.

"You've grown a lot." his father smiled. Kai was not pleased at all with his fathers unannounced visit. Kai treated his father coldly it was not long enough that his father went on asking for his son's forgiveness, saying he became indifferent after his wife died. He was so lonely that he ingulfed himself with his work without realizing that his one and only son was not only deprived of his mother but also his father.

Kyungsoo was the one who contacted Kai's father.

 

Kai was kind of pissed off, not with Kyungsoo but with himself. He doesn’t want to forgive yet his father, he was not yet ready.

 

 

 

 

"Your dad only wants to talk to you, stop giving him the cold shoulder Kai, he’s still you father." Kyungsoo pleaded.

 

"How many times do we have to argue about this damn thing?"Kai snapped."I don't want to fight with you okay? So please, stay out of this." Kai said as he rubbed his temple with his eyes closed. They were having their dinner at Kais place when Kyungsoo opened the topic about Kai’s dad.

"How can I stay out of this when its about you? I care about you....thats why ."Kyungsoo calmly said.

"This is going nowhere." Kai stood up walking towards his room.

Kyungsoo also stood up and took long strides catching up with Kai.

 

Kyungsoo wraps his arms around kais waist. "Please? Try to open yout heart. Give it a try?" He pressed placed his right check at the others broad back.

"I… I can't." He sighed.

"You're running away again. I don't want to see you like this, just like before I met you. You are always running aroind in circles." Kyungsoo whimpered.

"I'll see you tommorow." Kai pulled Kyungsoo’s grip on his waist and walked towards his room.He opened the door and walked inside, resisting to turn around because the moment his eyes would see those wide eye of his lover he knew he can't say no anymore.

"I won't leave until you tell me you'll try and find it in your heart to talk to your father and listen to what he has to say." Kyungsoo shouted.

Kai did not answer and slumped on his bed then covered himself with the sheet.

"Kai?" Kyungsoo called but still no response was given.

Two hours had already passed yet Kyungsoo did not left his spot in front of the door.Feeling a little bit tired he rubbed his eyes and yawn.

Suddenly, he heard the door clicked open with Kai showing up.

 

"Damn it hyung."Kai clicked his tongue trying to look annoyed as he averted his eyes from the smaller boy who was staring up at him with a wide smile flashing on his face.

"What am I gonna do with you? You obstinate prick." Kai sighed in surrender and hugged Kyungsoo who was too tired to even reply.  He just smiled instead before falling asleep with the word "Thanks." escaping from his lips.

Kyungsoo know from that very moment, he won.

 

 

 

After a lot of self debate, Kai finally considered what his lover had been always asking him. It's also about time to settle things with his father.

Time heals all wounds, forgiviness was a long process, but with the help of Kyungsoo's advices and support the two finally reunited before Kai's father went back abroad.Kai's father was thankfull to Kyungsoo who put up a lot of effort in resolving their father and son conflict, if Kai's father was aware of the two boys affair, that we cannot tell.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung! What are you doing here?" Kai walked closer towards his lover who was waiting for him to show up after he recived a message telling him to meet at their favorite park on their favorite spot, the swing.

Kyungsoo was rocking himself back and forth as he struggles to touch his toes to the ground.Kai held the metal sling slowing it’s rocking back and forth. Kyungsoo looked up at the man towering him.

"Kai, you now it’s pretty cold outside, why aren't you even wearing warm clothes?"

Kai raised his brow when the other did not answered his question. "Who would think of that kind of things when you sent me a text message late at night to meet? I was worried okay?" kai kneeled down.

"I knew that’s what you'd say."Kyungsoo chuckled and out of nowhere he wraps Kai's neck with the scarf he was holding. He knew Kai won't even bother to wear one so he specifically brought an extra. Kyungsoo touched gently Kai's face who was now gazing up at him.Slowly he planted a soft kiss on kai’s lips taking kai's breath away."Happy anniversary kai, I love you." Kyungsoo  said as they parted their lips.

Kai's face blushed,he instantly covered his face with his hand.”Silly, our anniversary is not until tomorrow.You should really check the credibility of you calendar.” Slowly he stood up as he regain his composure, he motioned Kyungsoo to stand up and the other followed.

“I know that but, I just have a feeling that I have to tell you now. You know, we have this urges, urges we can’t control.”Kyungsoo smiled, smokes are coming from his mouth as he opens it.

Kyungsoo almost gasped when out of nowhere Kai pulled him into a tight hug by his waist.

"Happy anniversary too hyung...and no words can make you understand what exactly I feel for you, but I'll just start defining it by I love you too." After what seems like forever of exchanging body heat Kai answered.

Kyungsoo also wrap his arms around the taller mans shoulder. He tiptoep to level up with his lovers’ height.

"Let's be like this forever." Kai said as he closed his eyes treasurinng the moment.

Kyungsoo nodded. "You promise?" Kai reassured like a child.

"I promise, I promise to be with you forever."

 

 

 

Kai insisted that his lover must spend the night at his place, which the othersimply nodded in agreement.

 

 

"Happy anniversarry hyung!" A peck on Kyungsoo's lips woke him up from his deep sleep. He gently opened his eyes and the view of kai's smiling face welcomed his vision making his heart jump.He was persuaded by Kai to spend the night in his places, kyungsoo had no other choice but to call home and telling his mother that he’ll be sleeping at his friends place.

"Happy anniversary too Kai." Kyungsoo smiled and gently rubbed his eyes when he felt a cold object was stuck on his fingers.When he looked at his left hand he saw a plain silver ring on his ring finger.

"Whoah! It's beautiful!" His eyes shined as he studed the ring."Is this really mine?"

"Who else would it be? Silly!" Kai chuckled and ruffles the other boys hair. “I'm not really good with stuffs like this.I don't know exactly know what I should get for you that I almost spent the whole day walking around the mall, so I asked my friends help.

 Sehun said I should buy you stuff for ingredients and make you cook, Luhan said I should by you a ticket  cruise trip but I know you'll be busy with your graduation stuffs and the council and finally, hyung Xiumin said I should buy you a ring, so here it is." It was not only Kyungsoo who has the urge to surprise his partner, so it's exactly the real reason why kai wants the other boy to spend the night with him. He wanted to show his lover how much he treasures him. No matter how indifferent and illl tempred he may be it was only Kyungsoo who matters to him most.

Kyungsoo raised his hand observing the tiny ring.

"I also have mine." Kai awkwardly said as he raised the pendant on his necklace.Kyungsoo wondered why he did not even noticed the beautiful metal wrapping around Kai"s neck the entire night.

Kyungsoo touched the ring pendant and studied it with amazement.It's exactly the same as what  he has on his finger

 

"It's a couples ring." Kai said as he raised his hand and entertwined it with his lovers tiny fingers. It felt so right that every gap on his fingers fits perfectly with Kyungsoo's.

"I know I'm difficult to deal with, I'm moody,sometime childish and most of all...I'm obssessed with you hyung." Kai smirked making the other boy flash bright red from his lovers bold declaration.

"-But thank you, for giving my family back, for teaching me to forgive, for teaching my heart to open up. You don't know how special you are to me. Thank you for picking up my broken pieces and fixing me with your gentle and warm hands. Thank you for teaching me to be kind. I know,and everybody knows that I don't deserve you, but I'm a selfish bastard so I'm keeping you all to myself."Kai paused and flashed his smirk.

"Hyung," Kai paused.

"Kyungie-ah, thank you, for giving these...us a chance."Kai said looking straight at his lovers’ eyes as he tightens his grip on their intertwined hands. He was not the type to sweet talk but he found out its a thousand easier if you only listen to your heart and shut every conscious part of your whole being aside from it.

"I think I just said thank you a thousand times."Kai scratches his head awkwardly, kyungsoo can’t help but smile.

"Know what? I was gambling my faith the moment I first kissed you. I knew its either youkiss me back or punch my face." Kai smiled. His sharp eyes that always hypnotizes Kyungsoo never fails to do it again.

Kai bent his head lowering it until his forehead touches Kyungsoo's. He seductively gaze down at his lover. "So I gave it my all the first time I kissed you."Kai sheepishly grin.

Kyungsoo gasped."Yah! You seduced me!" His already huge eyes widens even more.

Kai chuckled. "But I thought you liked it?"

"I do not!"Kyungsoo blushed.

A moment of silence passed when kai did not respond instead they ended up staring at each other passionately, Kyungsoo cupped Kai's face with his free hand and planted a very soft kiss on his lovers lips. "No words can define how thankful I am that I met you too. I love you.".Kyungsoo said with a smile on his lips.

"I love you more." Kai pulled the other boy into a hug."I don't know if I can live without you."He rested his chin above kyungsoo's head as the other burried his face in Kai's broad tanned chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The rain poured slowly, only the loud hiss that it creates and the cool breeze woke up Kai's sleeping soul. He ran his hands through the sheets expecting to find someone with him but ended up dissapointed. Hewas exppecting to wake up with his boyfriend on his bed, to see his lover with his lazy swollen wide eyes, his heart shaped lips and his messy bed hair.But Kyungsoo being Kyungsoo, the early riser and the unpredictable awkward at the same time charming boy already left without waking up Kai.

Kai stood up lazily and nearly tripped on the scattered bottles of beer on the floor. He took his phone and dialed the only digits he memorized ever in his entire life, but no one answered.He kept dialling but the tone saying no one was willing to pick it up kept on ringing. Feelling annoyed from the idea that he can't hear his lovers voice, kai stormed towards the bathroom and took a bath. Today is their first anniversary and they both agreed to spend their anniversary together and Kai would not want to be late.

 

Sitting down at their favorite spot on the swing Kai waited patiently for a pair of wide eyed boy to show up as he rocked himself back and forth slowly.

 

"Kai? We've been looking everywhere for you."Sehun pops out of nowhere, he was wearing a formal tux. Sehun pulled out his phone and dialled some numbers and spoke incoherrent words Kai has no interest in hearing, all he did was look up at his friend wondering why he was there.

"Sehun ah? Why are you here?" Kai raised a brow.

"That's what I should ask you" Sehun stood in front of kai and looked down upon him.

"What? "kai raised a brow. "I'm waiting for Kyungsoo, today is our first anniversary  in case you don't know. We have a date obviously. It's what normal people do, If you consider us normal."Kai joked.

But Sehun seems to not get the joke Kai threw at him, instead he looked down at kai with a pity look in his eyes.

"Kai, today is not your first anniversary,..

-it's your second and...-"He paused.

 

 

"-Kyungsoo will never come."

Those words echoed around Kai's ears, he slowly analyzed each wordsSehun said.

"What? What the hell are you saying?"

"Kai, I know it's hard but you should atleast try to move onand accept the reality. It's for your sake."

"Sehun? I don't get you.Really."Kai almost let out a chuckle.

"Kyungsoo's never coming back okay? He's already dead."Sehun sighed.

"Don't make jokes like that ever again! It's not ing funny!"Kai stood up and turn around and started to walk,.

"Kai!"Sehun grabbed his shoulder. "Stop it.Stop living like this, move on. Stop convincing yourself to live in lies. It will only make it harder for you to move on."

"Damn it! Stop will you! I don't ing understand whats your point!" Kai hissed facing Sehun.

"Kai, come on man, Kyungsoo's waiting for us now."

"No, he promised to spend our anniversary together and meet me here, I will wait here until he shows up." Kai his lips in annoyance.

"Kai. Kyungsoo's never coming back." Sehun closed his eyes in desperation.

"No he promised! He promised we will meet me here today! Kyungsoo never breaks his promise, not even once!" Kai trembled, his eyes turning red.

"I know that but, this time, he cant make it anymore."

"He will!"

"For Christ sake Kyungsoo's already dead Kai! Why dont you accept it!It's been a year now, live your life. Kyungsoo would not want to see you like this."

"No his not dead! He will show up any moment now okay!"Kai looked around hoping to find the huge pair of lazy eyes he missed so much.

"Snap out of it Kai! Kyungsoos dead, he was murdered the night you met before your first anniversary."

"No!"Kai shouted.

But the water dripping in his cheeks took his attention, he wiped it off but it won't come off. He thought it was raining but his vission started to blur, his breathing got heavier and he slowly sobbed. The waters coming out from his eyes won't stop and that's when he realized it was not rain drops, it was actually his tears.

He was actually crying.

"No! No!" Kai held his head. He cried and cried he kept on convincing himself that Kyungsoo will appear any moment now. He kneeled on the ground, shoulders down. "You're lying!"He shouted in between his sobs.

Not long enough familiar faces of his friend Xiumin,Kris, Tao, Luhan,Chen and ther rest of the gang appeared in front of him. All dressed in formal attire as if they will be attending a black parade

All of them stared at kai who was slumped on the floor with pity written on their eyes. They tried topersuade him to stand up, saying that they have to go somewhere where Kyungsoo was waiting for him to arrive.

Memories of the vague past begins to flash his vission. Every memory that flashes creates painfull holes in his heart.

That night, when the two of them met before the day of their anniversary,Kyungsoo did not actually spend the night in kai's apartment. He insisted on going back to his house saying tommorow will be a very special day and that they must not see each other for the whole night because he wants tommorow to be even more exciting. He did not even let Kai walk him home.

 

"Tommorrow, lets meet up here, this exact spot."He said while smiling before he walks away.Thats when the tragic part happened. On his way home Kyungsoo stumbled to a couple of guys who were actually on drugs, he was dragged  towards an abandon warehouse. He tried to fight back but he was no match to the five men sorrounding him. The result of the autopsy says Kyungsoo was not only murdered, he was also .

A call from Joonmyun whos father was the cheif of police broke the terrifying news to Kai. The moment the call ended Kai went berserk, he breaks anything he sees,  punches every mirror he faces and shouted to the top of his lungs. He cried so hard that his tears dried up. Kai barred down. He was broken and shreded into tiny pieces.

The bastards who and took away the innocent boys life got away. But after a month they were found dead. Authorities said they've gone crazy and killed each other and then commited suicide. At least that's what their theory was. What happened to them and if whether they took away their own lives remains unkown.

 

 

Kai thought he might go crazy.

 

Kyungsoo's gone, the pair of dazzling wide eyes will never lay on Kai's vission again. He will never see those smiling heart shaped lips, he wil never hear his warm voice,he will not be able  to rub the back of his lovers neck ever again and no one will rub his brows whenever he's in a sour mood.

Without Kyungsoo he can never dance again.

Without Kyungsoo, Kai is lost.

Each day that pass the only thing that can get him through the day was the smiling portrait of Kyungsoo he always carry along with him everywhere. He was even worse than a walking zombie. He can never accept the reality, lies kept him alive.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

"Kai, snap out of it, you need to be strong." Xiumin said bringing him back to the present.

"Do you think Kyungsoo will be happy if he sees you like this?" He added.

"Hyung, it hurts. It hurts a lot. I can't take the pain."He grabbed his chest and he curled hugging his knees.

"Kyungie promised. He promised to stay with me always. He'll come soon, just wait."He looked up as tears race down his face.

 

"Get up!" Kris pulled him up easilly, He lost a lot of weight making him as light as a feather.

"Wake up kai! Wake the up!"Kris shook him.

"No! Hyung if I wake up I think I can't take it." Kai smiled sadly as he sobbed.

"Hyung, I was once hurt. Mom left me, dad left me but I did not break, however Kyungsoo came and he healed my wound. He fixed me easilly with his warm hands. I don't even know what I did to deserve someone like him. But this time, If I accept the fact that he won't ever be with me. Hyung, I might break down." He choked as he cried so hard.

 

"I will break hyung."Kai cried out with his voice shaking.

Kris can't say anything back in return. For a year Kai remained cold, he never showed any emotions in front of his friends, this was the only time that he finally took off his mask.

He cried and cried, everyone around him can do nothing but listen to his hysterical outburst, he needed this. He needed to let it out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Kai managed to calm down they guided him towards the waiting car, Kyungsoo's waiting for Kai to arrived to the place his body was now bounded.

 

Kai slowly got out of the car when they finally stop. Everyone he and Kyungsoo knew including the laters family were there. Slowly, together with his friends he took short steps towards the crowd.The moment he laid eyes on the cold square sement on the ground his body trembled.His knees shook and his breathing got heavier. Everyone looked at him as if they were observing what he would do next. He walked closer towards Kyungsoo,feeling his body got weak as if all energy inbhis body was draine, instantly he kneeled down on the ground.

"Kyungie."He called out but he did not recieve a response.His eyes started to water again.

"Hyung."His voice trembled. He touched the cold object on the ground, In Loving Memory of Do Kyungsoo was carved on it.

Kai bent his head, his tears fell down on Kyungsoo.He whimpered. He can't hold it any longer and there in front of the man he loves, he cried his heart out.

Kyungie ah, you promised remember? You promised to meet me today, you promised yo'll never leave me alone. You love me right? Then why aren't you here now? Why are'nt you here to tell me that everything's gonna be alright? I missed you so much that it hurts a lot. Can you see me now? Do you? Then you can see how hard it is for me to keep on living? Every morning I wake up and its yourvface that I long to see.

How can you break your promise to me? You promised me hyung! You promised!

If only I did not let you go alone that night. If only I did not approved on you living me that night. If only...

 

 

 

"Kai, its time to go."Tao tapped Kai's back, he was holding an ambrella, it was actually raining as if the sky was mourning too. Kai was still standing in front of Kyungsoo, everybody left already aside from him and his friends who were always there to support him.

The ride home was very quite. Kai held Kyungsoo's portrait as he watch every infrastructure they pass by while the rain poured heavily .

He thought about a lot of things. He thought about the day he met Kyungsoo at the green soccer field where he stood awkwardly in front of him and how adorable he looked that time which catches Kai's attention. He remembered those pair of wide eyes that always traps  Kai's heart, those bright smile that Kyungsoo always flashes whenever his happy he almost look crazy, he remembered how warm and gentle Kyungsoo's hands that always touches his forehead calming him down whenever his temper snaps. He remembered how Kyungsoo would always stand in front of the crowd giving him the courage he needs whenever he dance on stage. he remembered their promise...

 

 

 

“Kai.”  Kyungsoo looked up and smiled as he touched Kai’s face.

“I’m glad we met.” Kyungsoo said out of nowhere.

He smiled his childish yet charming heartshaped lips making kai yearn to taste them.

"Thank you for teaching me things I never thought I would be able to know.”

Kai crooked his brow.

“Stop saying that hyung, you sound like your saying goodbye.”

“Silly, I’m not, but what if one day I die?" Kyungsoo held out his hands massaging Kai's crooked brow. It's a habit of his to rub the yoinger man's brow whenever his mood changes.

"Stop frowning."Kyungsoo smiled urging the other  to smile just like what always happens when kyungsoo pleads Kai  to avoid frowning and urges him to put a smile on his face instead. Kai finds it beyond his  capacity to go against his gentle lovers request. It's Kyungsoo' natural effect on Kai.

"It's not funny."Kai complained, he can't even imagine living without Kyungsoo.

"I just want to say how much thankful I am that I met you.” Kyungsoo rubbed his eye looking more cute and innocent in Kai’s eyes. Instead of answering, kai bent down and buried his head on the smaller boys neck hugging him tighter.

“If you die, I might just follow you.”Kai frankly stated looking straight into Kyungsoo's huge la,u eyes.

“Idiot! That’s suicide!” He touch Kai’s hair brushing it with his hand. “You’re supposed to live on just like what happens in the movies.” Kyunsoo chuckled. “ In the movies the other one who get’s to live continues on living for the sake of his lover who died, there memory will carry on as long as the other one is alive.”

“That’s why it’s called movies hyung, they’re plain fiction.” Kai answered still burying his face on the others neck.

“That’s why I want you to promise, that no matter what happens, even if we break up, or even if one of us dies, we must keep on living. Okay?” He paused. “We must continue on living as long as we are happy, we will live.”

“Promise me Kai?” Kyungsoo pulled Kai away from his hug and cupped his face.

”I promise. If you say so hyung.”

 

 

 

But you broke your promise to me Hyung, you promised to stay with me always, you promised to not leave me alone, to be together forever and you promised to see me today. All of it hyung, you'll never be able to fullfil them anymore.

You should probably feel sorry for not fullfilling them hyung, I feel sorry too hyung. I'm sorry but I had finally made my decision.

Hyung, will you let me break my promise too? You broke yours, and I think I can't fulfill mine either.

I forgive you for breaking your promise, will you forgive me too hyung?

Kai opened his right palm which was formed into a fist, a pair of couples ring was revealed. H was now alone at his place as he sat on his empty bed.This was the ring he was not able to give Kyungsoo during their first anniversary. He was too late. He will never be able to give it to him, Kyungsoo will never be able to wear it.

 He stared at his left hand which was also closed, as he opened it a tiny bottle appered.He was keeping this tiny bottle for a long time now. Incase he can't take the pain anymore. This tiny bottle has the capacity to take away all the pain he was suffering from. Without hesitation he opened the bottle and swallowed the capsules it contain.

He placed Kyungsoo's picture beside him which was Kyungsoo's spot on his bed.Gently he lay down on his bed as he grips tightly the ring he held so dear. He closed his eyes as he inhaled his last breath.

A tear fell from his eyes while he smiled.

Hyung, I did tried to fullfil my promise to you, I tried keep on living. But can't you see? I'm slowly dying too? A year without you was hell to me. I can't endure it anymore hyung. I missed you so damn much.

Hyung, you and I don't have to wait for a long time to see each other again. So don't go anywhere okay? I'll find you wherever you are. You don't have to be alone there.

 

 

By breaking my promise, I'll fullfil yours.

 

We'll always be together now. I promise.

 

 

"Where there is Kyungsoo, there will always be Kai."