Waiting

Waiting

Waiting.

Krystal Jung was 15 when she met him. She doesn’t believe in first love, at least not at that young age. But, when she felt time slows down and she can’t listen to anything but her heartbeat at the moment he stepped into her life, she believed it was love at the first sight. She even remembered what he wore , a black hoodie , long black pant with a light blue cap that has a letter S on it. He was beautiful, in fact the most beautiful man she ever saw. Turn out that the beautiful man is her sister’s friend. And now became her friend too.
 

“Soojung” How melodic it sounds, Krystal thought.  To hear his voice calling her name, her real name. Suho always call her that, even when everyone including her unnie calls her Krystal, he still prefers Soojung. She doesn’t know why he does that but she loves it. Really love it.

“Soojung?”   Suho calls again.
The girl snap back to reality and blink her eyes.
“Neh, oppa ?” That earns her a chuckle from the boy. “I’m going first. Take care Soojung ah”

When the girl is sure that the boy is completely out of the door, she sighs and the radio. She lost herself while practicing her soon to debut song.

“You need to tell him, Stal.”

“Not now, Amber.”


She did think about it. About confessing . She was ready but when she came across a conversation between Suho and one of the trainee, (she believes it was Chanyeol ) she changes her mind.

“Hyung, you know Seohyun noona like you right?”
“Chanyeol ah, slow down your voice.”
“Hyung, you’re lucky. You always find girls that like to read attractive. You like her too, right?”
“Shhh.. Why are talking so loud? Come let’s continue practicing.”
“Ehhh hyung, I see a blush right there.”
She doesn’t realize that her tears are already falling when she heard the two giggling and laughing in the practice room.

Scream of joy are heard in the room. Some of her member are jumping around, some (the second maknae and the leader practically) are hugging each other. They were happy. Krystal just finished calling her mum and her sister when she decided to call another important person, especially to her.
“Oppa, we won first today.”
“I know. I heard it. Congrats Soojung ah. You have to treat me dinner after this.”
That conversation lasted for hours.

 

“Krissie, who would you mention?”

“Ah, just everyone who helped me. You totally have to mention Heechul oppa this time, Ssul.”
And with a smile she wrote his name in her thanks to.

Kim Jumyeon oppa.
 

“Woahhh, oppa looks cool.” She heard the cutest member told them as they watched his teaser.
“He does, right Stal?” With that she earns a grin from Amber.

 

“I can’t believe it Soojung ah. I finally debuted”.  She could sense his smile through the phone.
“I know oppa. Congratulations. Now it’s your time to treat me.”
“What do you mean? I always treat you.”
Both of them end up laughing.

 

“Unnie, why are you guys so happy?”
Instead of her sister, a doe eyed member answered.
“Our maknae have a date today.”
“Seohyun unnie? Wow, with who?”
The name owner was about to explain when her sister interrupted.
“With Suho.  She has a date with Suho.”
Everything around her seems frozen. She can’t even breathe properly.
“Krystal, ani yah. Suho oppa just wanna treat me dinner since I helped him during the recording.”

Sure. Krystal thought by herself.
 

Krystal was determined. She wants to move on. She wants to forget him.
 So she sets boundary, an invisible wall between them. She doesn’t text him nor calls him.
Rumors going around that he grew close with Seohyun.


“Krystal, let’s watch Inkigayo tonight? Exo are one of the winner nominees.” She actually heard the leader words loud and clear even when she’s in her room.
“I’m tired, Unnie. I’m having headache too.”
After assuring her ‘umma’ that she doesn’t need any aspirin and she will be okay after she gets to sleep, she silently switch her laptop on.


 

EXO wins their first trophy after only a year of debut.
The 12 handsome boys of EXO from one of the top company in South Korea, SM Entertainment grabbed their first trophy with their song “Wolf”. The boys debuted in 2012 with MAMA and gained lots of fans throughout Asia. With sunbaes like TVXQ, Super Junior, Seo Nyuh Shi Dae, Shinee and F(x), this win doesn’t surprise netizens. But it was totally a surprise for the boys as their leader, Suho seen crying while delivering their winning speech.

Congratulations oppa.

“Krytsal, guess what? Exo is coming back too.”
“What?”
“They are coming back too. Maybe few weeks later than us.”
Her members are thrill, who could blame them? The wolfs often hangout with them.

Not good. This is so not good.
 

“Soojung ah.”
No, please.Don’t.
“Soojung ah, wait.” She stopped at her track.
“Why are you walking so fast? Are u hungry or something?”
She knows where he’s going with that. He was being playful.

 

Her frozen heart melted, just like that.
Her walls are knocked down, just like that.

 

“Exo or fx? Fx or Exo ? Ohhh F(x)! The winner for today Show Champion is the girls from f(x). “
When the encore started playing, Krystal tried to stay behind her members. They boys are joining their encore stage and that’s mean he will be too. She smiled when she saw him goofing around her members.
“You win. It’s your night Soojung ah.” He whispers but loud enough for her to hear. She glances towards him and they exchange smile.

Should I wait?

“Congratulations Exo. Please say a few words.”
She was trying to steal a glimpse of him when she caught him staring.
“Stay with me tonight Soojung. I’m treating you supper.”

I will wait.
I don’t care how long it takes. I will wait for you.

 

Soojung made up her mind that night. She prefers to wait. She had been in love with her angel since she was 15. She managed to wait till now so why not wait a little longer? Cause you see, that what Soojung do best. She waits.
 

Little did she knows..


 Wait for me Soojung ah? Please wait for me. I have kept you waiting, I know. Please bear a little more. Just like how I strained myself everyday from holding you. All I want to do now is pull you in my embrace and kiss you. God knows Princess, how much I want you. But I need to do this too. I’ve been practicing for so long. I have to do this first. This is my duty, the boys are counting on me. I’ll make you mine someday and when that day came, no one can’t stop me. So now please, wait for me.
The boy desperately wants to say it to her, but here he is, confessing to her while she was deep in her sleep.