Chapter 1

The Answer

Byun Baekhyun stares at the large gate right in front of him.

'If you take one more step Baekhyun, you'll never be able to turn back. One more step Baekhyun. All the future needs right now is one more step. Are you sure you want to go through with this?' Baekhyun thinks to himself.

Baekhyun turns his back and he sees his Umma and Appa waving eagerly at him. His appa, Jung Yunho, is looking at him with a very bright smile that makes him look like a fool; you definitely would not be able to guess that he's one of the world's most respected and feared businessmen.  His other appa who insists to be called 'Umma', Kim Jaejoong, is crying and dramatically dabbing his tears and waving it like they do in the movies.

 Their actions would have made any other college boy cringe but not Baekhyun. He smiles at them and forms a fist with his hand. His parents do the same and the three of them shout "Fighting!" at the same time.

"Baekhyun, you can do this! Let them see you're a big boy now. Fighting Baekhyun." Baekhyun mutters under his breath. He takes a deep breath then shouts, "FIGHTING BYUN BAEKHYUN!"

Baekhyun realizes that he shouted too loudly and he feels people drilling holes on his back, so he quickly rushes past the large gates and finally, takes his first step in College.

'Way to start your very first day in college Baekhyun. Way to gooo!', Baekhyun thinks mockingly to himself.

************

KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Don't open it Jongin-ah! It could be my baby brother.", Changmin eagerly shouts.

Kim Jongin, the school's vice-president stares at Changmin like he's some alien.

"Are you always like this when it comes to your brother, Pres?"

"Like what, Jongin?"

"Like some fool. A totally different image you usually show to everyone."

"You can't blame me. My brother is a cutiepie. He's so innocent and he's really cute, okay? I had to leave home early because I have to prepare my welcome speech for the 1st Year enrollees. And my baby brother was still asleep then. I couldn't even kiss him goodbye. You're of the same age Jonginnie. Oh wait! You're younger by two years I guess but you're a semester ahead of him because you're a smart .", Changmin says with an adoring tone while talking about his brother.

Jongin rolls his eyes and says, "I guess the rumors were true after all. The school's Shim Changmin has a brotherly complex. I heard you used to cut classes just so you can go to your brother's highschool and eat lunch and snacks with him. Luckily, the teachers loved you and you're the school's 3rd most intelligent student. Anyway, you can stop squealing about your brother now and finally open the door because the person's persistently knocking already."

And when Changmin snaps out of his fanboying moment for his brother, he hears the knocks growing louder by the second.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Changmin rushes towards the door and shouts at the same time, "I'm coming! The President is coming!"

When Changmin opens the door, he is met with a pair of beautiful eyes hidden by a pair of black-rimmed glasses. The shock on the other's face was evident as he was about to hit Changmin with his fist, obviously about to knock again.

The boy quickly adjusts his glasses and faces the floor while quietly saying, "Ummm.. Ummm.."

And Changmin could see the boy fiddling with the edge of his uniform. Changmin feels a bit of sympathy and speaks to the boy in a gentle tone, "It's okay. You can say anything to me." And he flashes the boy with his trademark brotherly smile which Jongin calls a commercial smile but Changmin doesn't care about Jongin's opinions because Jongin's secretly an at times.

But the smile was ineffective because the boy concerned was keeping his head down, refusing to look at Changmin.

"I.. I .. I just wanted to say that I accidentally broke a chair while preparing the hall for your speech later on. I.. I'm.. I'm sorry. I'll.. I'll try to pay it soo.. soon. I.. I promise.", the boy says.

And that's when Changmin notices a big bruise peeking under the man's sleeve. When Changmin inspects the dark blue uniform of the boy, he notices that blood was staining the sleeves. Changmin gasps and quickly grabs the uninjured arm of the boy. He drags him to the clinic. and notices that the nurse was out. Luckily, Changmin knows first aid since he usually treats his brother's wounds.

"Sit."

"Ah. Ah.. Please.. Please don't get mad.. I'll pay for the chair as soon as possible."

"I'm not mad about that. I'm mad about your arm. You should have gone to the clinic first to treat your wound instead of worrying over a chair, which by the way, does not die over losing blood, unlike you.", Changmin says in a hard tone.

"I'm.. I'm sorry.", the boy meekly says and Changmin watches him sit on the seat opposite of him.

"I'm not.. I'm not mad okay? I .. I was just worried.", Changmin says and he quickly but gently rolls the sleeves of the boy. However, Changmin could see the boy biting his lips in pain and Changmin decides to cut up the sleeves instead. He searches for a pair of scissors and was about to cut the sleeves of the boy when he speaks up.

"Umm. Please don't. I only have two pairs of this uniform.", the boy says.

Changmin stares at the brunette's eyes. He looks at the boy's nametag and reads the name. Cho Kyuhyun. THE Cho Kyuhyun?

"By any chance, are you Cho Kyuhyun, the infamous resident scholar of this school and basically the school's pride for having consistent perfect grades from preschool until your current year in college?", Changmin says in awe.

"Oh. Umm.. Yes, I guess. But you're giving me too much credit. I'm sure you've been listening to the rumors.", Kyuhyun says in a shy and amused tone.

"Of course not. I have your report cards. This school is famous for only having rich and smart kids, not that I'm bragging but it's a fact everyone knows. And it made headlines when the school decided to enroll a certain, please don't be insulted, financially unstable boy by the name Cho Kyuhyun for a good reason too. Cho Kyuhyun's a child genius. Perfect grades from the day he started schooling and excels in PE when he needs to though he displays no excellent skills in normal situations. Basically, you do well in everything. Even in PE when needed.", Changmin says in a matter-of-fact tone.

Kyuhyun blushes and bows his head. He quickly changes he subject.

"Umm. About my wound.. I'll just treat it on my own later."

"Were you insulted when I talked about your financial situation? If I have offended you, I am very sorry. Please don't disregard your wound because of my words.", Changmin says frantically.

"Oh! I wasn't insulted. Everyone knows I'm poor. I do too. It's just that.. Well. You seem determined to cut my uniform and I can't afford to buy another one, you see. So.... Thank you though, Pres."

"Look. Stop calling me Pres. Changmin is fine. And don't worry. I'll buy you the uniform. I'll buy you ten if you want. Let's just treat your wound."

"Are you pitying me Pr.. Mr. Changmin? Cause I'm fine. Or are you mocking me because I don't find it funny.", Kyuhyun says in a hard tone.

"Don't take my words the wrong way Kyuhyun-ah. And please drop the 'Mr.'. I just want to help you, okay? You do know that it's insulting for someone to reject someone's sincere help, right? Right?" Changmin says in a cutesy voice.

Changmin looks at Kyuhyun  and his heart soars in relief? Is it relief? All Changmin knows is that it's a nice feeling as he sees Kyuhyun starting to smile.

"I'm sorry, Pre.. I mean.. Mr. I mean Changmin...AH?" Kyuhyun says as he watches Changmin's disapproving expression from his first two mistakes change into a bright smile.

"It's Changmin-hyung for you Kyuhyun-ah."

Kyuhyun's eyes widen at the information. "Oh! Really?"

"Or you could call me 'Oppa' if you want." and Changmin adds a wink to his words which causes Kyuhyun to blush. Heavily.

"Hyung would be fine.", Kyuhyun says.

"Awww. And I was warming up to the 'Oppa' already.", Changmin teases.

Kyuhyun blushes in embarrassment and decides to change the subject. "Are you still going to treat my wound because I need to help out in the auditorium."

"I forgot!", Changmin says like the true dork he secretly is.

Changmin quickly treats the wound. After treating it, Kyuhyun makes a move of standing up but Changmin quickly places his hands on the other's shoulders, preventing him from any further movement.

Kyuhyun looks at Changmin questioningly.

"Look. Don't do anymore labor in the auditorium. You're hurt so you should rest your arm. Okay?" Changmin says.

Kyuhyun looks at Changmin, as if discerning him before nodding.

"I understand."

"I'll go to the auditorium myself and tell them."

Kyuhyun quickly holds Changmin's hands and Changmin was shocked by the sudden braveness and contact initiated by the oh-so-famous-shy Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun realized what he had done and he quickly takes back his hands before saying, "Umm.. Please don't. May you just make a letter saying I should be excused from work. I'l just hand it out to them. You've done enough. Thank you."

Changmin was about to protest when the door opens and popping out of  it is none other than Byun Baekhyun.

"Oppa?! I..." Baekhyun stops midsentence when he notices the scene right in front of him.

"Oh! Op.. I mean Hyung! I.. I see you're busy. I'll just wait for you outside then.", Baekhyun quickly says.

Changmin looks at Kyuhyun and sighs. "Alright. Go to the Student Council office. Tell Jongin to make the letter and make him sign it. I'll go there and sign it as well. So wait for me there, okay?"

Kyuhyun nods and rushes towards the door, past Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun-ah! Stop right there. You obviously have a reason for coming to the clinic because we both know that this is not the student council's office." Changmin says in a hard tone.

'Oh ! Oppa cannot find out that when I was about to take the stairs towards the student council, I saw a butterfly and followed it instead then I accidentally put my foot in a flower pot and ended up tripping on it, breaking it, and bruising my knee as I hit it on the broken shards of the flower pot. He'll surely kill me with his nagging and he won't let me out of his sight anymore, even though I'm in college already. And I even lost sight of the butterfly. Sniff. Better think up of a lie Baekhyun-ah.', Baekhyun quickly thinks to himself.

"Well.. Umm. I.. I went to the student council and the guy in there told me you were here in the clinic.", Baekhyun says.

"Stop lying Baekhyun. I know for a fact that Jongin, the only guy in my office, does not know that I'm here. So it's either you're lying to me or you're hurt. Again.", Changmin says in a matter-of-fact tone.

Baekhyun sighs and hangs his head in defeat. He quickly looks at Changmin with his puppy dog eyes and quickly explains his situation.

"Oppa-I'm-sorry-It's-just-that-I-was-on-my-way-to-see-you-just-like-Umma-told-me-to-do-so-and-just-like-how-you've-reminded-me-every-minute-last-night-but-you-see-I-saw-a-butterfly-and-I-couldn't-help-but-chase-it-It-went-the-other-way-and-I-wasn't-looking-at-where-I-was-going-and-I-ended-up-placing-my-foot-inside-a-flower-pot-and-tripping-on-it-then-hurting-my-knee-because-a-broken-shard-wounded-it-and-I-also-lost-sight-of-the-butterfly. I'm sorry, Oppa. Saranghaeyo.", Baekhyun says in a rushed voice and he only went back to the normal speed after he finished his explanation. He adds in a few bats of the eyelashes to calm his brother down.

Changmin, already used to this side of Baekhyun, sighs and ruffles his brother's hair. he quickly motions for him to sit and he takes Baekhyun's legs and treats his wounds.

"Aish! Baby Baek, next time, you should be careful. What would I do if you had a bigger wound and lost a lot of blood?", Changmin says.

"Oppa. You're exaggerating..", Baekhyun starts but as soon as he sees the expression on Changmin's face, he quickly sends him a smile and starts over. "Mianhae oppa. I'll be more careful from now on, okay? And I'm not a baby anymore. I'm already in college. How many times do I have to tell you that? If you keep on calling me 'Baby Baek', I'll stop calling you 'Oppa' and start practicing calling you 'Hyung' instead.", Baekhyun whines and pouts.

Changmin laughs because whining and pouting do not support Baekhyun's words at all. He quickly helps his brother up and says, "Arasso. Arasso. Come on. Let's go to my office. and Jongin's as well but who cares about him?" Changmin says and thinks.

"Alright.", And as Baekhyun says those words and heads towards the student council's office, something at the back of his head's telling him that nothing's gonna just be alright from now on.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

How was it? I first started with Changkyu's meeting and I hope it's fine. Kaibaek's meeting on Chapter 2. Everyone, please don't hate me or anything. I don't know anymore. :))

I seriously hope it's okay. I ate a lot of biscuits to stimulate my brain  (definitely not an excuse to just eat and be a fat cat or pig) and drank a lot of Coke bc Junhyung and I are seriously alike in that "Coke-addiction" aspect. Hehe. Please do comment and subscribe (if you haven't yet). ;)