Fifty Eight

Her Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh darling,” Eugene said, finally finding her voice.

She rushed forward and enfolded Dara in her arms.

“I’m so very sorry. How awful for you. I had no idea.”

 

Dara closed her eyes, absorbing the love and acceptance she’d been denied with Jae.

Her mom pulled away and gently a hand through Dara’s hair. “What about you being pregnant? When did you find out?”

 

“I went to the doctor this morning. Then I went to see Jae.”

“Dara, are you sure about this?” Hyungsuk asked. “I don’t believe for a moment that Jae doesn’t care about you. Think about what you’re doing here, honey.

Do you really want to throw everything away because of the way you met? I understand your anger and I take full responsibility. Jae never wanted to deceive you. It was me from the start.”

She had to take a moment as she battled tears. “He doesn’t like the real me. He thinks I’m flighty, irresponsible, impulsive, too trusting. He wants to change everything about me. How can you possibly think this is a man I’d want to be with? Is that really who you’d want your daughter married to? What would that teach my daughter if I stay with a man who doesn’t value me? How can I expect her to have any self-respect if her mother doesn’t?”

 

Her mother wrapped an arm around her shoulders and glared her husband down with furious eyes. “I can’t believe you did this, Hyungsuk. What in the hell were you thinking? You may as well have told your daughter that she doesn’t matter. You’ve pulled some stupid stunts in your time, but this takes the cake.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter