Hunger Pangs

Hunger Pangs

Your boyfriend sauntered into the kitchen at the sound of your voice calling him. His eyes widened at the sight of you lying on the ground in front of the refrigerator. The door was wide open and you were sprawled on the floor with an arm over your face. Your boyfriend immediately ran over to you and knelt by your side.

“Oh my god, what happened? Are you okay? Where does it hurt?” He fired off a million questions, his voiced laced with concern. He wanted to help you in any way he could, but he was afraid to touch you or move you in case you had a serious injury. You called his name once more barely suppressing a whimper.

“What’s wrong? Are you hurt?” He questioned again. It was killing him seeing you looking so helpless on the kitchen floor.

You moved your arm away from your face and looked up at him with a pout. “I’m hungry,” you whined. He stared at you dumbfoundedly. All of this commotion over an empty stomach? “That’s what this was all about?” He scoffed. “I was really worried, you know?”

You pouted some more. “But I’m hungry. And there’s nothing to eat.”

“You’re kidding, right?" He looked over at the fully-stocked fridge and then back at you. "You just went grocery shopping, like, two days ago. How can there not be anything to eat?”

You placed a hand on your stomach and sniveled, “I know, but now there are too many choices. I can’t decide what I want.”

He rolled his eyes and helped you sit up. “This girl,” he muttered as he peered at you with a slight smirk. “Fine; I’ll make you something to eat.” Your eyes lit up and a huge grin found its way onto your face.

“Really?!” you squealed and attacked him with a hug.

“Yeah,” he chuckled as you planted little kisses all over his face. “I’m actually feeling a little hungry myself. Go wait in the other room and I’ll bring you something.”

You shrieked in joy as you jumped up and ran into the living room to wait for your meal. Your boyfriend shook his head as he watched you leave. You could be so childish at times, but it was also when you were the most adorable. With a smile he got up and began preparing your meal.

It seemed like ages until he finally came into the living room with a steaming bowl in both hands. Your mouth began to water when he set the hot noodles in front of you; the aroma making your stomach churn with want. Your boyfriend had a triumphant smile on his face as he watched you admire the meal before you.

"Don't just stare at it," he insisted. "I worked really hard, you know."

Not having to be told twice, you dug in, barely pausing to blow on the noodles before stuffing them in your mouth. You moaned in delight as the rich flavors exploded in your mouth. You weren't sure if you were just really hungry or if your boyfriend was just a really good cook, but there was an of taste happening in your mouth and words couldn't even begin to describe it. With your cheeks full of food, you offered a bite to the man before you, who happily accepted. The both of you enjoyed the rest of the noodles in relative silence save for slurps and groans of satisfaction. As the bottom of the bowl came into sight the two of you sat back in your chairs, letting out matching sighs of content. It was a simple meal but it was made more enjoyable with the company of each other.

"Thanks," you offered after a quiet moment.

"No problem." He quickly waved it off. "But you owe me dessert now."

Darn. You were hoping to score a free meal without having to do anything in return. With a loud yawn, you made a big show of stretching as you stood up and hurried over to the couch. As you plopped yourself down you called out, "Man, I'm so tired I could fall asleep right here."

"Where are you going," your boyfriend questioned as he followed after you. Seeing you with your face buried in the cushions, he chuckled fondly and prodded you with his foot. "If you didn't want to do it, you could've just said so."

An unintelligible mumble sounded from the couch making the boy laugh once again. Shaking his head at your silly antics, he settled himself in the small space between you and the the back of the chair. It was an uncomfortable position, but it brought him closer to you, so he didn't really mind. Finally succumbing to the need to breathe, you turned your head toward the body next to you, a slow smile spreading into your face as you glimpsed your boyfriend's handsome face. He mirrored your smile and pulled you even closer, pressing you up against him.

"This is nice," he sighed. "Let's do this instead." Nodding in agreement, you snuggled closer still in his embrace as you let the quiet sounds of your breathing lull you both to sleep.