Chapter Twenty Two

The Moment We Miss Each Other

The small male turned the knob as he pushed the door open. To his surprise, there were four pairs of eyes were looking at him as soon as the door was ajar.

“Yoseob hyung!” Dongwoon excitedly exclaimed as he extended both of his arms, circling them around Yoseob smaller body. “I can see you and…” he furthered himself from Yoseob, touching the older shoulders and arms, an act of disbelief. “I can touch you,” Dongwoon beamed happily as he looked directly as Yoseob.

Yoseob was too shocked with Dongwoon sudden act. He blinked his eyes a few times as his mouth was open for quite a while. While Dongwoon was hugging and touching him, he tried to register what was happening in his brain as he looked at the other three pairs of eyes. Yoseob beamed automatically as he saw Kikwang eyes’ smile, Doojoon goofy grin and Hyunseung warm smile. He knew the moment that they predicted happened. At last, all of the Beast’s members could see him.

Junhyung smiled as Yoseob turned his face to him. He could see how happy the smaller guy was. The round eyes were blinking brightly like the countless stars in a clear night sky. The lips were apart largely, revealing the large beautiful smile that he always adored. In that short moment, he thought. I wish this moment can be forever.

“Yah maknae, enough with the touching,” Kikwang glared at Dongwoon, gritting his teeth, acting as if he was really angry although it was also obvious that he was just joking. “It’s my turn,” Kikwang lightly pushed Dongwoon away from Yoseob.

“Hyung,” Dongwoon whined as he pouted his lips.

Yoseob giggled as he saw the scenes. Dongwoon, despite being the largest, was obviously the maknae when they were together.

Kikwang was now standing in front of Yoseob. Kikwang gave Yoseob his usual adorable smile before he suddenly pulled Yoseob into his arms.

Yoseob was slightly surprised at first. But, he didn’t take a longer time to return the tight hug.

“I miss you, Yoseob-ah. I miss my best friend so much,” Kikwang whispered, with his shaking voice, obvious that he was trying to hold his tears. Kikwang tightened his hug as he said those words.

Yoseob was shocked when he heard Kikwang’s words. The memories of Kikwang told Junhyung to forget him flood his mind. He was struggling too. Yoseob thought. Then, the next memories of their first meet after he returned to the world came. Kikwang was the first Beast member he met after Junhyung and he remembered that he hugged Kikwang tightly because he missed him so much.

“Me too, Kikwang-ah. Me too,” Yoseob responded, murmuring and he too, tightened his arms around Kikwang.

Suddenly, Kikwang was forcedly pulled out of the hug. “That’s it!” Doojoon said while he was still holding one of the Kikwang arms. “Now, it’s my turn,” The leader complaint.

Yoseob immediately beamed even though tears started to gather at the end of his eyes. He was happy and touched. The precious people that he missed were now gathered in front of him, taking their turn to express their feelings. The precious people who previously were unable to communicate with him were now are able to touch him and see him. They could finally interact, face to face, make eye contact and look at each other facial expression.

Doojoon released his hold of Kikwang arm as the smaller actor glared at him. But, he didn’t really care either Kikwang was angry or not. He immediately turned to Yoseob, making eye contact as the little guy was also looking at him.

“Yoseob-ah,” he awkwardly started, now avoiding his eyes from Yoseob. He scratched at the back of his un-itchy head. He cleared his throat as he felt as if there was a lump in his throat, blocking him from talking.

Yoseob didn’t move his pupils away from Doojoon, waiting patiently. He knew it was hard for Doojoon to express his feelings. The leader, at first, didn’t even believe that the smaller returned. The leader, at first, thought that the vocalist’s scarf holding was just Junhyung’s trick. Being able to see him must be a very large shock to him and accepting the fact would be harder as well.

Doojoon took a very deep breath before he forced himself to look at Yoseob directly. “Yoseob-ah,” he restarted. “I’m sorry,” he managed to say. “I…” Doojoon paused again, thinking. He was not sure he was apologizing for which incidents as they were too many times where he hurt the smaller guy.

Yoseob smiled when Doojoon apologized, thinking that the leader must be talking about the previous incident when the leader accused Junhyung of lying. Yoseob shook his head, a sign of disagree. “Please, don’t be sorry. I might do the same thing if I were you,” he softly said with his warm smile.

Doojoon frowned as he heard Yoseob, confused. Doojoon was not sure either the smaller guy knew that he was trying to apologize for every pain the vocalist felt. Doojoon closed his eyes, squishing them for a second. He shouldn’t be wasting the time by being confused. Doojoon opened his eyes again, more determined now. “I promise, I won’t allow you to be hurt ever again,” he said as he looked directly in Yoseob clear bright eyes while holding the smaller’s shoulders firmly.  

Yoseob stared deeply at Doojoon unwavering and assuring look. The memory of when Beast first formed flew through his mind. This was one of the reasons they chose Doojoon as the leader. This guy won’t make empty promises and he was also truly reliable. Yoseob nod his head, a sign that he understood what Doojoon was trying to tell him.

Doojoon released his hold of Yoseob’s shoulder as he remembered that there was another person who was waiting. Doojoon turned his face to Hyunseung. “He is all yours now,”

Yoseob giggled. He could never be familiar with the members taking turn to just interact with him.

Hyunseung took a few steps closer to Yoseob as Doojoon moved away. “Yoseob-ah,” Hyunseung smiled warmly. “Welcome back,” The pretty guy gently hugged Yoseob, holding him warmly.

Yoseob tears immediately flowed out, making their ways to the smooth cheeks as he heard Hyunseung warm welcome. “I’m back,” Yoseob replied, crying in Hyunseung hold.

Junhyung felt as if his heart was tugged down as he saw Yoseob’s tears. Don’t cry, Seobbie. Don’t you know how painful it is for me to see you crying? Un be known to the rapper, Yang Yoseob, his precious lover knew that the older would feel miserable if the vocalist disappeared once again and was now regretting his action especially when he told his wishes and even asked the rapper to grant them.

*******************************

It was snowing lightly that day. The snow flake was seen softly fell from the cloudy sky directly on the balcony tiles. Yang Yoseob was staring far into the line in between the sky and the buildings of Seoul, deep in his thoughts. Cold windy breeze slid through his soft silky hair and softly blew on his face. He left the sliding doors opened, allowing the cold breeze to enter the living room while he stood right beside the sliding door, behind the flowing thick night curtains, protecting his body from the freezing weather yet allowing the breeze to touch his face. Still, he felt the cold thus he hugged himself, trying to withstand the low temperature.

He was currently alone at the house as all the other members were busy with their schedules. Junhyung was having a meeting with the directors, stylist and Cube’s president, talking about the concept for their album and music video. Doojoon and Kikwang would not be home for few days as they were shooting their drama outside of Seoul. Dongwoon had started joining variety show and recently he get an offer to be an MC for a music variety programme. Hyunseung had a script reading meeting for his new musical.

The vocalist sighed softly. It won’t be long till his real wish will be granted and he felt bad as that day was coming soon. He wished he could stop the time from flowing and just stayed in the current moment. It would be perfect if time will freeze now. The fair guy thought. Where everyone could see me as if I am still alive, and where Junhyung are doing the things he like the most without thinking of losing me. Now is such a perfect moment. Yet, I miss him. Yoseob closed his both eyes softly, raising his chin, trying to inhale deeper. He missed Junhyung so much even though they just separated few hours ago.

It had been few days the members could see him and since that time, he spent a lot of time with the members. So, Junhyung and Yoseob rarely got to be alone. When the members were working, Junhyung would be working as well and when the members were home, Junhyung would just allow the members to have fun with the joyous Yoseob. When the time they could be alone finally come, Junhyung would be too tired that he slept after a few empty chitchatting with Yoseob.

So, the young male, who was still shutting his eyes, missed his lover so much even thought they met every day and spent time together every night. He missed the warmness emanated from the larger male when they were close. He missed the soft kind yet warm touch the older male gave. It would be perfect if Junhyung was here now, circling his arms around Yoseob smaller body from the back, resting his hands on Yoseob’s abs, while the rapper rest his chin on the younger shoulder.

“Do you miss me?” Yoseob jolted when he heard the rapper’s whispers from his right ear. Immediately, he opened his eyes and turned his face to the source of the voice as he saw Junhyung eyes that were looking directly at him with his usual charming smile.

“You’re home?” Yoseob questioned, surprised and confused. “I thought you will come back after the sun packs his things and go back home,”

Junhyung chuckled at Yoseob silly metaphor of sun set down and also at the curious round eyes that were looking up at him. Gently, he tightened his embrace around Yoseob waist. “Things just finish faster than expected and I can’t wait to see you,”

“Why? You see me every day. You have any news to tell me?” Yoseob questioned, curious although he actually was hoping for some cheesy words coming out from those lucrative lips.

Junhyung noticed how Yoseob eyes shifted from his eyes to his lips. He curled a smirk and pecked the smaller lips. “I miss you,” He pecked Yoseob lips once again. “and I miss this,”

Yoseob looked away, blushing. He gradually smiled, liking Junhyung action towards him. This was more than what he expected anyway.

“Babe,” Junhyung called gently. “Aren’t you the one who need to tell me something?”

Junhyung was not stupid. He knew that Yoseob was hiding something from him and from the rest of the members since weeks ago. Yoseob would sometimes accepting his touch like just now but sometimes he would just avoid his touch as if something was burdening the smaller mind. Junhyung was actually waiting for Yoseob to tell him himself but today he just couldn’t wait as he saw Yoseob was standing alone, beside the gaping sliding door, facing the cold breeze of winter. He knew Yoseob was worried of something and he faced those worries alone.

Yoseob sighed. He could not keep this secret forever from Junhyung. The older male knew him inside out. “Junhyung-ah, my real wish will be granted soon,” Yoseob shifted his body around so now he directly faced Junhyung. He looked at Junhyung eyes which were waiting for his next words. “It’s actually a promise I made with your mom, on the day of your birthday, 5 years ago. Since I return to the world, I kept having the same dream over and over again,”

“I knew you were having nightmares,” Junhyung responded.

Yoseob shook his head. “They were not nightmares actually. I was scared of them because at first they were so blur that I can’t see anything but just heard a few words. The dreams were getting clearer each time I had them and they were actually my memories of that day, that moment when your mom came to our house, on the day of your birthday, 5 years ago,”

“I have no knowledge of that,” Junhyung replied.

Yoseob nodded his head this time. “I know. No one know actually as I was alone at home at that time,”

“So, what the promise is about? How is it related to your real wish?” Junhyung asked half-panicked. He just felt the urge to know the truth.

“She was worried of you at that time. Since you are a respected composer, she worried you would lost your touch as a songwriter and composer. Although I doubt you would,” Yoseob was determined when he said the last sentence, showing his confident in Junhyung’s talent. “So, I promise her that if one day, you really lost your touch or you are having problems writing songs, I will help you until the day your songs are performed on stage,”

“You are saying that once we perform the songs on stage, your wish would be granted?” Junhyung asked, confirming.

Yoseob nodded. “Yes,”

“Isn’t that is what you always want?” Junhyung asked.

Yoseob nodded again. “Yes,” he paused. “and,” softly and slowly, he said. “I need to return after that,”

“return where?”

“To the afterlife. That’s where I belong. That’s where I supposed to be,” Yoseob’s teary eyes looked into Junhyung eyes directly. “and I am scared that you would lost it again, Junhyung-ah. I can’t come again next time. I beg so much to return to this world when I saw how miserable you were. I used the promise I made with your mother as an excuse. For next time, I wouldn’t have any more excuses to return,” Yoseob started crying.