Page 2

Unspoken Diary

January, 16/2008

I saw him again today...he was smiling to me...he did, right??? I almost blinded by him...and it’s strange to think how all along this couple of days, I can’t take my mind off from him...I’m getting crazy...

“Alright then...” I summed up and flipped close the file back. Both of my parents exchanged stunt looks among them. My father turned again towards me and frowned.

                “Don’t you want to take some time??? Think over for it???” he asked but I replied him a shrug.

“Is there anything to be thought, appa??? You both chose this girl for me already...no matter under whatever reason it is, I’ll agree...it’s deal, then...” I curved up my eyes smile to them before I stood up.

“Yixing, wait!” my mother called out but I threw the file onto the coffee table and picked up my guitar bag again.

                “Good night!”

I simply waved my hand towards their way and cornered my legs around the room to go upstairs. I caught the sound of my parents sighing, they probably were shaking their heads too but I ignored it. Honestly, I didn’t really care about anything that they’d planned for me. If they wanted me to get married, well – let’s do it then. That was how my simple mind worked. I won’t trouble myself to put on much pressure inside me. Life was something that I should cherished and have fun with so who knows that I might actually enjoy this marriage? Yeah, maybe.

I thought absentmindedly as I kicked open the door of my room and walked inside. I put down my guitar bag on my bed and went to close the door again. Ruffling my hair lazily, I took off the sweater, giving some air to my body with only my tank top on and I walked over to my study table. Speaking of this table, it had been a long time since I used this for study – huh!

                “Hmmm...” I sighed and landed my on the chair. Spontaneously, my eyes landed on row of photo frames that arranged on the right side of the table. My eyes swept briefly over those pictures until I stopped on someone’s photo. I picked up the frame and brought it closer to me. An adolescent boy, standing inside his school uniform as he smiled broadly and showing his handy-peace sign to me. I chuckled; this was my brother – Zhang Wuchun. He wasn’t just a brother to me but he was more than that – best buddy and source of inspiration for all the time. If there was a person that I really envied, Zhang Wuchun was definitely that person.

Then I placed back the frame to its spot earlier and tapped my fingers on the table. I needed to do something right now. I thought before I snapped my curious eyes on the picture of my brother again. Yes, the song. I have to finish the song – his song. As the idea popped out inside my head, my hands were already reaching forward to a drawer below this table. I pulled it open and took out two piles of papers – a music note and just a plain A4 paper.

                “Okay...let’s start this...” as I mumbled, I spread the paper and music note onto the table. I wheeled the chair backward to reach for my guitar case and I zipped it off. Taking out my guitar, I rolled over to the table back and started to play soft, low tune from the guitar according to the notes written.

There’s a left kind of right,

There’s a blind kind of sight,

Looking at you...

There’s no light in the moon,

And it’s winter in June,

When I’m without you...

My eyes focused down on the paper next to the note as I reread those lyric. I had been reading them for over million times, almost every night but still – my mind was always stuck from trying to continue after this written lyric! Actually, this song was supposed to be composed by Wuchun but...I swallowed silently at the thought of him. Well, he died earlier before he managed to finish this song. I knew that he would be delighted if I can compose this song right until the end. I tried, for so many times but I did nothing more than to fail miserably – like now.

                “Aish!!!” I groaned, letting go of my guitar on my lap as I covered my face with my palms in frustration. Suddenly, my phone rang and I took it out from my pocket to give it an answer.

“Hello?”

                “Yo, Yixing ah!” Kris greeted me over the line and I rolled my eyes. “Hi...where are you right now??? Korea???”

“Seoul, specifically...em, actually I’ve been receiving calls from Kyungsoo...is he doing fine??? I thought about going to his place...care to come???” Kris offered to me and I dropped my eyes back on the unfinished lyric and music note. Assuming that I won’t get to finish them tonight, I slowly nodded to the phone like Kris could actually see me. I snorted.

                “Sure...I’ll meet you there, at his cafe...”

“Got it...” and I shut the line off. I stood up again, keeping my phone back inside my pocket and I let my palm hid inside there for a while as I stared emptily down to the paper. Let it be then...I concluded and grabbed away my sweater again before I walked leaving the room.

Please listen to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6pn1gGTjIc

I paced along the street casually; keeping my eyes fixed on the pavement and not bother to look around. Then I suddenly feeling bored so my hands reached up towards my headphone and I put it on my ears. My hands started browsing inside my mp3 player for any random song until I pushed the ‘play’ button on a track entitled Words That Shouldn’t Be Believed by Nell. Keeping my hands inside my pockets, I listened and eventually was drowning into the beautiful song.

I’ll always love you, I’ll always think of you, I’ll always remember you, I’ll always wait for you...

I’ll always remember you, I’ll wait for you forever...

I continued my journey towards Kyungsoo’s cafe while engrossing too much into the song until I didn’t realized that I was humming the lyric together as it played along. My legs kept on walking, step by step and I walked past a small building, a library – maybe. I didn’t pay any attention to my surrounding but I knew that there was a girl with long wavy black hair was standing before the front entrance of the library. I stole a quick glance to her – she had her arms full with books as she embraced them close to her chest. I ignored her and walked again.

Looking at myself in the mirror, is in between the time of filthiness and clear teardrops...

He who got burned off, is now in the darkened truth, and the pain hurts more so in his beliefs...

The words that shouldn’t be believed, the words that hurt when believed...

I know I want to believe it, but it’s the words that shouldn’t be believed...

Exactly at the time I closed my eyes and mumbled those last lines in the song, I was startled when someone ran beside me from behind and collided with my shoulder.

                “Yah!” I shouted, pulling down my headphone to my neck but I only managed to capture the figure of a man from behind. He was wearing all black from head to toes with a faded colored cap covered on top of his head. He ran at lightning speed as if he was chased after by someone. I paused on my feet and frowned when once again, I was shock by a scream.

“Yah!!! What are you doing??? Stop there!!!” another man was shouting and I tilted my head around to check on what was going on here. Then I caught sight of another man, wearing spectacle and he was running past me toward the man that bumped with me just now.

“What the heck???” I asked in dully but I watched the Tom and Jerry scene speechlessly. I just stood motionless by the street, not knowing what I was waiting for as two passersby walked in front of me. I overheard their conversation.

                “Poor that girl...the man just now snatched away her handbag...” a woman, walking side by side with her friend commented as they glanced sympathetically over their shoulders to look at someone. I followed their direction with my eyes and I stopped looking on the girl that I saw standing in front of the library earlier. She was now kneeling down to the road as she tried hard to gather all her books, splattering all over the ground around her. So, this was her. Her handbag was stole by the man just now so he might knock her down until she fell to the ground alongside with her books. I nodded, assuming the matter inside my head as I watched her. Then I heard those women just now continued to speak again.

“But it’s weird, don’t you think??? Her bag was stolen from her but she didn’t scream out for help...thanked God that the man just now saw it...”

                “Yeah...he chased after the thief...hopefully that he will get to catch him...”

That was right. I agreed with them and turned looking at the girl again. She was acting all strange. When you’re suddenly startled by a thief or somebody bad, your first reaction should be screaming for help, right??? But she didn’t – all that she did was waiting there, slowly picking up her books and acted like there was nothing stolen from her. I clicked my tongue and walked over to approach her.

As I took my steps, she was about to pick her last book and I bent down my body to take it inside my hand instead. She gazed up toward me, finally revealing her face and I blinked my eyes on her. I felt my body stiffened as I stared into those eyes. She had a pair of round and shining eyes as she peered up to me. Then I saw she straightened her body again as her eyes glanced questioningly on her book that I still held in my hand. I shrugged, gaining my consciousness back before I held out the book to her.

                “Here...” I said, stealing a quick glimpse back on the book – oh, no – it looked more like a diary rather than a book. She opened up her palm to me and I placed the diary there. Then she bowed down, a sign of thank you as I shook my head.

“It’s nothing...but I guess you better call for police...report everything that happened to you now...who might know what will happen to the man just now...he might get hurt by the thief in his attempt to save your bag for you...” I suggested to her, mentally confused when I cared for this strange girl out of nowhere. She blinked her eyes to me, biting her lips for a minute before she nodded. I nodded back and walked away.

Two steps forward before I stopped when I felt my sneakers tapped on something. I stopped walking and looked down. As I removed my foot, I saw a piece of paper there, lying on the road. I narrowed my eyes on it and bent down my body to pick it up. When my hand flipped back and forth on it, I recalled the girl’s diary that I had collected for her just now. Thinking that this paper might slip out accidentally from her diary, I turned around to give it back to her.

“Em...miss!” I called and stopped. I spotted her there, already running towards a black car that parked across from this road. I sighed and crumpled the paper inside my hand. I decided to drop the matter but strangely, I kept the paper securely inside my pocket.

“So...how was your work???” Kyungsoo asked Kris when he put down two glasses of juice in front of Kris and me. I grinned to him, mouthing the words ‘thank you’ and started to sip on it. Kris chuckled.

                “As per usual...why do you call me so often??? I feel like being chase by my secret admire...” Kris joked around on his comment but Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and I choked on my drink, I wanted to laugh.

“Nothing...I thought that it’s rare for our friends to meet together nowadays so I thought about finding some time, going out for a holiday...” Kyungsoo told him, not even laughing on his joke earlier. I raised an eyebrow.

                “So that’s it??? That was the matter than you wanted so bad to discuss with everyone???” I guessed to him and Kyungsoo nodded.

“Yup! So what do you both think??? The rest of us had already decided on it...they agreed to go together...if both of you are fine with it, then we can choose the place later...” he added but Kris frowned. I knew that he was reviewing his schedules over the upcoming weekends. Kyungsoo changed his eyes to me and I shrugged.

“You know that I am, always free...” I informed him and he sighed in relief, shifting his eyes back on Kris. “So what about you???”

Our conversation was suddenly interrupted when we heard the sound of the bell ringing on top of the cafe’s main door. Kyungsoo groaned and stood up around the bar table.

                “I thought the sign is ‘CLOSED’!” he exclaimed but then we heard the footsteps of someone as that person walked into the cafe.

“Who is it???” Kris asked curiously, tilting his head to a side and I followed his gesture too. Next, my eyes widened when I saw a girl stopped walking next to our table. She trailed her eyes to Kyungsoo, Kris and lastly stopped exactly on me. I knew what she was thinking, she recognized me the way I knew her – Seo Joohyun.

Kyungsoo exchanged weird look from the girl to Kris and me while I tried to open my mouth, asking how on Earth she did showing up here but she spoke first.

                “Zhang Yixing sshi...” she called out my name, instantly making Kris and Kyungsoo to turn looking at me confusedly. I bit my lips and frowned to her.

“What are you doing here, Seo Joohyun sshi???” I asked her back. My voice sounded plain even though this was the first time we ever met and talked to each other. She sighed as I saw her gulping down her uncertainty.

“We need to talk...” she said but Kyungsoo raised up his hand high. “Wait up...what is this all about??? Who is she, Yixing ah??? What is she doing bursting into my cafe even when I put up the ‘CLOSED’ sign???”

Kyungsoo was still feeling agitated about it. I shrugged but shook my head. Seohyun narrowed her eyes to me as I shifted uncomfortably on my seat. Kris was staring at me with an obvious question mark drawn on his face, clearly seeking for an explanation and I grinned to them. Clearing my throat, I said,

                “Everyone, meet Seo Joohyun sshi...em...my...future wife...” I announced and Seohyun turned around to bow at Kris and Kyungsoo. They both blinked their eyes dumbly.

“SERIOUSLY???!!!”

To be continued...

Thank you to the new subscribers! I know that everyone is waiting for Krystal to show up...yes, she will soon! So wait up and leave your comment please?