Dreams Into Reality

Third Year Surprise

When you and Minho got to the airport that morning it was only 8 o’clock, so you had a few hours to kill before your plane would be arriving.

The morning went past by a breeze; you woke up like normal, did your average morning routine and ate some breakfast before leaving for your romantic weekend.

But something was wrong with Minho; every man that so much as looked at you would immediately receive a death glare by him.

You didn’t think much of it though; you figured that he’s just being like this because of his nightmare last night.

You: Oppa, can we look around the airport? I want to see what the shops are like here.
Minho: Hm? Oh, sure thing. Our plane won’t be here until another 4 hours.
You: Eh?! It’s delayed that much?
Minho: Ne, come on, let’s go shopping.

Who would have thought that an airport could be this much fun? You and Minho spent over 3 hours walking around, shopping and enjoying your time together. You came across a little store in a corner, not many people were in there, when you walked in you were met by the smell of chocolate, you looked around to see that you were a shop that sells stuffed animals and makes chocolates.

It was the most adorable shop ever and it was run by an old Korean lady, she was very nice and had the most beautiful smile you had ever seen. After buying some chocolate you went to look at the stuffed animals.

You found a stuffed frog and instantly thought of Minho in a frog outfit while they were filming ‘Hello Baby’ you giggled slightly at the memory.

Minho: What’s so funny?
You: I was just thinking about you and Yoogeun; you think we’ll ever have a family?

Minho chuckled, and slowly went down on one knee; you looked at him in pure shock.

Minho: I wanted to wait until we were in Hawaii… But Laura, will you marry me?

Your heart felt as if it was about to explode and come out of your ribs all together, you could barely speak but you managed a feeble ‘yes’. Minho stood up again and smiled brightly; he put the ring on your finger and watched as you did the same.

Minho: I really do love you Jagi.
You: I-I love you too, Oppa.

You felt as if you were walking on clouds, the feeling was indescribable, you could hardly believe it was happening and you were waiting to wake up and face the disappointment.

But you didn’t wake up, this was real. Minho proposed. You were his fiancée. It was all real.

By now, it was time for the passengers to board the plan; you both hurried and luckily were the first people to get on the plane. You were full of happiness, but Minho on the other hand was troubled, not because of what he did, he was over the moon that you agreed. He was troubled because he noticed something. A man to be exact. A man wearing sunglasses and a business suit, he had seen him around a lot, and thought it was just a coincidence, until he saw him in the same places you both went, watching and following you.

How badly he wanted to go and punch him in the place for ‘stalking’ you, but he knew he couldn’t, he knew it would just attract unwanted attention and your romantic weekend would be completely ruined.

‘Who is this man? What does he want?’ was the only thing Minho was thinking about, he couldn’t let him get anywhere near you, he had to protect you, he had to make sure his dream would stay a dream and not become reality.

You took your seats on the plane and Minho noticed the man sitting just three rows in front of you. You were nervous, you never told Minho before but you didn’t like planes, you always felt uneasy and would feel as if it would crash.

While one of the stewardesses went through the guide on how to react if the plane did crash, Minho’s attention was on the man. He noticed him make a hand sign, as if it was some sort of signal.

The next thing he knew, the man stood up along with four other men, each other them wielding a gun, the man closer to the door locked it and grabbed the stewardess.

It all happened so suddenly, Minho was still trying to figure out what happened; within a mere second his attention was brought back when he heard you scream. He looked up and saw the man holding you by the arm with the gun placed to your head.

Minho: LAURA! Let her go you bastard!

He ran his finger over her ring and slipped it off, putting it into a bag that was full of other jewellery and money that the passengers had on them.

Minho looked to your face, it was scared and covered in tears, he could feel his heart break, and he got weak in the knees. He had to stop this. He had to make sure you stayed safe and was not touched by that filthy man.

The only question was ‘how’? how could he save you and the others without anyone getting shot?