Abandoned

Cocktail

Changmin clears the customs and heads for the baggage claim. After watching other people reach for their bags whilst his own aren't anywhere in sight for a good ten minutes, he decides to move to the front a little, as if that would help. But it does, for some weird reason. He reaches for his bags and heads out towards the exit, anxious and excited to meet his husband for the first time after their marriage five months back.

Theirs was an arranged marriage but it wasn't against either of two men's wishes either. Changmin had met Yunho on several occasions to know that the other was a gentleman and very kind-hearted. Yunho had been working in Japan for the past five years but he visited his family at least twice a year. The Jungs liked to celebrate their son's visits by throwing parties and The Shims were always invited because of their business relations. That was how Changmin had first met Yunho a few years back. They hadn't had a chance to talk much but Changmin liked to think he was good at observing people and even with only minimal words passed between the two individuals, he knew Yunho was a good son.

So when his parents proposed the idea of marrying him into The Jungs, he didn't oppose because he didn't have a reason to. He hadn't been in any sort of relationship previously but he had a feeling this was just right. Therefore, the two had gotten married during Yunho's next visit which was rather short and Yunho had to leave the next day, promising to send for Changmin as soon as he could.

Now, here he was in Tokyo, Japan, at last. And very much looking forward to start his married life together with Yunho.

With a soft smile on his face, Changmin reaches the gates with bags in tow and looks around for his husband. He figures the other man must be running a few minutes late so he waits patiently.

Half an hour later and there's still no signs of Yunho. Changmin no longer has the smile on his face and is now, rather cold, too. He decides to give Yunho a call but when the phone rings endlessly for the third time, he gives up and gets an airport cab. The heated automobile does wonders to his shivering body and he takes a moment to feel warm before he voices out the address to Yunho's apartment. Thankfully the driver understands his half-failed attempt at speaking Japanese.

The ride doesn't take too long but it gives enough time to Changmin to think about why his husband hadn't shown up.

Did Yunho have the flight information wrong? But he had spoken to the other two days ago to confirm his time of arrival.

Maybe he got stuck at work with something. Yeah, that could be it.

He didn't know what he would do by going to Yunho's apartment, considering the other probably wouldn't be home, but it would be better than to continue waiting at the airport gates and getting stared at by bypassers. It'd make him extremely uncomfortable in the new city. His thoughts are brought to a halt as the cab driver stops the automobile and tells him the destination has arrived. Changmin looks out the window at the two tall buildings standing adjacent to each other and suddenly he starts feeling very nervous. He doesn't know why but it must be the anticipation, he tells himself.

He gets out of the car and grabs his luggage after paying the driver. Letting out a huge breath, he walks towards the door and enters the building. Changmin soon spots the sign that tells where the elevators are and before he knows it, he's standing outside Yunho's. Silently sending prayers to anyone listening up above that Yunho be home, he rings the bell.

No answer.

He listens carefully for any movement on the other side but there's none. He rings the bell once more.

Changmin closes his eyes in mild frustration, knowing Yunho is not home. He fishes his cell phone out and tries the number again but to no avail. A quick glance at the time tells him it's just past seven in the evening. He does not want to call anyone in Korea because he does not want them to worry, needlessly. Thus, he crouches down outside the door and hopes to see any signs of Yunho, soon.

-----

Wake up! Hey, wake up!!

Changmin hears a faint voice call him but he isn't able to grasp the reality just yet.

He is shaken this time and a second later, he jolts awake and meets the intruder's prying eyes.

Yunho.

He sits there for a moment before it all comes back to him and he quickly gets up.

"Yunho - " he begins before he is cut off.

"What do you think you're doing?" Yunho grits out.

Changmin's head snaps up at the irritation he hears in slightly smaller man. He is confused and his mind is a bit disoriented. "I - I was waiting for you. You didn't come to pick me up and weren't answering your phone either."

"So you came all the way over to my place to check on me?" the other accused. "You have no right!"

"Yunho, what are you saying? You knew I was coming so why are you behaving like this?" Changmin really has no idea what is going on. All he knows is that he doesn't want Yunho to keep looking at him like he is a nuisance.

Yunho rolls his eyes and let out an exasperated sigh. "Look, we can't do this." He rubs his temple in annoyance as he says - "I want to have nothing to do with you. I only married you so my parents would get off my back and just leave me alone. I am sorry I am dropping this on you suddenly but that's the truth."

Changmin is rendered speechless. His mind is unable to process the news and he can feel someone painfully digging a knife in his heart but he can't do a thing about it so he just stands there and lets it bleed. He doesn't say a word because he doesn't know what to say or do, for that matter. He can feel tears beginning to pool in his eyes but none spill out.

“I – I don’t understand, Yunho. I mean, I thought you were okay with this marriage?” Changmin somehow manages to ask.

Yunho’s lips pulls back in a sneer. “Okay? My ! If it wasn’t for their threat to let me get my hands on the inheritance only if I got married, I wouldn’t have ever even considered the very idea of doing that.”

They are momentarily interrupted by Yunho’s phone going off. Yunho turns around after seeing the caller ID to answer the call and Changmin can hear a – “Hey babe! I am at my place. See you in a half hour?” before he tunes the conversation out and thinks about how all this has taken a complete turn for the worst. He had never thought this could ever happen to him because let’s face it; this is full-on movie material that young girls watch with their young girlfriends with a tub of ice-cream and a box of tissues, late in the night. Changmin wants to make that call back home he initially hadn’t but he knows his parents wouldn’t care much because they wouldn’t want to do anything to tarnish the business relations with The Jungs.

Once again, he’s brought back to reality when Yunho snaps his fingers in front of his face. He shakes his head and hears Yunho say – “As I was saying, this between you and me, just can’t happen. Besides, I am guessing you won’t be much upset considering you’ve wanted to get out of your parents’ for the longest time. It’s a win-win situation for the both of us. You get your freedom and I get my money.”

Changmin doesn’t know what to say to that because it is partially true. He has always wanted to move out of his parents’ house after his father got re-married. His new mother isn’t a nice or a loyal person and he had found that the day he’d walked into the kitchen and saw her entangled in the arms of the butler. She still doesn’t know he’d seen her and he’s kept quiet throughout the years because he had never seen his father so happy; not even with his birth mother. Changmin looks at the man standing opposite him and thinks how wrong he was in thinking he was a good judge of character. Clearly, Yunho had done a much better job than him.

“Where will I go, Yunho?”

"I don't care where as long as you say nothing about this matter to anyone. Get it? In a few weeks, you’ll be able to get your residency papers and I’ll be free from this." Yunho glances at his watch. “Anyway, I got someone coming over so you have to leave now. Also, I am only going to say this once so listen carefully. Never come here again. I got a reputation around here and I don’t need people asking me about something that doesn’t exist.”

Changmin watches Yunho turn around and take out his keys to unlock his apartment. Just as he is about to enter, he turns around and says - "Goodbye, Changmin."

Yunho walks inside and shuts the door.

Changmin legs give out instantly and he falls against the wall.

What is he going to do now?

 

 

 

*--*--*

A/N: Poor Changmminie T_T I can't believe I made my bias to be an a$$hole, lol xD Please leave me comments on what you think and also let me know if there's any mistakes. I didn't get this beta'd.