Final

I Love You, Can't You See That?

YOUR POV

I woke up early in the morning because of this annoying phone call that was distacting my beautiful and calm sleep. Getting the phone from the bedside table, I checked the caller ID and it so happened to be my freakishly handsome bestfriend, Kim Jongin AKA Kai. I smiled to myself and answered the call.

"Yah, do you know what time it is?" I said in my extemely unattractive sleepy voice. 

"Aigoo, it's good I called early so I can get your lazy up from your bed." he teased. 

"Yah ppali, what do you want?"

"I need your help!" he asked happily.

"Aish, again? With what?"

"Come to Myeondeoung to come shopping with me?"

"WAAAAAAEEE! I'm sleepy, I stayed up late to help you study and now you wake me up soo early so I can go shopping with you? You're really something you know that?"

"Please my pretty bestfriend?" he asked in his cute aegyo voice.

"Aigoo, fine." 

"YAYYYYYYYY! Be ready before 9 ok? I'll pick you up! 

"Neh neh" 

I finally got up from bed and looked at clock that was on the bedside table and it read 8:15am. I meantally groaned to myself because it was soo early and I was forced to go shopping with that douchebag. I quickly went into the shower and once that was done, I wrapped a large bathrobe around my petite body, blow dried my dark brown hair and curled it in loose waves. After that, I took off my bathrobe and dressed in a plain white shirt tucked into a simple black skater skirt and to top it off with a light washed denim jacket with a taupe shoulder bag and leather boots. Once I was happy with how I looked, I checked the time and it read 8:57am. Right timing or what? I was immediatly distracted from my thoughts when I heard a beep from outside and I knew that was my indication to leave. I walked out from my apartment and saw Jongin's car waiting patiently for me. I walk towards the car and opened the door and set foot in it. 

"Hey ______, thanks for coming with me, I really owe you one." 

"You bet your you do." 

"HAHAHAHA, ok let's go?"

"KAJAAAAA!"

And that was Kai's cue to start driving. The ride was very lively as Kai and I were singing loudly to the radio music and dancing wildly. We stopped immediatly once we were at Myeongdeung. We stepped out from the car and started walking to the very bright looking stores.

"Kai? What are we gonna buy here?"

"Aaah, I want a buy a gift for someone."

"Ooh, who may I ask is that gift for Kim Jongin?"

"Well.."

He rubbed the back of his neck and blushed a little.

"I want to buy something for this girl I like and I want to confess to her soon."

My heart just went five times faster in speed and I was starting to get all giddy. I smiled up to him and asked,

"And who's the lucky girl?"

"It's EunHee"

My smile faded and I heard my heart crack just a little. 

"Oh, the new girl from school right?" my voice shaking slightly.

"YEAH! She's soo pretty, humble, adorable and smart, like that's just perfect. So yeah anyways, that's why I brought you here with me, to buy something for her because God knows I can't pick girl stuff."

"Yeah, of course i'd help you, you're my bestfriend afterall." I said as I tried to hide the sadness from voice. 

"Great! Well, let's start shopping!"

I could tell he was really excited to buy something for her and I didn't want to sadden him so I just went along with it by pretending to be happy and excited like he was. We went into this very pink and vibrant store which had accessories and clothes and all those other girly things. And as I was walking around, something caught my eye, an infinite bracelet that said love on the inside of it. It was something important to me.  

Kai went over to where I was and saw what I was looking at. His eyes brightened.

"_____, that's perfect, that's what I should get for her. OMG thank you soo much Miss Beautiful." he said and hugged me tightly while repeating his word of thanks to me. 

I fought back the urge to cry because the bracelet was something that reminded me of what he gave to me and he was giving it to EunHee. Teary eyed, I hid it by hugging him back and said that he was welcome. 

We went to the cashier, payed for the bracelet and asked if she can put it into a pretty box for him which the cashier gladly did. After that we exited the happy store and just strolled around for abit. He suddenly asked me,

"Do you wanna go somewhere before we head back home?"

I shook my head as a no.

"Ok then, let's get back to your house ok?"

I just nodded, not in the mood to speak. 

We went back to his car and the once lively atmosphere turned into a very awkward silence that nobody dared to break. I just kept my head down, played with my fingers and just thought to myself. 

And as for Jongin, he was completly oblivious to my silent behaviour and just went with the flow. 

I looked up when I felt the car come to a complete stop. We went up to my doorstep along with Kai and just stood there for a couple of seconds before saying,

"So yeah, good luck with the confession for tomorrow Kai. See you later ok? Bye."

Kai knew something was up because I never called him Kai unless I was mad or sad at him. I always called him Jongin or something insulting. 

"Hey _____, you alright? Did I do something?" 

"Kai, you did nothing, it's just me. Now go home ok?"

"______, I know something's wrong, you never call me Kai."

"Jongin, i'm alright."

"No you're not, I know you too well, now tell me what's wro-"

"OK DO YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU WHAT'S WRONG?!" I snapped at him 

He was shocked with my sudden reaction. 

"WHAT'S WRONG IS THAT I KEPT MY FEELINGS BOTTLED UP FOR YOU BECAUSE I WAS SOOO SCARED THAT YOU'LL JUST BREAK THE FRIENDSHIP OFF AND THAT YOU'LL NEVER TALK TO ME. WHAT'S WRONG IS THAT I FELL IN LOVE WITH YOU YET I KNEW I HAD NO CHANCE WITH YOU. I WAS THE IDIOT IN BELIEVING I HAD A CHANCE WITH YOU. IM SOOO ANGRY AT MYSELF FOR NOT BEING STRONG ENOUGH TO LET YOU GO IN THE PAST EVEN IN THE PRESENT. I NEVER DARED TO SAY I LOVED YOU BECAUSE-"

I calmed myself a little. 

"Because I knew I wasn't good enough for you." 

Kai was just silent the whole time you bursted at him and didn't dare utter a word for he was just shocked with what was just said. 

I sighed before saying, 

"I knew it would turn out like this Kai. This is why I didn't say something."

I turned back to go inside my apartment but I was held by Kai's hand. 

"_____, i'm sorry. I just dont know what to sa-."

I quicky interrupted him,

"Save it Kai, I knew from the start, I was just the idiot that thought that we had a chance." 

I slowly retreated from his grip and walked away from him. 

"_____, I love you too but just as-"

"A friend, I know Kai, I know, even if it hurts I have to accept that fact forever." I said still facing the door. 

"I knew from the very beginning that I started to fall in love with you, that I wasn't the girl you dreamed of and that i'll forever be your bestfriend. I accepted that a long time ago. Now that my nightmare of this happening actually happened, just hit me straight through the heart. And now I am definitely certain that we will never be what I wished for. To be together."

That was my cue to go inside my apartment and ignore his pleads for me to stop. 

I didn't even change out of my clothes and just bawled my eyes out while laying on the bed face down. 

The words that pierced my heart. 

I love you Kim Jongin, my bestfriend

 

Author's Note:

WOW! My first oneshot. It really bad didn't it?

But please comment and give me feedback on this please! 

Author-nim loves you! 

BYE! 

<3