Is It Real Love?

Is It Real Love?

Is it real love?
Is it real love?
ijen na geobina
sangcheo badeulkka bwa
Baby is it real love?
Is it real love?............

“Why did you stop?” , I asked through a note.

He reaches it and read.

“There’s something I want to do. Something that’s more fun. It’s boring here in the house”. Baekhyun said.

“Tell me specifically what you want to do tonight”. I passed again a note to him.

Baekhyun read it then looked up at the ceiling, showing that he’s deeply thinking. He looks so cute in that way. It makes me love him more.

“Aha! Let’s go for an ice cream!! Do you agree? Do you?”

He looks so pleased while saying that. And he knows that I won’t say no when he start to gaze like that.  So I nod.

“Yey! Channie I’ll just change my clothes and you should too.”

He leaves my room quickly and happily like a little child excited to go out with his father. His smiles; yeah I really love those smiles but they’re now weren’t like before. I know, I see, I feel even he won’t show. It’s already a year ago since he lost his ability to hear due to an accident. He got hit in the head when a group of bastard tripped on me. He tries to protect me but in the end, I’m the one who wasn’t able to defend him. Because of me, he had to stop singing. He just hides all his hurts and act like nothing happened. He don’t want to show that his affected but inside, he’s crying. I never leave him since then. I know he needs me more this time.  

“Hey Mr. Park Chanyeol, so what in the world are you thinking of for you not be ready yet? Just about 30 minutes have passed and you remain sitting like that. Hurry up and change!” he yelled to me.

“I’m sorry” I signed.

“Ok go! I’ll just wait you there downstairs. Don’t make me wait for so long, you know I hate it.”

He leaves then but with a smile now.

 

                                                            **********

 

“Whoooaaahhh! This is so delightful. Vanilla-Choco is really a perfect blend. I want more.”

I take out a pen and paper and write:

"We can buy more if you finish that one. I know you eat so slow and few".

I show it to him.

“Hey, I’m not. Look, I can finish this within a minute.” He replied boastfully.

And he proves it. He eats like a starving lion that haven’t eat for a year. I can’t help myself and burst a laugh.

“Why are you laughing Chanyeol?”

He gives me a bad look but I still laugh coz I want to madden him more. I just shake my head as my answer. But he looks more angrily.

“Hmmmm. I just go home. Your pissing me off Chanyeol.” He said then turns his back and walk away.

I stop laughing. I guess I really upset him. He’s already a meter away. He walks so fast. I suddenly feel scared. I should not let him go farther. My feet automatically move like it has its own life. I run toward him. He doesn’t even look back so I rush and as I reach him, I hug him from the back; so tight that even the air can’t pass between us.

“I’m sorry. Please don’t go. Don’t walk, don’t move, don’t leave.” I whispered to him even I knew he could not hear me.

“Don’t ever walk away from me again. Never go too far, even an inch. I felt scared. I don’t want you to feel alone again. I always felt sorry for what happen to you. I know that I should not be but I cannot help but blame myself. If I could just turn back the time, I will never let this happen to you. I see how you love singing, how you love music and it hurts me the fact you can never do it all again. I’ll never see you as a responsibility, believe me, never. I stay coz I want to; no, coz I love you.” I confess.

He left from my clasp and faced me. He caresses my face and gives me a kiss on my cheek. His eyes were starting to shed. He kiss me now on my forehead and then on my lips. This time, I feel that we own the world. That only the two of us exist in this planet and designed to love each other. We’re not even giving a to where we at this moment.

“You know that I don’t hear what you said just now. But I feel it, through your breathing while you’re confessing it all in my ear. I’ll never ever leave you Channie. How can I leave the person who teased, tripped and pissed me off all the time? How can I turn my back to the person who never leaves me when my world shut into silence? You took good care of me. I was so grateful for that and for having you. I can’t overcome my fears and burden if it’s not because of you. I chose to live once more coz of you. I love you so much Channie. I really am”

With the last sentence he said, I let my tears rolled freely on my face. I love him so much that there’s nothing in this world could change it. The stars and the moon tonight are our witnessed of our feelings; of our love; of our vows.

“I- l-o-v-e- y-o-u- m-o-r-e- B-a-e-k” I uttered slowly.

He smile and cuddle me. I hug him back more closely. We loosen each other with a smile. We walked and sat on the beach road. The starry night is the most beautiful scenery this time.  Baek start to sing...

 

 

Is it real love?
Is it real love?
ijen na geobina
sangcheo badeulkka bwa
Baby is it real love?
Is it real love?
neodo ttokgatjanha
maeumeul yeol suga eobseo nan………

This song, I can still recall. I was hanging on my favorite place in the campus, when I heard someone singing. I sought where the voice came from is. That’s when I met Baek.  He immediately captured my heart, I don’t know why. I befriended him and until now we’re together. Each time he sings this song, he was like speaking to me. I felt his heart on every line he said.

geurigo niga nae sarangigireul maeil gidohae
sarangbodan nan niga ganjeolhae
geurigo niga nae sarangigireul maeil gidohae

 

The time when I thought I’m about to lose him, that’s the time I reckoned that I love him. I was petrified but still holding on a piece of hope that he will remain with me. And GOD answered my prayer. We’re living well and pleased with each other. My flashbacks cut when I feel his head on my shoulder. I sing with him.

Me:  I never say goodbye
I never say goodbye
I never say goodbye
niga malhagi jeonen


 

Baek:  You never say goodbye
You never say goodbye
You never say goodbye
ijen

 

He still never fails to hit the right pitch. He always said that, “it’s not just the mouth that sings it also the heart. You never get off of the tone if you let your heart to sing.” And at this moment, it’s our hearts singing and building perfect harmony; harmony of love.

 

yaksokhaejwo
I’m the only one for you…

 

“You didn’t sing it well again!” he accused.

“Hey! I sing it very well ok! Better than yours. Hahaha” I wrote it again on a paper.

“ Better than mine? I don’t think so. You can’t beat me in singing. I’m a pro. Haha” he proudly claimed.

“Oh really? Ok fine, I’ll let you win this time. Can we go home now? I’m really hungry!.” with all uppercase letters.

“Hahaha. Ok let’s go. I’m starving too actually. Let’s eat pizza on our favorite resto. Then let’s have soju after. Is it fine with you?”

“Ok fine. I don’t think I can refuse coz you’re the Boss. Let’s go” another note from me.

We walk while holding-hands like teenage couple. I feel safe and sound whenever I hold his hand. Like, I can protect him this way. Every minute and second, I guaranteed to make it special for him. I’m the one for him and I’ll promise that he’s the one for me. “Is it real love?” ………. Yes it is. Not just real but pure.