Chapter One: The Romanticists

The Romantic and Idol [Season 3]

May 5th, 2014. Two weeks before broadcast:


tumblr_m7k5xztJZU1qehoyoo1_250.gif

Sohyun peeked into the small meeting room labeled "Girl romanticists, welcome!"

"Hello, Sohyun-sshi." The PD greeted the young girl.
Sohyun bowed with a smile,  "Annyeonghaseyo~4minute's maknae Sohyun imnida!"
The PD returned the smile.
"Nice to meet you Sohyun-sshi. Please take a seat."

Sohyun followed the PD's directions and looked at the paper in front of her that explained everything about the program. The PD-nim smiled and went more in depth.

"Sohyun-sshi, have you ever watched 'The Romantic and Idol'?" he asked. 
"Neh," she thought for a moment. "Jihyun unnie and G.NA unnie went on the show for the past two seasons." she laughed. "Both of them keep texting me things like, "How is it so far?", "Did you pick your place yet?", "Who else is on the show?". They're really interested in how I'll do." 

The writers laughed as the next question was asked. 
"What was your motive for joining this program, and what is your ideal type?" 

Sohyun paused for a moment in thinking. "Truthfully speaking, I have more interest in making friends and having funs with the people I meet rather than falling in love. But since you asked for an ideal type..." she smiled slightly. "I like boys who don't have double eye lids...and the more "bad boy" type." 
The writers continued to prod her.
"Anyone in specific?"

Sohyun took some time to think it over again before hesitantly answering.
"I don't know if I should answer this but..." she laughed. "Teen Top's L.Joe!" 
"He seems to fit [my ideal type] quite well, but he's also really sweet." she continued with a smile.

The PD exchanged glances with each other before nodding. Sohyun didn't notice a thing.
"Neh, okay. Thank you for your time. We will see you in a bit."

Sohyun bowed. "Neh, kamsahabnida!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tumblr_mkdqh6TjhR1qb7f7zo2_r1_250.gif

Daehyun entered the room happily, bowing to the staff as he did so. 
"Annyeonghaseyo~BAP's Jung Daehyun imnida! Please take care of me well!" he greeted. The writers smiled at his cute gestures.
"You seem quite nervous, Daehyun-sshi." the PD commented jokingly as the boy sat down. Daehyun looked up with a grin. 
"Can you tell? Is it that obvious?" he asked.
"Truthfully speaking, this is the first program that I've come out on alone. Not to mention it's a ROMANTIC program!" he exclaimed. "I'm not very good at these kind of things and I'm a bit worried for myself." he chuckled.
The staff laughed. "Don't worry, Daehyun-sshi. As long as you follow your heart, you should be fine."

Daehyun laughed in response. "Neh? I've watched the other two seasons, and the people who followed their heart ended up unhappy." he joked. 
"Aniyo, I'm just kidding. I will be doing this program completely honestly." he nodded.

"Arrasoyo Daehyun-sshi. Well then, what is your motive for this program, and what is your ideal type?" they asked. Daehyun twirled his pen and thought for a moment. 
"I really like girls who have a sweet image." he explained. "And as for my motive, isn't it quite obvious? I feel that whoever comes on this program will understand that it's with the intention of really being able to experience romance." he said. 
After a moment of silence, he bursted out laughing. "Aniyo, never mind~! I'm just being too cheesy." he laughed, covering his face with his hands. The PD laughed and shook his head.

"Don't worry Daehyun-sshi, cheesiness is what will help you in this program." he said teasingly. "Thank you for your time, we hope that your motive will be fulfilled!"
Still red-faced, Daehyun got up and bowed. "Neh, thank you!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tumblr_m7fd4iuzii1rsskhm.gif
Juniel walked into the empty room and greeted the VJ's, PD and writers.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Juniel imnida~"

The interview continued in the same manner as the one before.
"Have you ever seen 'The Romantic'? " the writers questioned. Juniel responded with a shake of her head. 
"No I have not. But I know that Jonghoon-sshi and Hyejeong, who are from my company, had been on it. I wasn't able to really ask them much about their experiences, but I believe that it'll be quite enjoyable." she answered sweetly.  

"What was your motive for joining this program, and what is your ideal type?"

Juniel laughed. "I feel like this has been asked many times before." she stated before continuing. "I really like guys who have lips that are on the thicker side, as well as guys who have nice voices. Not singing voice necessarily, but when they speak." she explained. "Also, I joined this program because I believe it'll help me open up to other idols." she played with her hair. "Being a solo artist, I don't interact as much with other idols outside of my company. It's like the company doesn't want me to!" she giggled.

The writers laughed warm-heartedly. "That's the first time we've ever heard that kind of reason, and ideal type. How interesting. Well, thank you. We shall see you soon."
Juniel smiled and bowed.
"Thank you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tumblr_mewik7JCk71rl6x8do1_250.gif
L.Joe smiled timidly as he entered the room. "Hello~" he greeted.
He took a seat and faced the staff. "So, L.Joe-sshi, we will be asking you a few questions for this interview." the PD explained. He nodded and played with his fingers. 

"Have you ever seen 'The Romantic?' " they asked. He shook his head. "Aniyo. Honestly, I had no idea about this program until our CEO brought it up to me." he scratched his head sheepishly. "But it really interested me so I decided to join."

The writers continued. "So what's your motive for joining this program and what is your ideal type?"
L.Joe laughed. "Ehh? Motive? I didn't really think about that. I just assumed that it'll be a bunch of idols who have fun with each other so I thought, 'Why not'? As for my ideal type, it would be a girl who is very cute and looks nice without make up." he blushed slightly.
"But, I'm a bit concerned. I've honestly never confessed to a girl, because being blood type A, I'm a bit shy." he admitted. "I hope that it'll work out though." 
The staff all laughed and nodded assuringly.

"Don't worry about a thing L.Joe-sshi. Thank you for your time. We shall see you in a bit."
L.Joe got up and bowed. "Neh, thank you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ibzxtgCg95Zqvf.gif
Naeun took a deep breath as she stepped into the interview room. "Annyeonghaseyo~" she said brightly, bowing as she did so. The staff crew greeted her with smiles.

"Neh, Naeun-sshi, we will be interviewing you about multiple things."
She nodded and prepared herself.

"So Naeun-sshi, have you ever watched 'The Romantic and Idol?' "they asked. Naeun shook her head, as Juniel did.
"Aniyo, even though G.NA unnie and Jihyun unnie was on it, as well as Minhyuk oppa, I did not think about it. But Minhyuk did mention something to me." she bit her lip in thought. "He simply told me to do well."

The PD laughed. "Is that so? Well then.  You recently finished WGM with Taemin-sshi but you still chose to do this program. What was your motive, and what is your ideal type?" he asked.

"I don't really see this much as a "romantic" experience, and I'm more concerned about being acquainted with more people as well as taking a break." she laughed sheepishly. " However, because WGM is over, I do miss the small relationships that you can have with others." she commented, blushing slightly. 

"So would Taemin-sshi still qualify as your ideal type?" the writers asked. Naeun looked up, surprised.
"Neh?" she laughed, slightly taken aback. "Ah...yes. I suppose. I do see him as my ideal type along with others such as Shinee's Jonghyun and Dynamic Duo's Choiza, however I won't do any comparing during this program." she joked. The staff laughed along with her before nodding.
"Alright, thank you Naeun-sshi. We will see you in the meeting room a bit later."

Naeun got up and bowed again. "Neh, thank you for your time!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tumblr_m6v1t1R5W71qdmbef.gif
JR stretched as he sat down in front of the whole staff. "Annyeonghaseyo! JJ Project JR imnida!" he greeted.

"Hello JR-sshi. It's nice to see you." they responded. JR grinned widely. "Wahh, I'm really excited for this." he said.
"Why's that?" the PD asked. JR sat up straighter.
"Well, as you know, my fellow member JB happened to appear on the first season of this program. Since there's only the two of us, he told me everything and watched it with me." he paused. "Quite interesting, honestly." he laughed.
The staff smiled in reminiscence and continued the interview.
"Ahh, neh. So what is your motive for joining the program, and what is your ideal type?"

JR thought for a minute and laughed. "Aigoo..this is odd to say. But being an idol can be hard at times...so I've missed being able to have a relationship, and someone who I can depend on." he coughed, slightly embarrassed. "So hopefully..." he shrugged with a smile. "Ah, and my ideal type is Yoona sunbaenim from SNSD." he said, turning a slight shade of pink.
The staff members nodded in acknowledgement. "Alright, thank you JR-sshi! We look forward to seeing you on our program."
JR grinned. "As am I!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dasom+SISTAR+KBS+Hello+GIF.gif

Dasom pushed her hair out of her face as she entered the room.
"Annyeonghaseyo!" she bowed multiple times to all the staff members. They greeted her with a bright smile, bowing in response.
"Hello Dasom-sshi. Welcome to tvN's 'The Romantic and Idol'. Have you ever seen this program?"

Dasom nodded slightly. "Neh! I watched one episode of the first season, by luck. It really was no joke." she laughed. The crew members nodded in agreement. "Even so, you're okay with coming on it?"

Her eyes lit up as she nodded very happily. "Of course! I really wanted to because I thought the experience would be so fun!" she replied brightly.
"Is that so? In that case, what is your ideal type?"

Dasom giggled slightly. "Lee Je Hoon! I really like guys who are kind of like...soft?" she laughed at herself. "Ahh, I don't know. Just those kinds of guys." 
The staff smiled. "Are you aware that you are one of the oldest idols on this program?" they mentioned. Dasom widened her eyes. 
"NEH?! I'm not even that old so how..." she shook her head. "Aigoo...this is going to be interesting."

The PD laughed and nodded. "Well, thank you for your time. I hope you enjoy this program."
Dasom nodded back. "Neh~I most certainly will!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tumblr_inline_mummkrHB1S1qzeq4x.gif

The last romanticist stepped into the room, smiling. Kai bowed.
"Hello, EXO-K's Kai imnida!" he said. The writers all greeted him back and gestured for him to sit.

"So Jongin-sshi, have you watched this program before?"

Kai shook his head. "Aniyo. I had no idea that there was such a program like this! I was pretty surprised, truthfully, when my manager suggested it to me. But I figured it would be fun to interact with other idol members and to "date" with them." he laughed. 
"What was your motive to join this show, and what is your ideal type?" they asked. He thought for a bit before slowly answering.
"As stated before, I just want to get to know the other people well, and experience something new. As for my ideal type of girl, I like someone who is gentle and affectionate." he explained. The crew nodded before smiling at him.
"Alright. Thank you Jongin-sshi. We hope to see you soon."
Kai grinned with another bow. "Neh, kamsahapnida!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now...we begin.