Scaredy Cat

Scaredy Cat - Hoya

A car horn honked as you walked out the door to see Hoya waving at you.

"Hoya?" You called as you squinted your eyes.

"Come on _______! I have a surprise for you!" He called as he waved you over. Grabbing your coat you locked the door behind you as you ran to his car. Sitting in the passenger seat you looked at Hoya as he looked at you.

"So where are we going?" You asked.

"You will see." Hoya teased as he put the car into drive, his hand rested on the top of the steering wheel. Pulling off the road, the clinking of the rocks against he wheel wells of the car alerted you to what was ahead as  two big gates opened as Hoya rolled the car forward and parked it in a round a bout in front of the dark and old house.

"W-What are we doing here?" You stood out of the car as Hoya joined you.

"I thought it would be fun to do, with the both of us." Hoya held your hand as he leaned against the car looking up at the building.

"Aren’t you afraid of scary things though, especially haunted houses?" Your eyes took in his side profile as he shook his head.

"Not any more." He smiled as he pulled you along, walking up the loud stairs. Opening the door for you, the sky tinted with dark clouds as you stood in the entrance.

"Are you sure about this?" You looked around at the spider webs and exposed walls.

"Don’t worry, you will be safe with me." Hoya said as he squeezed your hand tighter, intertwining his fingers with yours.

Leading you into the first room where a dark piano was playing all by itself. The keys were pressed down as you looked at the depressed seat and the foot pedals moving. Hoya smirked at you as he watched the keys dance without fingers. Swaying to the music you felt something brush past you as you moved closer to Hoya. A duet started to play seamlessly on the piano as more and more keys were played. Pulling Hoya into the next room, you didn’t realize that you were holding your breath the whole time that you were in the room.

The next room that you were guided into looked like the formal Dining room. Paintings hung against the wall, with relatives and family members, looking at the beautiful painted china that was placed on the table and the glowing candles that still seemed to burn. Taking in the charm of the room, you felt someone watching you. Looking at Hoya, he looked at the family pictures as you felt a shadow move around you. With the glow of the fire lighting the room suddenly and the chandelier shaking at the sound of footsteps above. Running to Hoya’s side, you wrapped your arms around him tightly.

"Jagiya, if you are this scared we can leave, but we have to go through all of the rooms still." Hoya said knowing what he got himself into.

"Don’t leave me then." You said quietly as he rubbed your back then held your hand. You held his hand with both of yours as you moved into the next room.

Moving into the next room, you guessed it was the living room. Which made you giggle at the irony of the name of the room and the house that you were in right now.

"Why don’t you sit down. Take a break." Hoya sat on the couch as you sat next to him trying to catch your breath. Both of you looked around the room as you swore that people were staring at you through the paintings. Scanning the room, you watched a lamp as it suddenly vanished and you grabbed Hoya’s leg.

"Jagi, I think we should go if you are really this scared." Hoya seriously said.

"Aren’t you scared?" You shook as you looked up at him.

"I have been working on my fear and manliness for you. So I can protect you." Hoya took off his sweater and put it over you as his scent arose from the soft fabric as you held his hand and he led you out of another room.

With a few more rooms to go, you walked through the kitchen with only seeing knifes and foreign body parts as you covered your eyes, having Hoya guide you through the large kitchen. Leading you into the old and abandoned elevator he wrapped his arms around you as you pulled your hand from your face.

"It isn’t that scary right?" Hoya teased as you nodded, kissing your cheek the light flickered on and off in the elevator as it came to a stop and the light flicked off. Creaking and cracking outside of the elevator made you grip your hands around Hoya’s wrists as he moved from you and the flashlight app through his phone. Walking up to the door, he asked you to hold his phone, which you did as he moved his fingers into the crack of the doors as he forced them open with his muscles. The floor of the second level was about half way up the opening as Hoya slid through the hole and reached his hands down for you as he helped you though the hole.

"Thank you." You said as you handed his phone back.

"No problem. We have to get out of here though." You saw some fear on his face as he brushed himself off as he followed the signs to the Bathroom, blood was draining down the drain as creaking and singing came from the shower as you swore you saw a shadow, but pulling away the curtain, nothing was there. Looking in the mirror you saw another face that wasn’t yours or Hoya’s, it must have been the previous owner.

Hoya pulled you through the doorway to the bedroom as a music box played, the eerie old music box played as Hoya set down the lid as it turned off just to play again. The bed rustled like someone was getting out of it as padded feet moved across the cold floor. Open windows blew the coverings around as it made it more scary as both of you ran out the door and somehow made it back to the first level and outside. Darting to the car, both of you got inside and out of breath as Hoya started the car and locked the doors as he drove off, just to hear a crow caw in the distance and lightning strike.

"Are you sure you weren’t scared?" You looked over at Hoya who’s hand was shaking.

"I just wanted to show you that I wasn’t scared of monsters and that I was manly enough to take care of you in the worst of situations." Hoya confessed as he rubbed his hand on his leg.

"Ah you are more manly than me." You sheepishly said, "You were less scared then me too, but I love you, by you being you."

"I didn’t call for my Umma" Hoya pointed out. As you giggled and shook your head.

"Not this time~"