Chapter 4

'Real' Relationships (DISCONTINUED)

Afterwards, Jongin didn’t show up to school for a couple of days. Even when Kyungsoo called his mobile phone multiple times, text him every minute and especially when he went to the boy’s house, he got no answer. It was a complete failure. Jongin was ignoring him and there was nothing he could do about it.

All he could do, was feel extremely bad. Bad that he had hurt Jongin so much, and he felt even worse at the fact that Baekhyun was involved. Getting betrayed by your best friend and boyfriend was the one of the most horrible things Kyungsoo could imagine.

And the fact that he was involved in it himself – not by his own choice – was devastating.

However, not all the blame could be placed on Baekhyun. He should’ve been stronger.

He should’ve been able to fight Baekhyun off.

Right now, he was more concerned with telling Jongin the truth. And yes, he meant the whole truth. His weird power and all. It was the only thing that could really explain what had happened between himself and Baekhyun, something that would make him seem a little more helpless than Kai had thought.

If only he could get the younger to talk to him, then he can sort everything out. Maybe it was a loss cause between Jongin and Baekhyun, but not between them.

School began again, and Kyungsoo stayed by his locker.

If luck was on his side, then Jongin would come through the school gates and eventually pass him. Then he would force the other to listen to him, and everything can go back to normal.

As luck would have it, a brunette boy suddenly walked by him – completely ignoring his existence, but Kyungsoo caught it.

“Jongin!” he shouted, forcing the other to stop with his voice.

Jongin bit his lip before he sighed, letting his shoulders fall a little from the stubborn position they were in before. Turning on his heel, his cold eyes connecting with Kyungsoo’s dim ones. Both of them were engaged in an awkward silence, but for the older, he was just glad that he was able to look at Kai’s face with the other’s permission again. Moving forward, he saw the other stumble back.

And that’s when the pain in his chest grew once more, just like the last time. Trying to keep his emotions in, he decided to stay in his spot. No other students were around anyway, they had privacy.

“I… We need to talk about what happened.” Kyungsoo whispered, already feeling nervous bursts fill his body. Maybe he wasn’t prepared for this like he thought.

The other stared at him, but didn’t move.

Kyungsoo simply took that as acceptance for being able to continue. Now was the big secret. And there was a high chance that Jongin wasn’t going to believe him. And now that this time was here, Kyungsoo realised that he really didn’t think about this enough and he had no idea how he was going to prove it to him.

“I have a secret to tell you. It’s big. It’s probably going to sound like I’m insane. But you have to believe me.” His ramblings made Kai stare at him in curiosity.

Taking a deep breath, Kyungsoo spoke softly.

“Ever since I was young, there was something wrong with me.” He began, looking down at his feet nervously. He had never told anyone this before. “I figured it out when one of my friends fell down and injured his knee. When I went to help him, I touched his shoulder and something weird happened – I began to get a stinging pain in my own knee. Like I was feeling what he was feeling.”

Taking a deep breath, his eyes moved up to look at Kai who was just staring in silence. There was no expression on his face, was Kyungsoo kept going.

“After that, it kept happening. And it got stronger too.” Just remembering how this power – or curse – infected his life got him angry. “With just a single touch, I could feel whatever someone was feeling. That’s why I secluded myself when I came to school, I didn’t want to feel anything.”

The silence that followed was almost suffocating, but Kyungsoo didn’t know what else to say. All of his words regarding the first time he and Kai met were stuck in his throat.

Now what?

A loud sound interrupted the agonising silence and reminded them that they were indeed in school, and that classes were about to begin. There was no more time left.

Kai stared at Kyungsoo before turning on his heel and leaving immediately.

If hearts could shatter, Kyungsoo would not have one anymore.

To say that his classes were long would be an understatement. Kyungsoo couldn’t concentrate on anything except Jongin’s expressionless face. That was all he cared about just now. Even that scared him.

So he wasn’t just feeling Kai’s affection. What he was feeling was his own and Kyungsoo couldn’t believe that in the midst of all of this, he had actually gained feelings for Jongin. But that was also a good thing. With this, he could explain to Kai that it wasn’t just because of his feelings that they were together, but also his own and that was a good thing.

If only he could kick start their relationship again.

Moving out of his class, he anxiously walked towards the cafeteria where he would confront Jongin once again. And hopefully, put everything right.

Although that was an extremely optimistic view.

As he moved down the hallway, he was suddenly pulled back and pushed up against the opposite wall. When he saw who his attacker was, he felt pent up anger fill his body as he stared into his eyes. Or well, the better word to use would be glare.

“What the hell do you want?” he snarled. The other laughed a little before moving up – but he didn’t touch Kyungsoo.

“Just wanted to see how you were doing is all.” Baekhyun replied with a sly smile.

The other looked so proud of himself. And it annoyed him to hell. Pushing the other back, he quickly removed all contact and distanced himself. He didn’t need a repeat of last time. But still, Baekhyun looked like he had just won the lottery. Kyungsoo felt the other’s eyes move down his body and he felt disgusted by the other’s lust.

“Leave me alone.” Kyungsoo whispered, clenching his hands into fists as he stared at the other.

“Don’t you want a round two?” The older whispered, moving forward ever so slightly. The way the other looked so angry was rather fun to look at. “I mean, I certainly do if you’re up for it.”

Kyungsoo glared hard. How could he call himself Kai’s best friend?

There was nothing more disgusting than a disloyal companion who continues to screw with you.

“ off Baekhyun. You’ve done enough.”

But apparently the other didn’t feel that way. In the midst of a second Baekhyun was still simply smirking at him before he rushed forward, pressing his own body up against Kyungsoo’s in a way that made the other feel even sicker. But then the boy’s feelings began to move their way up Kyungsoo’s body and he couldn’t help himself.

His cheeks grew redder and his eyes began to dilate. And it amused Baekhyun to no end.

“See?” The other whispered, his hands moving down Kyungsoo’s chest. “You do want this, you naughty boy.”

The atmosphere grew darker when Baekhyun began to lean into his face. Kyungsoo tried to fight the feeling because deeper inside, he felt sick that this was going to happen again without his consent.

As soon as Baekhyun’s lips were about to touch his, Kyungsoo squeezed his eyes shut.

He didn’t need to see him.

But he never felt the other’s soft lips against his own. It surprised him. Opening his eyes again, he felt his own feelings being returned. And he saw a scene that surprised him completely. Baekhyun was now the one getting held against the lockers, a shocked expression on his face as someone’s arm was dangerously close to his throat, nearly cutting off his air supply.

And the words that escaped the other’s mouth shocked even Kyungsoo.

“Don’t you dare touch him again or I will seriously injure you.” Chanyeol growled as he glared hard at the student he had at his will. “I mean it. I will ing kill you.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened at the threat before managing to wiggle his way out.

Kyungsoo gaped as he left them alone. Moving up to Chanyeol, he stared at him with wide eyes but didn’t speak a word. The taller took a deep breath before he turned around and stared at his friend.

“What the hell were you thinking?”

The other gulped at the question. Now there was something that he couldn’t answer easily.

Chanyeol sighed at the silence before speaking again.

“Look, the reason you’ve been ignoring me is because of Jongin and Baekhyun.” He explained, looking saddened as he remembered he had actually not been able to talk to his friend for a rather long time. “You’ve just gotten the courage to try and make it right – don’t mess it up again.”

Kyungsoo gulped before he nodded his head. Even though Chanyeol had no idea what was really going on, he was still being a good friend.

Damn, he really needed to give him something good after all of this is over with.

He was way too good to him.

With a nod, he his heel and left Chanyeol in the hallway. The tall boy sighed as he watched Kyungsoo run towards his own crush. It was painful to be the helping friend that led him to the one he wanted, when in truth, all he wanted himself was Kyungsoo.

It was a cruel world, but there was nothing he could do. Someone else would come along anyway, and Chanyeol would dedicate his life to that person.

Turning around, he gasped in surprise as he was met with Baekhyun.

“Woah… didn’t realise you were still there.” He said, shoving his hands into his pockets a little nervously considering the death threat earlier. It wasn’t like he wanted to threaten him it was just a spontaneous reaction. “Um, later.”

But Baekhyun wasn’t going to let him go that easily. Grabbing onto Chanyeol’s wrists he pulled him back and confronted him again.

“Excuse me?” He said, pushing the other. “You just threatened to kill me!” Baekhyun shouted, looking exceptionally angry at the situation. Moving forward, he pushed Chanyeol against the lockers and continued to glare. But then, he heard a peculiar sound coming from the other’s mouth and he got even more offended. “Are you… are you laughing at me?!”

Yet Chanyeol couldn’t help it, and he began to laugh even harder. It was the look on the other’s face.

Baekhyun was trying to look angry but to him, it was absolutely adorable.

“I-I’m sorry!” He was having a hard time speaking in between the giggles that were leaving his mouth. “It’s just that… you look so cute trying to be angry.”

A hand was pressed hard against Chanyeol’s chest.

“Piss off! I thought you were nice!” Baekhyun explained, poking the other’s chest hard, out of anger.

“I could say the same to you.” The laughter had died down.

Both of them just stared at each other with stern expressions before it was the taller who had moved first. Taking a side step, he stared at Baekhyun before letting out a deep and regretful sigh.

“I am sorry I threatened you. And I’m sorry I got the wrong impression of you when we first met.” Chanyeol muttered, shrugging shoulders slightly as he shoved his hands into his jean pockets again. “I guess you should never judge a book by its cover, right?”

Baekhyun looked a little confused. Just as he was about to watch the other walk away, he shouted out to stop him.

“Wait!”

Chanyeol stopped and turned his head slightly back to watch the other.

“What do you mean by that?” He wondered.

“Do you not remember what you’ve done to two people’s relationship?” Chanyeol wondered, looking disgusted as he thought back on it. “What you did to your supposed ‘best friend’?” He wondered. But by the look of the other’s face and body language he did, but he doubted he’d feel bad now just because he was being called on it directly but someone else.

Baekhyun shuffled on his feet a little before he sighed. But there was not another word muttered between them.

Kyungsoo had not hesitated to grab Kai from his friends in the cafeteria and take him out to a more private area. Even after a long row of shouting from Jongin, he had managed to get them away from everyone else. And ask the question he had been waiting to ask for a very long period of time now.

“Stop!” Jongin shouted as Kyungsoo had finally reached their destination.

He moved backwards from the other and just stood in silence. Although he knew what the conversation was going to be on.

“Jongin, tell me what you think.” The boy said, preparing himself for whatever was to come next. Kai stared at him before he looked to the floor, putting his hands into his pockets to stop himself from fidgeting during this. He didn’t want to look weak in front of Kyungsoo either way. When the silence prolonged, Kyungsoo spoke once again. “Please. You have to speak to me.”

“Fine.” Just hearing the other’s voice in a soft tone made Kyungsoo feel a hell of a lot better.

But he waited.

“What you said, earlier about that weird… power you have?” Jongin muttered, watching the other just nod along with what he was saying. “…it’s completely insane.”

And all hope was lost. Yet, he expected this.

“…I know that’s what it sounds like.” Kyungsoo whispered, stepping forward and praising the gods that Jongin didn’t move. “But I’m telling the truth.”

“…It can’t be real.” Kai whispered back.

“Look, I’d never cheat on you. With Baekhyun, it was all him. H-He touched my shoulder and his feelings of lust ran through me and that’s why I kissed him. That was it. Please Jongin, you have to believe me.” His voice began to break as he pleaded to the other. Even to him it sounded crazy.

And with the way Jongin was staring at him, he didn’t believe a single word that was escaping Kyungsoo’s mouth.

.

“Please Jongin.” He muttered, gazing deeply into the other’s eyes. “E-Even when you bumped into me in the hallway that day, why I suddenly began acting like that – and even you-know-whatting you in hallway – it was all because I felt the desire and love you had for me. When your arm hit against mine, it was unbelievable. The feeling, it was incredible.” Kyungsoo explained, trying to do everything he could think of to make Kai accept him back.

The other looked rather surprised. Kai thought back to the eventful day when Kyungsoo had suddenly jumped in the hallway.

There really was no explanation for it, especially afterwards when he learned of what a soft and shy person the boy really was. It was completely out of character for the Kyungsoo he now knew.

And even he admitted that when he saw Kyungsoo that day, he was reminded of those feelings of love and lust that had been there for a while.

“Kyungsoo… that’s why you acted that way, that day?” Kai asked, gaining a nod in return, swiftly. “Because of what I was feeling for you?”

“Yes Jongin, you have to believe me.”

Kai gulped and his lips. And then he spoke again.

“Did you accept me because you were only feeling what I was feeling? Did you feel anything at all for me at that time?” He wondered, and that’s when Kyungsoo’s face began to pale over when he realised what the other was asking.

When he realised what he had just admitted to.

“Jongin…”

“Kyungsoo,” He interrupted the older boy. “…Please tell me.”

“…Yes. You… you kept touching me and your feelings kept riding all over my body. I-I had no choice but to say yes.” Kyungsoo didn’t want to lie. But that was different now. It wasn’t that way anymore.

Kai looked visibly broken. Moving away again, he took a deep breath.

“…I believe you.”

It was as if something in the world changed because Kyungsoo had never thought that the other would actually believe something like this. Letting a small smile brace his lips, he took a deep breath.

“Can you… tell me what I’m feeling now?” The other suddenly whispered. Kyungsoo could only nod and he moved forward.

At least it was an excuse to touch Jongin again.

Putting his hand out, he took Kai’s hand ever so softly and closed his eyes. It wasn’t long before he felt foreign feelings flow through his body. But then, he felt his eyes begin to brim with tears that were not his own. Looking at Jongin, he could only guess that his own expression matched Kai’s.

“…Jongin…”

Kyungsoo felt betrayed, he felt hurt and he felt as if the cavity around his heart was about to explode. And it was because of what happened that first day.

“Kai…” he took his hand away – he couldn’t deal with the pain anymore. “That was then, trust me, I have strong feelings for you now.” All he could do was try to explain what was going on.

But the other still didn’t change his facial expression.

Moving forward, he stared deep into Jongin’s eyes. Oh how he looked so hurt, and it was all his fault.

“Please believe me Jongin.”

Jongin shook his head.

“I have no idea how I’d know what you’re truly feeling. How can I be with you if I can’t touch you without feeling that all your feeling is my feelings? What am I supposed to do?” Jongin took a few steps backwards before shaking his head. “No… I believe you Kyungsoo, about Baekhyun and about us. But, you were only in this relationship because you felt what I felt for you.”

And the atmosphere dimmed because Kyungsoo knew what was about to escape from Kai’s mouth, no matter how much he didn’t want to hear it.

“I’m sorry Kyungsoo. Let’s just… go our separate ways for now.”

Watching Kai’s back was more painful than Kyungsoo ever thought. It hurt him like a gunshot wound. And there was nothing he could do.


A/N: Uh yeah. Sad chappie. Whoops.