Chapter 3 - Attention

Hit On

It’s been 3 months since you saw the EXO members. Everything looked pretty fine within these few months. You continued your work as an assistant’s assistant (stylist) in YG Entertainment and Eunhye continue her studies in the arts’ academy. To say that, you’ve been working in YG Entertainment for almost a year plus and thus, you’ve a really good relationship with the people at there. The trainees, the singers, the dancers and other staff around there. You’re a pretty easy-going girl in nature; therefore it’s not hard for you to make a lot of friends, despite the fact that you have a bad temper sometimes. Around this time of the year, each entertainment company would have a “trainee-exchange-program” which also mean by exchanging of trainee from each company.
One of your good friends, Rin, was going to SM Entertainment for the program and from there onwards, she would probably debut in that company. All of you were sad because all of you used to work together; Rin and the others would practice their singing skills and dancing skills and you’ll help them with the styling of their outfit. At times, you’ll visit them when you’re free because they’re like your sisters, similar to Eunhye. Rin had been in SM Entertainment for about 3 weeks. You’ve heard from others than the company (SM) torture their trainees by not letting them to have enough food to eat in order to stay slim. You really hate it when one is not being fed well and therefore, you decided to whip up some dishes and bring it to Rin.

You cooked some Japanese food for Rin as she really like it. You packed into 6 containers, the first 2 containing white rice with seaweeds strips on it, the third and fourth containing some Japanese curry and the fifth and sixth containing some egg roll, fried chicken and potato salad. You packed more the 1 serving as you thought that Rin could share it with her trainee friends as well.

You brought it along with you to the entrance of SM Entertainment. You saw a lot of people outside the company, probably all those stalker fans. You took out your cellphone and dialed Rin’s number. Rin said that it’s very dangerous for them to meet at the entrance because the stalker fans might just stalk them or hurt them so, they decided to meet at the secret back entrance of the company. You walked to the other end of the building and all you see were just cars; a car park. You walked slightly in and found a door; Rin asked you to wait for her at that door. You stood there for about 5 minutes, waiting for Rin and also at the same time, hiding yourself as you’re afraid that others would see you.

Wait, there were people watching you.
 

EXO’s POV

“Ahh, it was fun at the radio station! I wanna be a DJ like that next time!” Sehun said to the whole group of people in the car.

Well, only 6 of them because they’ve spilt into 2 vans, EXO-K in one van and EXO-M in one van. So in EXO-K’s van, it’s Sehun, Kai, D.O, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Suho. And in EXO-M’s van, it’s Tao, Chen, Kris, Luhan, Lay and Xiumin. 

“Me too~! Ah, I’m hungry! I need food now!!!” Kai whined.

“We’ll get some from the canteen after the practice; now stop acting like a kid, Jongin.” D.O replied.

“What?!! I have to wait for another 2 hours?!! Just kill me now~” Kai pouted.

“Hey guys, I saw something weird...” Baekhyun told the group while pointing at the girl at the door – You, through the van window.

“Who was that? Don’t tell me its stalker fans again...” Sehun said while looking a little annoyed.

“I don’t think so... The way she acts doesn’t look like one... Hey isn’t she...” D.O said.

“Shin-ssi...” Chanyeol continued.
 

*** **** ***

It was the members of EXO-K who were watching you, trying to figure out what you were doing around the back entrance of the building. Rin opened the door and saw you there. She greeted you with a little bow instead of aegyo (acting cute) because she knows that you didn’t like it. You passed her the food and ask her to eat it when she’s having her meal and she looked so thankful; probably because she didn’t have enough of food to eat the past few weeks. Just as Rin closed the door and you’re ready to go home, Chanyeol and Kai got off the van and walked towards you.

“Hi... Do you remember us?” Chanyeol did a little wave to you.

You looked at them and then gave them a little nod.

“Since you remember us, what are our names?” Kai said while trying to tease you.

“Kai-ssi and Chanyeol-ssi.”

“Wow, you remembered us! It’s been a long time since we met! How’s Eunhye’s condition? Better now?” Kai asked.

“Yeah, she has fully recovered. Thanks for the concern and I will tell her that.” You replied, in the calm tone again.

“Are you like one of those stalker fans?” Sehun popped out beside Kai and asked you, as he only remembered you as a stylist’s assistant and that day he didn’t go to your house.

“No? I’m not a stalker, I just came to visit a friend of mine; she’s a new trainee in SM since she’s one of the trainees that involved in the exchange program.”

“Oh, don’t worry we will take care of them.” Suho said just as he heard the conversation.

“Thank you. Erm, I’m rushing to somewhere else... Good to see you guys again!” You replied with a bit of smile on your face. They nodded their head, Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun did little wave to you and you walked through them.

They went in the building through the back door and see a girl walking in front of them, holding to a large bag filled with containers in it.

“The girl in front wearing black oversized tee.” Suho said in a louder tone.

Rin turned back and sees the members of EXO. She slightly bowed to them as a manner and stood there as Suho called for her.

“Are you Shin-ssi’s friend?” Chanyeol asked.

“Shin unnie? Yup, I’m her friend... Can I help..?” Rin asked back curiously.

“It’s nothing actually; we’re just asking... and practice hard!” Suho replied with a fist up, as an encouraging word from a senior in the company. Rin bowed a bit and quickly ran towards her practice room as she only used the excuse of going to the toilet to meet you.
 

-2 hours passed-

 

 “Ahh, I’m super hungry!” Rin slightly complained. Then she looked at the bag of containers you gave her just now. She took out all the containers and opened.

“Shin unnie is being weird again. How could I finish so much food!! These could feed at least 3 people! Alright then, I’ll just eat in the canteen... I could share the food with others if they asked about it~ Dinner time!” Rin said while repacking all the containers in the bag. Just as she was about to walk out from the practice room, Kai walked past the room. He stood in front of the room where Rin was and popped his head in the room.

“WHAT SMELL WAS THAT? IT SMELLS SO DELICIOUS!!!” Kai said while taking another deep inhaled of the aroma in the room.

Rin was kind of shocked and immediately she put down the bag of containers and took out 3 containers of it and passed it to Kai. She told him that you’ve prepared a lot of food for her and she cannot finish all by herself and she would like him to have some of it. Kai’s eyes lit up. He took all 3 containers from Rin and thanked her and quickly ran back to the room where other EXO members were.

“GUYS! I GOT SOME FOOD HERE! LET’S SHARE IT TOGETHER!!!” Kai placed all the containers and opened all the lids of it.

“WOW!! It look so delicious and it smell so nice too~ Jongin ah, where did you get these food from? I remembered that the canteen doesn’t have this kind of food.” Xiumin said while taking an inhaled of the food.

“I got them from Shin-ssi’s friend! She told me that it was Shin-ssi who had prepared these foods for her but she can’t finish it and so she gave me half of it!” Kai said while he went to one of the cabinet to take some chopsticks and spoons.

Lay and D.O came back to the room with some plastics bag of food with them and they put all the food on the table that was surrounded with all 12 members of EXO.

“Let’s eat!!!” Suho exclaimed and all of them dig in the food.

“Oh my god! This taste so good!” Luhan exclaimed after he tried the Japanese curry that you’ve made.

“This is heaven!!” Chen said when he ate the fried chicken you made.

“This is good!”

“I wish I could make food this delicious!”

“Is the really home-cooked? It taste like it was bought from the restaurant!”

All the members were complimenting how good your cooking was and within 30 minutes, all the food was finished.

“Man, I wanna marry the person who made this food! It’s so good~!” Chen said with his hand rubbing his stomach. All the members look at him. They all know that Chen like girls who can take care of him like a big sister but didn’t expect him to say this.

“What? I’m just saying, I’m kidding alright!” Chen put both his hands up like he was surrendering. Xiumin put his hand at Chen’s hair and messed it up.

 

YOUR POV


You came back home from passing the food to Rin, Eunhye wasn’t at home yet. You went to your room and lied on your bed. Lying at your bed, you looked at the ceiling thinking about what happened earlier on. Talking to the EXO members after 3 months. You’re pretty amused they remembered your name as you didn’t really talk to them that day when they came over to apologize. You turned to reach for your phone and to open the calendar app. You looked through the dates and then you locked your phone. You had forgotten that you have apply for 2 weeks off from work as you were thinking of going back to your hometown but you only booked the air tickets for the second week of the break. As you were thinking how you could spend the break off, you get up from your bed and were preparing to take a shower. Just then your phone rang.

You: Hello?
Hyerin: Shin? It’s me, Hyerin.
You: Oh hi unnie! What’s up with the call?
Hyerin: Erm, are you free the next week?
You: Next week? (You remembered that your 2 weeks break start from next week.)
Hyerin: Yup, next week. Don’t tell me that you aren’t free...
You: No no! I’m free for the whole week because I had applied for 2 weeks break from work.
Hyerin: Good! Can you come and help me out for a week for performance at overseas? One of my assistant is going to give birth the next week and I’m short of people to help me...
You: Sure! I was thinking how to spend that one week! I’ll be there next week! By the way, which country are we going to?
Hyerin: Not too far, in Japan only!
You: Okay!
Hyerin: Thank you so much! See you next Monday at Incheon Airport at 8am!
You: Noted! See you~!

You skipped to the bathroom as you’re elated that you wouldn’t spend your break doing nothing plus you could finally go to Japan without buying the expensive air tickets and paying the hotel expense. You laughed out loud like a crazy woman to yourself as you can’t control the joyfulness within you.