The Party

In which Jiyong captures someone's attention at a party

Jiyong didn’t know what he was thinking when he decided to attend this party. He didn’t know anyone, the girl who invited him had left him to go make out with some guy. Jiyong is a sophomore at a senior’s party. He felt so out of place and awkward. He just couldn’t deal with it anymore when he decided he was just gonna call his friend Youngbae to come pick him up. He went outside of the house because he couldn’t hear his own thoughts with all that loud music blasting. Youngbae was busy but agreed to pick him up in about an hour.

“Hey Jiyong, why are you leaving so soon?” he heard someone say. He turned around to see who it was and HOLY ING . IT’S CHOI SEUNGHYUN. THE CHOI SEUNGHYUN. The hot senior that all the girls (and some guys, Jiyong being one of those guys) want and he knows Jiyong’s name. How does he know Jiyong’s name?

“… um… “ He realized he was about to stutter because he was so surprised but he composed himself in time “… I don’t really know anyone and my friend kinda abandoned me so I was thinking of going home…”

“What? No. Don’t do that. The party is just getting started. Here, we can go inside and have some drinks or something.”

“I’m not really old enough to drink, I’m only 16.”

Seunghyun chuckled. “Well, we don’t have to drink. Let’s talk.”

“Um yeah ok, sure.”

They went inside and found an empty spot on a couch.

Jiyong sat with his knees touching and his hands on his lap. He was nervous around Seunghyun he didn’t even know how to act. Seunghyun rested his arm on the couch, behind Jiyong, which only made him more nervous.

“So… who did you come here with?”

“Chaerin, a friend I know from childhood. She’s in grade 12 like you but our moms are friends so I’ve known her since forever”

Seunghyun kept looking into his eyes and it make Jiyong lower his gaze so he couldn’t see when Seunghyun smiled at his shyness.

“By the way, how do you know my name?” asked Jiyong.

“Hm. Do you want a made up answer or a forward answer?”

“Uh… the forward one?”

“Ok, I saw you in the hallways and I thought you were good looking so I asked my friend what your name is and I told her to bring you to this party ‘cause I wanted to have a chance to meet you.”

Jiyong’s mouth fell open and Seunghyun just laughed.

“That… that is really forward.” Jiyong said after he composed himself.

“Does you friend happen to be Chaerin? No wonder she insisted that I had to come.”

“Yup. Anyways, now that my secret is out, I really wanna get to know you. I think you’re really handsome and I’ve seen you around school. You’re a really cool person and I- I just wanna get to know you better.”

Jiyong blushed. “I’d like that.” Seunghyun smiled. They kept making small talk and Jiyong’s heart felt like a hummingbird the whole time.

Just then his phone rang and he remembered that Youngbae was supposed to pick him up.

“I’m sorry. I have to go now.”

“It’s ok. I’m glad I got to meet you tonight. I’ll see you this Monday at school, ok?”

“Yeah, for sure.” Smiled Jiyong.


“So you talked to him?” asked Chaerin.

“OMG. My heart won’t stop beating. I hope he doesn’t think I was too forward, I don’t want him to think I’m a playboy or something.”

“Haha, relax. He likes you. He’s liked you for 2 years now.”

“Really? WHY DIDN'T YOU INTRODUCE HIM TO ME BEFORE. I’m so glad I stayed late at school the other day or else I wouldn’t have seen him at his locker and then I never would’ve known about him because SOMEONE didn’t tell me she has a hot friend who’s totally awesome and likes me.”

“Geez ok, I’m sorry.” Chaerin laughed.

“You gotta tell me everything he likes and what he dislikes and you gotta---“ Chaerin tuned him out after that. It was gonna be a long night.


Meanwhile in Younbae’s car…

“Youngbae, you won’t believe what just happened!” 

 

 


The End. I don't know what this is. I gave up halfway :/ 
I'm just looking for excuses to not go to sleep haha