Chapter 1: The ring.

The ring.

The ring.

“Why are we here?” Jiyong asked in confusion, Seunghyun took him to tiffany & co, the multinational luxury jewelry.

       “Help me to buy an engagement ring, please?” the older rapper replied with aegyo.

       “Why me?” Jiyong felt like crying, he knew his friend was dating Kim Ha Yul, the beautiful model that appeared in OH YEAH mv, and he went with it, even if he liked his own friend too much in a love way. But to know Seunghyun was going to buy an engagement ring for her and asked him to help was the last straw.

       “I don’t know, you’re the fashion icon, you know what people like or whatever” Seunghyun gripped his hand and drew him to the display cabinet “Do you like this big ring with a crown on top?”

       “It’s up to you, hyung” Jiyong wanted him to release his hand; he didn’t want to be there.

       “Oh, Ji, tell me which one you like?” Seunghyun made the clerk to show them more rings.

       “This one” Jiyong confessed and picked the one with a heart on top, a red blood ruby heart, he liked it a lot, since it reminded him of happy times, when he made GD&TOP and the logo was a heart.

       “Ok” Seunghyun smiled big and pointed the ring with the heart to the clerk “Please, this one”

       “Do you want it for gift?”

       “Of course”

      

After buying the ring, Seunghyun took him to Starbucks; they could drink coffee and chill out thanks to the bodyguards.

       “Thank you Ji for helping me to choose the ring, you’ve saved me”

       “You’re welcome” Jiyong snorted and breathed badly “Hayul is very lucky, I hope her to take your proposal. Fighting!”

       “Mmm… The ring isn’t for her; we broke up one month ago”

       “Are you dating someone else?” Jiyong bit his lower lip to the point to bleed.

       “Well…”

       “Anyway, I hope the new girl accepts the proposal”

       “Well…, it’s him… Not her…”

       “Are you dating a guy?”

       “If I do, would you be disgusted?”

       “No, I thought you were bicurious, but to buy an engagement ring is serious” Jiyong was pretty in shock and in surprise; he sipped his coffee “Is it John Lee?”

       “Why does everybody think I’m hanging out with him?”

       “You guys spend a lot of time together”

       “’Cause we were making a movie?”

       “So… Who’s that lucky man?”

       “The lucky one is me… if he doesn’t freak out… This place isn’t perfect to talk about this, but I’m tired of looking for the perfect moment, Ji… I like you since the first day we met and I think I fell in love slowly, everyday more and more with you… I love you. I’m not asking you to marry me, it’s unreal, but I ask you to take my feelings… This ring is for you… To show you how much I love you” Seunghyun said it blankly and got up from the chair “Sorry for shocking you or scaring you, tomorrow let’s meet here… If you wear the ring I’ll take it like a yes, if you don’t… Don’t even bother to show up and forgive me for damaging our friendship”

       Jiyong was dumbfounded, you know, Seunghyun, the man he loved so much since years just said he loved him too and ran away. Was it real or did he finally become crazy? The blond haired sighed and took the small box, but didn’t open it.

 

Next day, Seunghyun was in the coffee shop and waited for Jiyong in the same table, but the leader didn’t show up, not until it was one hour later. The actor didn’t know if feeling relieved or scared about the answer.

       “Can we take a walk as we talk?” Jiyong asked.

       “Of course” Seunghyun sweat heavily and followed the younger to the park.

      

Once they were at the park, Jiyong kept distance from Seunghyun making this one more and more uneasy about the answer.

       “You aren’t wearing the ring” the black haired man said as he stared at the blond’s hands.

       “I wanted you to put the ring on my finger… like a real couple”

       “What?!”

       “I like you and I love you so much. I thought you were going out with guys just for fun, you know… I didn’t try to approach to you, because I didn’t want to be a game, just one-night stand”

       “Sorry” Seunghyun took Jiyong’s left hand “At first I didn’t want to admit I was in love with you… It’s hilarious… But I am and I do love you… I just needed time to get brave and confess… Can you give me the ring?”

       Jiyong took the box out of the pocket and handed to the older. Seunghyun unwrapped it and grabbed the ring.

       “Jiyong-ah, do you want to take me as your boyfriend? I promise I’ll make you happy every millisecond”

       Jiyong covered his face to stop the tears; Seunghyun held his hand tightly and put the ring on the finger.

       “Hey, don’t cry, baby” Seunghyun took him by the chin.

       “I…”

       “Do you know why people put their lover’s ring on the left hand?”

       Jiyong shook his head.

       “Because the left hand is closer to one’s heart, so this ring with heart shaped is my heart, ok? And when we’re apart ‘cause of work, just watch the ring and think, my heart is with you and taking your hand strongly”

       Jiyong didn’t say a thing, just nodded and dried his tears, then he reached Seunghyun’s lips and kissed him, the sweetest kiss ever.

       The first, after there would be more kisses and so much love.