Come on, A-Yo!

A-Yo!
When you find yourself walking all alone,
Walking by yourself, but you're not in the zone
 
You sigh as you walk through the school hallway. Classes ended earlier than expected. You walk to your locker and open it. 
 
"I wish I had friends to hang out with.." You mumble to yourself, rummaging through your locker.
 
You were a loner in school, no one wanted to be your friend because you were nerdy, and a bit weird.
 
You got out of school and went to the nearest cafe to buy yourself a drink. You were exhausted because you had to rush tons of homework. You entered the cafe and greeted the cashier. You were close friends with her, mind you.
 
"Hey, it's great seeing you again, Yeorin." The cashier greeted you with a smile.
 
You returned her smile with a small one, your eyes twinkling in delight.
 
"Yeah, it's good seeing you too." She chuckled and gave you a hot cup of coffee.
 
You took a sip of your coffee, and hummed. "Um, hey I gotta go. See you tomorrow, I guess..?" You told your friend.
 
"Mhmm. Sure thing. See you." Your friend waved you a goodbye, as you walked out of the cafe.
 
When you're tired of stopping and being alone;
Go on and follow me then, follow, follow me then, then
 
You stop at a nearby park. You check your surroundings, and you see no one. You sigh once again, and sit on one of the swings while humming to yourself.
 
 When you spend your nights all alone,
Insomnia's right over your shoulder.
'Cause of all the thoughts racing in your head;
Go on and follow me then, follow, follow me then, then
 
You glanced at your wristwatch to check the time. 'Oh, it's already past 6. I should be home by now.' You thought to yourself, and got up to trudge along the pathway.
 
"I'm home~!" You hollered as you removed your shoes. Your mother poked her head out of the kitchen and said, "Welcome home, sweetie!" 
 
You ran upstairs and flopped down your bed. Your mother called out, "Aren't you hungry, sweetie? Dinner's ready."
 
You groan and put a pillow on your face. "I'm not hungry, mom." Your mother entered your room and raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?" 
 
You remove the pillow covering your face and said, "Really, really, reaaaalllllyyyy sure."
 
Your mother shrugged and walked out of your room. You got up and closed the door. You take out your Calculus textbook and sit in front of your study table.  
 
A yo, if you can't deal
Doong tak dah, feel the rhythm, oh oh
Listen to the beat and these words, hey ya'll
Come on, a yo
Come on, a yo
 
A yo, if you can't sleep
Brush it off, let the rhythm flow, oh
Next day's a new day that can't go wrong, oh so
Come on, a yo
Come on, a yo
 
After a few hours, you rub your worn out eyes because of reading the same thing all over again. Thoughts came running inside your head.
 
'I hope everything's going to be okay..' You got up and bury yourself under the warm covers of your bed. You muttered a silent prayer and slept throughout the night.
 
IQ's double digits; Test scores are double digits
Statewide, it's triple digits- Oh god why? why?
The days dragging by, but everyone's just pushing you aside
If not, then they're bringing you down with lies,
Oh god why? Why?
 
School went on typically. You had a pop quiz in Calculus. Mrs. Kang, your teacher, scolded you because your score was below average. 
 
"Ms. Kim, your score is such a disgrace! You even have the nerve to study in this prestigious university. I suggest you to study harder, arrasseo?" Her eyes were gleaming behind her spectacles, staring at you sharply. You merely nodded in response. 
 
During this breathless day,
Even if there's nowhere to go, oh oh
Don't ever lose and cry, ah ah 
No way, no way
Even if no one knows what you're going through, oh oh
Don't give up your hope, ah ah
It's your way, your way
 
The days went on, and you haven't made any progress. You were still the nerd who has no friends. You wanted to cry your heart out. Some of your classmates would confront you and say, "Ha! You poor thing. You only excel in academics." 
 
The day dragged by, and you got up and grabbed your things to leave. You were walking, when you suddenly bumped into something. Correction, someone.
 
You muttered, "Ah, I'm so-sorry. I wasn't even looking ahead.." You bowed in front of the person you bumped into.
 
"Oh! It's alright." The person responded. You seem to recognize the voice. You stood up straight and boy, you stiffened. The person you bumped into was no other than Lee Taemin, one of the kingkas in school! His buddies looked at you in amusement.
 
Your face went red, perhaps putting tomatoes in shame. You hurriedly passed by them, leaving them to shrug and continue their journey.
 
I gave you all and more; trusted you
But you're out the door
Come and go like the seasons- with just a, "Bye. Good bye."
Saying you got no time,
But I can read between all your lines,
I kept calm, cool, and moved on but I thought you'd change- oh you changed.
 
School went out in a matter of time. Summer's already here. You happen to change into someone harsh. Taemin became your only friend. He seemed a bit sad of the fact that you changed drastically.  Taemin spotted you swinging at a park.
 
"Hey, Yeorin! Want to buy some ice cream with me?" He asked you with his signature smile.
 
It hurt you to smile because you were hurting deep inside. You managed to fake a smile and you shook your head. "No thanks, Minnie. I have to go, sorry." Taemin watched her get up and leave. He shrugged nonchalantly and too, left.
 
 
Woo~
Don't let today get you down;
There's another chance to turn it around
(Come on, I'm waiting for you,
Gonna joke around like a fool, hey~)
 
Woo~
Don't use Advil just to sleep,
Just wait for tomorrow with me.
I'll wait for you, through any night!
 
"Ahhhh!" You run your fingers through your hair in a disarray. You experienced having your foot stuck in the mud, having a bubblegum stuck to your hair, and events which made you want to bury yourself six feet underground. You were such an unlucky girl. 
 
You were crying and hugging your teddy bear at the same time. You haven't slept for the past days because of procrastination and projects to accomplish.  Plus, all you want to do is to lazily lounge around and be a potato, but no. Projects, homeworks, and the like came rushing to you. 'This is out of my control...' You thought to yourself. Then suddenly, you thought of Taemin. Your lips unconsciously curled upward. "Yosh! Everything's gonna be alright!"
 
......
 
Today's the day you graduate. You were jumping up and down because of excitement. You see some of the students taking pictures with their friends. You watch them as smile faintly. 
 
"Hey Yeorin, today's the day huh?"
 
You snapped back to reality and saw Taemin wearing his cheeky signature smile. You can't help but smile back. You nodded meekly.
 
"Yeah. The day I've been waiting for~!" You sang. He chuckled at your cuteness.
 
Bring it side to side, all your tears and fears,
Side to side, all the pain you've gained
Brush it off, let the rhythm flow, oh 
 
'The tears I have cried... I'll replace them with smiles...
The fears I have feared, I'll overcome them with you by my side...' You glance at Taemin, smiling. 
 
Come on, a yo
Come on, a yo