Kitty Kitty

Kitty Kitty

the summer sun is just too tempting, taemin thinks. early morning slashes of light on the carpet, promises of warmth and comfort; he knows its silly, but he wants to feel it soaking through his skin, wants to feel that winter truly has ended.

 

this is why he's stretched out on the floor, half on on his back, half on his side, face turned up to the sun, when minho walks in.

 

“warm?” minho asks after just the barest of hesitations.

 

“mm,” taemin hums in reply, eyes still closed. he knows it’s minho without having to open them, knows him not just by his voice but also by the sound of his footsteps and the muffled clink of his keys being hung up. “the sun is glorious. its spring now, did you know that?”

 

minho chuckles and crouches down next to taemin. and taemin does open his eyes now, just slits because the light is too bright, but still open just wide enough to see minho's face.

 

“well,” he says, ruffling taemin's hair and running his fingers down his neck, “seems like you've discovered season changes.”

 

taemin shivers, gooseflesh forming despite the heat on his skin, and leans into minho's hand. he likes minho like this, close and warm. he also likes how minho's voice wraps around the words, murmuring gently just for taemin to hear.

 

minho shifts, cocking his head to the side appraisingly. “you look like a kitty right now. a little kitty dozing on the floor.”

 

taemin sighs, stretches. bites his lip. “s'warm. I like it.” and minho is sitting down next to him now, both hands on his face, in his hair.

 

“i like you like this.” minho's hand slips down taemin's back, and whatever verbal response taemin might have had is lost. he doesn't know where this has come from, but he finds himself letting minho draw him up, laying pliant in his hold. their faces are close and taemin wraps an arm lazily around minho’s neck, their noses brushing. “kitty,” minho says, curling himself possessively around taemin. “my kitty--”

 

minho has that look on his face, the one that assures him that minho couldn't ever want anyone else besides him. and it feels so good that taemin kisses him, full on the mouth. and when that isn't enough he moves into minho’s lap, straddling him, pushing him down onto the floor so he can kiss him.

 

“i like you,” taemin tells minho seriously, watching his face intently. the sun slats across minho’s face now, and it sharpens his cheekbones but softens his mouth. taemin admires it, then kisses it, and minho apparently can't handle himself because he and taemin are flattened against each other again, minho’s hands running up and down his back and pressing into the base of his spine. they don't speak. it's all groping hands and wet kisses, raw elbows and gasping breaths and its raw energy until minho hits his head on the coffee table.

 

taemin laughs, rolling off of minho to lie sprawled on his back. he's half in the sunlight, half out, nerves still vibrating. “well. that was nice.”

 

minho is holding his head, but apparently isn't hurt too badly because he's still eyeing taemin like he needs to be scooped up and carried off to bed. “yeah. nice.”

 

nice. it was nice indeed. but taemin's stomach grumbles then, and he whips up off the floor, already distracted. “yes, but i'm hungry now and i want to eat. we can do this again though sometime--”

 

minho stands up too. “food? really, kitty?”

 

and they're against the wall in a heartbeat, taemin purring as minho buries his face in taemin's neck.

 

food could wait.