Chapter 1.

Long Live

Long Live

Part I
-Chapter 1-


Annie was lying on the ground, book in her hands, while Lindy had made herself comfortable on the bed, her thin fingers flying over the keyboard of the laptop on her lap. The two girls enjoyed writing more than anything, and writing together was more than fun. Thinking about scenes that would never happen in real life, creating their characters, feeling as though they were their children. It was always Annie coming up with great ideas and Lindy jumping in with her owns, and in the end it were awesome ideas, maybe even stories that had potential of being sold. Well, that was if they ever were to finish something they wrote. They usually would stop at some point, but that didn’t mean they wouldn’t try it again.

While Lindy was writing, music was sounding through the speakers of the computer. Only quiet, for her to be able to fully concentrate on what she was writing. Annie was totally caught up in her book, so she didn’t even hear when Lindy lay the laptop aside and called out ‘Finished’. However, when she stood up and lightly kicked her friend, she shot up and nodded, saying she would just finish this sentence. Lindy didn’t mind at all. She grabbed her phone and let herself fall onto the couch. Annie’s room was big, and over the years it had grown to be Lindy’s shelter. Her parents were worry-wards and they would usually behave as if Lindy could do nothing by herself. Not so Annie and her parents. While Lindy’s parents freaked out when she only made herself tea, it wasn’t much of a big deal at Annie’s. Which was why, actually, she felt better staying at Annie’s than at home. However, it wasn’t like she could stay there forever.

She surfed on the internet a little. Both, Annie and Lindy loved music, but while Annie was only listening to K-Pop, Lindy listened to pretty much everything. That didn’t mean she wasn’t a crazy fangirl. Not at all, over the years she’d pretty much fallen into the K-Pop scene even more: Because it was the only normal thing in her life. In the forums, she wasn’t the pitiful, fragile girl. She was Lindy. She was just another fan. Nothing special. She was just like everybody else. And that was what she enjoyed.

Annie arose and grabbed the laptop, reading what Lindy had written. She changed the music, because she wasn’t much of a Fan of Lindy’s favourite band, and then began to write. Lindy pouted because Annie had just turned off her favourite song, but she didn’t mention it. Instead, she went on gazing on her mobile, checking all the forums she was logged in.

On one of them, a specific article caught her attention. She frowned and clicked on it, heart beating when reading the announcement: BIGBANG WORLD TOUR 2009. Her hands trembled when she read the description and the places they’d go to. When finishing, she dropped her mobile. Annie looked up from her Laptop, an eyebrow raised curiously. “What happened?” She asked. Her hands had stopped typing and were now calmly lying on the keyboard.

“BIGBANG… They’re coming to Sydney.” She said breathlessly. Annie grinned and jumped up, taking a seat next to Lindy. “Really?” She asked and took the mobile, reading the article. After that, she clapped into her hands.

“That’s awesome!” She called out, hugging Lindy, “You wanted to see them so badly! How much are the tickets?”

Lindy took the mobile and pressed it against her heart. “I don’t care,” she said, not being able to grasp the situation, “I’m going anyway.”

***

On her way home, the only thing she’d been able to think of was how to convince her parents. When telling Annie that she’d go anyway, the girl had jumped in, of course, but that didn’t mean her parents would let her go that easily, regarding how much they worried about her. She entered the house and kicked her shoes off her feet. Her parents were sitting in the living room, watching a movie together. Lindy leaned in the doorframe and waved at them awkwardly. Her mother got up and hugged her daughter, smile on her face.

“Did you have fun?”, she asked, and Lindy rolled her eyes. “Not more or less than ever, mom. I was just at Annie’s.” Her mother nodded and went back to sit down next to her dad, who just gave her a small nod and returned to watching the movie. Lindy, still standing there awkwardly, cleared .

“Mom? Dad?” Her voice sounded through the living room and her parents looked up. Lindy decided to take a seat opposite of them. She gave them an unsure smile. “You love me, don’t you?”

Her parents looked at each other puzzled, but finally nodded. “Of course we do, honey.” Her mother answered and Lindy took a deep breath. Good, she could use that against them.

“And you want me to be happy, right?” She went on asking. Her father furrowed his brows and her mother pursed her lips.

“Where is this going?” She asked and Lindy swallowed. It was now or never. She either asked them now or she would have to watch the live cams online while crying about not having been there.

“Do you remember BIGBANG?” She asked them, and her parents looked at each other. Finally, her mother nodded, mumbling something about ‘the only thing you talk about’.

“Well… They’re having a world tour and-” It had been an awesome start, but her mother interrupted her with a clear and simple ‘No.’ Lindy’s hopes dropped. Tears dwelled up in her eyes. How she hated to be such a crybaby.

“Mom, please. I may not get the chance again!” She called out in despair, but her mother shook her head. It was obvious that to her, the topic was over with that. However, Lindy could see how her father raised a hand and took her mom’s as if knowing that something bad was about to happen.

“How much is a ticket?” He asked, and her mother’s head shot around. She glared at her dad, but he was fairly good at ignoring that. Lindy blinked her tears away and tried to stop her lips from trembling.

“Well… From 50$ to 120$...” She said. “Listen, dad, I would pay you back somehow, I promise. I’ll get a job or- I don’t know. But I swear I’ll pay you back if you just get me a ticket.”

Her dad nodded thoughtfully, and finally sighed. “Under one condition: You’re taking Annie with you.” Her mom was about to disagree, but Lindy jumped up, hugged her dad and wiped her tears away.

“Thanks, dad!” Her words were muffled against his shoulder. She could feel his warm, big hand on her back and the vibration in his told her that he’d said something, but she didn’t know what it was. However, she didn’t care. It wasn’t important. All that mattered was that she would be able to see her five favourite men live. Her heart threatened to explode when she rushed up the stairs to call Annie. Her best friend wasn’t as happy to see the five boys live, but she was happy for Lindy. And that was enough.

***

Lindy and Annie had dropped school that day, just to be able to stand in the first line. And it had been good that they’d been standing there ten hours before the concert started, because they were the first ones to arrive- which actually had surprised Lindy a lot. She’d expected people to sleep outside the huge arena. But it was good for her. She was standing right in front of the entrance. She would be the first one to enter. She was unbelievably nervous.

Ten hours had passed like nothing- at least to Lindy. For Annie, it must’ve felt like an eternity. When the black-suited security guards opened the door, one of them looked at Annie and Lindy. He told them to give him the ticket and they did. When they entered, they were welcomed by huge signs that read ‘BIGBANG’ and all the singles they’d had so far. To Lindy, it couldn’t be fast enough. She dragged Annie into the arena, which was slowly filled by people, and they took place in the first row. On the inside, Lindy thanked her dad again for buying the best tickets, and then started blabbering about how she couldn’t believe how close the stage was. Over and over again, she repeated about how she could touch one of the boys if they were close enough. Annie just smiled and agreed here and there, being happy to see Lindy so lively and bubbly.

It wasn’t long until 100.000 people filled the room in front of the stage- excluding the seats on the gallery- and Lindy and Annie had managed to stay in the first row. It wasn’t like she’d let anyone take her place, anyways. However, she could feel how she had to go to the toilet and really worried about whether she’d be able to enjoy the concert with that urge. She decided to try and ignore and simply enjoy it.

Suddenly, the whole room went dark. Nothing was to be seen and all the people to shut up, too. It was quiet and dark, and Lindy sweated in anticipation. And then, the lights went on, and a man was standing on stage. Lindy could easily name him. GD. Screams everywhere. And then: “BIGBANG. Let’s go.” He grinned to the crowd. Taeyang entered from the side and started singing, Daesung from the other. And then, GD rapped and Top entered, followed by Seungri. Lindy couldn’t keep calm. She jumped, sang along, clapped. Hell, she even cried. And, more than anything, couldn’t believe that this was real.

***

One hour had passed by like this. Bigbang has left the stage and made some space for some background dancers. That was, when it started. Suddenly, Lindy’s ears felt heavy, incredibly heavy, and the last thing she could hear was something break. Then, the only thing present was one high pitched beep sound. Her eyes widened- it was unbearable. It drove her crazy. She fell on her knees, her hands pressed against her ears, but it was no help. The beep just wouldn’t go away. She started to scream, to cry. She didn’t even notice what happened when somebody grabbed her and carried her away. She kicked, she screamed. What was happening to her? What was that sound in her ears?

The fast it had happened, the faster it was gone again. The beep was gone- what was left was endless silence. Lindy took her hands away from her ears and opened her eyes. She could see one of the security guards carrying her, could see Annie on her side. She could see that Annie’s lips were moving, but the sounds didn’t reach her. Lindy blinked a few times and raised her voice to tell Annie to speak louder, but stopped in the middle of the sentence: She couldn’t hear her own voice anymore.

She was brought into a small, white room. She didn’t know where that place was, but she could see the man who carried her making a call. She wanted to ask what he was doing, but she was afraid of raising her voice. Everything was so silent, it was driving her crazy.

Suddenly, the door was opened and five men looked inside. Bigbang. Lindy’s eyes widened and for a second she forgot that in that moment, she was deaf. She jumped up and stared at the five men. Annie took her hand and started talking to the boys, but Lindy didn’t know that.

“Oh my god,” she said. Or had wanted to say. She didn’t know whether she’d really said it, since she couldn’t hear a thing. They were standing right in front of her, and nothing else mattered. She could see TOP’s lips moving and the way he cocked his head to the side told her he was asking her a question, but she couldn’t say what question. There it was, her only chance to talk to Bigbang, but she couldn’t hear them. Just her luck. She could feel herself tearing up. She blinked a few times and cleared . Annie squeezed her hand and Lindy turned her head to face her best friend. “Why is everybody so quiet?” She asked, and Annie frowned. Her lips moved. Lindy shook her head. Annie’s eyes widened a bit, then she turned to face the idols. Her lips moved again, and it drove Lindy crazy that she didn’t know what she was saying.

She noticed a small movement in the corner of her eye. She turned her head: Two paramedics entered the room. Lindy shook her head and went back. “No!” She said, but couldn’t hear her words. She took some more steps. The men were talking to her, saying something, but she didn’t know what. One of them took her arm but she escaped and hid behind Annie- the only person she trusted right now. “I’m fine, go away!” She called out, and the men, again, were talking to her. That was, until she could feel Annie’s body vibrating. She was speaking. Maybe explaining the state Lindy was in?

Of course, all of them had known that this could happen. But why did it have to happen on the best day of her life?

“Can’t you… Can’t you wait until after the concert?” She asked, and everybody was looking at her. Youngbae was saying something and to Lindy it seemed as though he tried to convince the paramedics. But they were too stubborn. It wasn’t normal for a girl to suddenly not be able to hear anymore, after all. Annie took her hand and gave her a sad glance. Lindy was crying by then, but still followed the paramedics and avoided Bigbang’s gazes at all costs.

She would’ve never imagined that the best day of her life would turn out to be the worst.

saranghae

Chapter 1! Yeeey~ Hahahah ♥ Well, I have fun writing it and my best friend said it's good, so there you go. It'll be shorter than Dear Agony - I think - but I hope you still like it! :) Subscribe and commeeent~ :) ♥

credits - contradictori