Just lost

Cloudburst

Trudging through the streets a hooded figure walks in the rain. He walks slowly without a destination, whos only intent is to walk, to go but go where? As the rain piter patters and the cold misty air chills them to the bone the hooded figure exhales a white breath and stops, pauses and looks up at the grey tundra of clouds and the falling of the crystal like rain. "what am I doing with my life?" runs on repeat through their head, "why do I feel so... empty?" the mysterious person touches their chest with their cold wet hands takes a deep breath before they continue on their aimless journey. 10 minutes pass, 20 minutes pass, before long the sky begins to darken as they continue to walk. After a while, tired from their stress relieving walk, the mysterious person arrives at a park drenched to the bone they find shelter beneath a large tree by the lake, he beneath the tree, feeling the slow dripping of the rain which falls through the trees and stares unfocused out at the lake. As he sits there, mind a hazy blank mist of confusion he, unconsciously, begins to stare at a family of ducks wading away and feeding in the rain. "maybe I'm missing something, maybe my now ex girlfriend was right, maybe, I'm lost" the rain begins to thin out a bit and through the thinning of the rain he sees, a yellow raincoat and a bright green umbrella on the ground across the lake, focusing his eyes further he sees what appears to be a young girl with white hair curled up beneath a tree and her green umbrella beside her. "ahh min ho, I guess you are not the only one with troubles, maybe she too is a lost sheep without direction" and as he stares at the young girl his mind clears up a little knowing that he may not be alone and that maybe somewhere out there in the vast world, someone may understand him or has been through what he has been through. With a sigh he stands back up, brushes what water he can from his drenched clothes and begins his journey home.

Across the lake the young girl looks up from her curled position to see a young man getting up to leave and thinks to herself "there must be other lonely people in the world too... right?"