Promise Me

Promise Me

[October 13]

 

It was yet another tiring day for Hyeri. Helping at home, attending school, running errands for her professors, keeping up with her brother's lessons, and lastly, taking care of her brother, Kim Himchan.

"Oppa~ when are you going to wake up?" Hyeri asked while scrubbing his arm with a warm towel. "It has been two weeks already. You need to wake up now," she said with a smile on her face. Ï remember, someone from your class asked me to give you some chocolates awhile ago," Hyeri continued talking. "I kept in the fridge so you could eat it when you're awake," Hyeri added with her voice full of hope. Unknowingly, a tear fell from her eye and went down to Himchan's hand. He raised his pointing finger a bit which made Hyeri wipe her tears fast. "I'm not crying. I'm fine," she said then held Himchan's hand. "Just wake up. Promise me you won't let go, okay?" Hyeri said then squeezed his hand a bit tightly.

Yes. They are siblings. But they were never blood-related. It was just self-proclaimed. They were once orphans until a couple adopted both of them. Years later, the foster parents grew old and eventually, died. Their wealth were passed to the two foster children, Himchan and Hyeri.

Himchan is currently on a state of half coma. He got into a car accident for Hyeri. His head/brain was slightly affected. Everything happened when he was about to fetch her to celebrate their first day as a couple. Their love for each other is incomparable to anyone else's. It was forbidden but stil pursued. 

[October 23]

''I'm willing to give my heart for him," Hyeri said with a slight smile. "I would do anything to free him from his sufferings," she added. The doctor wanted to stop her but everytime she looks at her, the only thing her face says is hope.

Actually, the doctor called her immediately from school. "Himchan's heart rate is slowing down," the doctor started. With those words, Hyeri's mind was bothered. Himchan might be gone 'til forever. Oppa's not going to die.

The doctor can't help but to follow. She knows that she won't be able to stop her. And so, papers were filed and the operation was done. Hyeri's heart is now Himchan's. 

[October 30]

Himchan's life continued. His heart rate returned to normal. Now, he's fully awake and is back as the old Himchan. 

"I kept my promise, but where are you now?" Himchan asked his self as if Hyeri could hear him with his weak voice. A nurse entered his room and gave him a letter.

Letter:

 

Himchan Oppa~

             You're probably awake now since you're already reading my letter. I am thankful and really happy for keeping your promise. And I am sorry for not being able to see you fulfill this promise. Don't worry about me. I'm doing perfectly fine. I'm not lying. I promise :) Thank you for taking care of me since we were just kids. I took care of you in my own simple ways. I'm sorry if that's the only thing that I could do for you. I didn't use your car, I didn't talk to strangers, I always ate my lunch, I didn't skipped any breakfasts. I didn't do anything that I am forbidden to do. So, please forgive me for leaving you. 

             Oppa~ Continue living for me, okay? I want you to be happy. Please take care of me 'til our last days. I love you not as an oppa, but as Kim Himchan. 

Your sweetest sister,

Lee Hyeri          

PS: I will always be looking after you. <3 

 

Himchan felt tears flowing from his eyes. His mind was confused. He didn't want to trust anything on the letter. The doctor saw him and comforted him. She clarified everything and Himchan felt quite thankful.         

 


Yes, this is the reason why Hyeri died.
No, this is the last. I promise.
thank you so much for reading :)

Support Hyeri and Himchan couple~ <3