| Final | Suffered

Broken Faith
 
 
 
Author’s note :
Last chapter, guys… 
 
Thanks for subscribers, upvoters and commenters. Hope you enjoyed. Forgive me if there’s any mistakes. Last words, have a great day :) 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Hyoyeon?”
 
Hyoyeon diverted her eyes to the man who is hugging her close from the back, cuddling together on the white couch lovingly. 
 
Three months after Kris’s leaving, Hyoyeon is never had the time of thinking her distant husband. She wasn’t care. Seems all the modern technology devices and application aren’t helping her to communicate with Kris. That doesn’t mean that all those invented stuff with high-technology aren’t useful enough. The problem is Hyoyeon, she’s too lazy or too ignorance about taking care the certain person.
 
She considered this as a revenge for how Kris had attended her once she is still there for him. 
 
“Yes, Sehun?” she asked, cracking a smile.
 
“Don’t you have any thought of divorcing him?” 
 
“I’m lying if I say I didn’t” 
 
She had been thinking of it every single day. She didn’t lie. She’s all ready for a divorce but the only problem is would Kris signed the papers? What if he won’t? 
 
“You should sent him a notice, soon.” Sehun encouraged with a soft voice, worrying that he might be sound really bad. He doesn’t want to be called as a coward who snatches away someone’s wife while at the same time encouraging someone to take a wrong way that will lead into breaking a husband and wife.   
 
“This” Sehun pulled out her wedding ring from her finger. “Return this to him”
 
Hyoyeon took the ring from his hand, and nodded slightly. “We’re going to divorce. I’ll make sure of that”
 
 
 
 
 
<><><><>
 
 
10:39 a.m.
 
 
Kris is back to Korea today without no one knowing including Hyoyeon. He wanted to make a surprise to his spouse. 
 
At America, slowly, he had realised how important Hyoyeon is to him. He also had experienced the feelings of being alone with no beloved person accompanying. He had no idea on how hurt it was before , and mentally cursing himself for not noticing the pain Hyoyeon was facing all the time. Now he knew, he’ll make sure to not repeating his vivid fault.
 
Refusing Luhan’s offer to pick him up at the airport stubbornly after a lot of argument, Kris went home with a taxi. At the seat, he hugged closer to his chest the present or most likely to say as a surprise gift, he bought for Hyoyeon from America.
 
It’s a couple bracelet with KH & WK both written on the steel. 
 
He’s sure she’ll like it.
 
 
 
Upon reaching their house, expecting to be welcomed by the petite blonde, instead he was welcomed by the silence. Kris sighed to himself, while considering that Hyoyeon right now might be at her work place. Giggled slightly over his stupidity, he went straightly to their room.
 
The house was taken care nicely by Hyoyeon because the condition of it was as if no one ever live in it. Neat, clean though there’s some spot which was occupied by dust. But that’s what Kris thought. He doesn’t even noticed that for all the time of his absence, Hyoyeon never stepped her foot into the house except if she had something particular to do.
 
He’s too dumb too realize that the house is as the same as how he saw it for the last time before departing. 
 
Kris took a quick bath, slid in his uniform. He had to go to his office as what Luhan had texted him.
 
Kris paced slowly to the night table to take his wristwatch he hasn’t use for god knows how long in the drawer. His eyebrows met due to the presence of a paper inside of it. As for what he remembers, he never placed something except for his personal stuff  inside of the drawer. Even Hyoyeon is never took a single glance in it.   
 
After done placing the wristwatch around his wrist, he grabbed the paper.
 
And he was shocked. Literally shocked.
 
 
<><><><>
 
 
 
 
Kris drove fastly to her workplace. 
 
 
 
 
<><><><>
 
 
 
 
Hyoyeon came out from the building, hand in hand with her lover, Sehun. Based on her schedule, she had to go to somewhere for a photoshoot. Jessica blessed their relationship. Hyoyeon is happy to hear it. Jessica even stated that Sehun is the right guy and Hyoyeon nodded, signed that she finally meets her Mr.Right. 
 
Kris reached the building at the right time before Hyoyeon and Sehun could leave the place. He saw her smiling with a guy. But they probably didn’t notice him. The paper stay firmly in his hand. 
 
The pain in his heart developed more as the two kissed.
 
God, is this what you want?
 
 
 
 
 
<><><><>
 
 
 
 
 
10:32 p.m.
 
 
Hyoyeon went into their house after Kris had texted her to come fastly. She is clueless. Despite having a hard thought, she still managed herself to reach the house she hasn’t went for while. Little side on her, she hoped that Kris had already read the paper and will have no objection.
 
The entrance door is wide opened as if it’s welcoming her. Without wasting any time, she stepped in, only to get the view of angry Kris sitting on the couch, with a familiar paper laid on the table in front of him.  
 
She is glad he read it. But at the same time, guiltness overwhelming her.
 
“Kris”
 
“Enjoy cheating on me?”
 
Hyoyeon took a seat at the couch opposite him. Kris is staring her with a stern look. 
 
“What do you mean?” she decided to act dumbly. 
 
“Note this, Hyoyeon. I’m not going to divorce you”
 
She sighed. “I’m tired, Kris. I’m tired of all this. Why can’t you just leave me and forget me?!”
 
Because it’s the last thing he wanted to do. To be exact, he hoped that he’ll not do that. He loves her for eternity. There’s no way he could forget his first love. It’s unbelievable that the stubborn Kris, who’s not really care about love before, could fall for the certain girl in his university.
 
Kris grabbed the divorce paper and scrunched it into a ball as he threw it away. Hyoyeon stared at him dumbly, holding the needs to slap him on the face. 
 
“Divorcing is not the wise way. None of us will be happy if we did”
 
“You don’t know how I feel, Kris”
 
“I know, Hyoyeon. I know. I ing know! But apparently, I’m more in pain than you are. I’m trying to fix myself, I want to attend you nicely and lovingly but after I got those ing paper where you want to divorce, right after I was back from America, realising me that I shouldn’t trust you!” 
 
Hyoyeon closed her eyes tightly and she opened it back after inhaling some air. She grabbed her hair in annoyance. “It was more than that. You’ve attended me wrong. I want to feel like how every married women in this world”
 
“You cheat on me! I never done that before” Kris’s voice has rapidly changed.
 
“It’s because I finally know who I want the most. I want to divorce, because it’s the best way for me to stop blaming myself”
 
“I won’t divorce you”
 
Right after the last words released from Kris, Hyoyeon grabbed her handbag, storming out from the house. She needs Sehun right now. She needs him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
<><><><>
 
 
 
The same pain came hitting her head again. She thought it’s just a common sickness of women having migrain. But damn, it’s hurts. Sehun adviced her to go to hospital for check up, jokely said that she might be pregnant of his child. With a slight giggle, Hyoyeon refused and retorted that it’s normal though she never felt that before. She doesn’t vomit or craving over something like how a pregnant woman should. So, she noted it as a simple sickness.
 
She became more forgetful these days. Sometimes she would forget Sehun’s apartment address. Due to that, Sehun had saved a note in her phone his address in case she’ll forget again. What was the most unacceptable is, Hyoyeon always forget what she wants to do and what she needs to do. Sehun is worried but upon seeing the calm Hyoyeon, he relaxed a bit.
 
She also had been so weak. Even standing straightly is too much for her. Jessica had to cancel almost all of her offers just because of that. There’s once where Hyoyeon was scheduled to have a photoshoot for a magazine, she could barely stand. And the magazine division had kindly let her to sit on a designed chair while the male model stands. Sehun could only watch her from afar, noticing that she is holding a mysterious pain and apparently, she is clueless as him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
<><><><>
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Though aren’t divorced, both Hyoyeon and Kris could merely meet. Hyoyeon rejected the feelings to meet him. He’s in eager to hold her in his arms. But whenever they met, accidentally or not, both of them will just simply shot a stare and immediately look away.
 
Kris behaviour isn’t changed. But it became worst. He’s silent before but now, he’s more silent. The usual serious and straight face of his seems couldn’t leave him. Luhan noticed him and sometimes blaming Hyoyeon for making him looks like a suffered and tortured abandoned guy. Kris has always retorted a heavy no everytimes Luhan voiced out about that. He still loves the woman but doesn’t have the way of getting her back.
 
 
 
 
 
<><><><>
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“If she went for a check up early, we could still do something but it’s late”
 
“It’s confirmed”
 
“She suffered a brain cancer”
 
“And there’s no way of healing it back”
 
 
 
 
 
<><><><>
 
 
 
 
21st September 2013
 
 
 
Hyoyeon is calmly reading a book while lying on her bed, not noticing Sehun’s presence. He went closer to her bed and sit beside her, caressing her blonde curled hair. 
 
“How are you?” he said with a low voice.
 
Hyoyeon tossed her book beside her and smiled, “Okay. But I’m sick of this hospital scent. I want to go out and inhale some fresh air, Sehun”
 
“You know I’m not allowed to bring you out. I will if I can” he answered. “Have you eaten?”
 
“Yeah” she nodded. 
 
All the sickness she had is now have the answer. She suffered a brain cancer. How regret she is for not taking care well of her body. And now, the doctor can just giving her the medicine to make the pain less hurting her. But it’s all useless when in the end she’ll dead. No one knew the date but God. Anytime, today or tomorrow. She could just pray hardly for God to give her life longer so that she’ll fix her mistakes. Her mistakes towards her only husband.
 
“Sehun?”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Can you do me a favor?”
 
He smiled, “Yes”
 
“I want Kris for my birthday”
 
Sehun sighed. She knew it’s impossible to bring Kris here when Kris doesn’t even know that she got a brain cancer. Hyoyeon refused to tell him though Sehun insisted.
 
“I will try”
 
 
 
 
 
<><><><>
 
 
 
22nd September 2013
 
 
 
 
The sudden sound of the bell suprising Kris who’s having his breakfast in the kitchen. He was expecting for a great Sunday without anyone bothering. Sighing heavily, he lazily paced to the entrance door, leaving his homecooked bacon and eggs.
 
Once he opened the door, the view of emotionless Sehun standing firmly in front of him, which makes Kris’s annoyance leveled up. Seeing the man that Hyoyeon chooses over him pissed him a little. However, he’s not sort of guy who loves to use violence, so he decided to stay calm.
 
“What do you want?” Kris said with stern tone.
 
“If you still have the need to meet Hyoyeon, better prepare yourself and follow me” Sehun said, sliding his hands into his pocket.
 
Kris scratched at the back of his neck. “Why should I? Why did you even care whether I still want to meet her or not?”
 
“Quit questioning. It’s her birthday today. She wants you to come”
 
Kris tilted his head to the side. “If just my presence there will just savouring you and Hyoyeon’s moment, I better not going”
 
Sehun sighed. “Now, do you want to come or not?”
 
Kris slammed the door closed, rolling his eyes.
 
And that’s also the exact time, Sehun is already knew the answer. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
<><><><>
 
 
 
 
Hyoyeon turned her head to the side when she heard the door being opened. He saw Sehun stepped into the room with a pink box in his hands. She diverted her eyes to his back, expecting to see a tall familiar figure walking behind but saw… nothing.
 
He was not there. She knew Sehun failed.
 
“I ask him nicely, Hyoyeon. But it’s a fail. God, I really want to punch him and just dragged his body here but I know you’ll mad on me” Sehun uttered with an obvious pissed face. 
 
Though it’s painful for unable to see her husband, she managed to shot a weak smile. Sehun works hard to bring Kris to get there, and she doesn’t want to let him know that she isn’t satisfied. “Never mind Sehun. Maybe he hates me already”
 
Sehun placed the box on the table beside her bed and scoffed, “I’m pissed, really”
 
“Just forget it, Sehun. It won’t change anything” 
 
He smiled. “Yeah”
 
“Now should we celebrate my birthday?”
 
 
 
It might be not the best birthday in her whole life with only two person celebrating. But she was grateful that God still lets her celebrate happily. Today might be the last day she’s alive. She could feel that she will dead soon. 
 
Seeing the amused Sehun playing around her, she can’t help but cracked into a wide grin she ever had ever since she’s confirmed having a braing cancer. Sehun makes her happy, but the one who can completes her day is Kris.
 
Along the day of suffering, she realised that she’s still in love with Kris. Her only skyscrapper, picasso, lover and man. She felt regret for all what she’d done with him. She wants to beg his forgiveness so that she’ll dead peacefully. It’s too hard to do and too hard to say.
 
 
 
 
7:45 p.m.
 
 
Hyoyeon is lying on the bed eyes closed tightly, with Sehun sitting at the edge of it. She looks too tired after a not so happy day because she doesn’t get something she wanted the most. Smiling weakly, Sehun reached her hand and caressed it with his thumb. 
 
A nurse entered the room, signing that it’s her time to take pills. Sehun shook Hyoyeon’s weak body for her to get up from her sleep but getting no response, he started to get panic.
 
“Hyoyeon?”
 
No response.
 
“No, Hyoyeon. Please don’t make a joke. It isn’t funny”
 
No response.
 
“Hyoyeon!”
 
 
The moment after that, Sehun felt his body was pushed away out from the room by the nurse as a doctor entered the room quickly. Another nurse closed the door not letting Sehun to come entered.
 
He knew she’s gone.
 
But can’t accept the fact.
 
 
 
 
 
 
<><><><>
 
 
 
 
The two lovers are sitting together on the bench, facing the beautiful night scene of Han River and uncountable skyscrapers. Final exam was hard. Hyoyeon and Kris decided to release their stress with a date. Though it’s night, Kris still could managed himself to read a book, with the help of lights from a street’s lamp. 
 
Hyoyeon is bored, looking at his focused boyfriend. She pouted. “I will be leaving for the next 5 minutes”
 
“Still early” Kris retorted, not looking away from his book. 
 
Hyoyeon groaned, “I’m tired”
 
“What makes you tired?” finally, he turned his head to face her. Pushing his glasses up to the bridge of his nose, Kris continued, “When what we’ve done are just simply sitting on this bench?”
 
“I’m tired of watching you reading that book. Sometimes, I wonder if we’re married, are you going to ignore me, leave me alone in our house as you’re busy with your works. It’s a hint. God had kindly sent it to me, signing that I shouldn’t take you as my husband”
 
Kris chuckled. She probably reads to much angst book. “I will not. I swear. Even if you suffered a cancer or some mysterious disease, I will always by your side” 
 
“Are you hoping me to get a cancer?” she asked with wide eyes. 
 
Kris’s laughs are more obvious this time. He caressed her cheek, placing his book down to the bench. Leaning in closer, he placed his lips on hers. Silently devouring her pink tainted lips that he loved. It’s a sweet and gentle kiss, but Hyoyeon is more than satisfied. The kiss was their first kiss for that day and she wished of having it everyday.
 
 
 
 
 
 
<><><><>
 
 
 
 
 
 
23rd September 2013
 
 
 
 
It’s supposed to be a beautiful morning. 
 
Kris is waiting for the heavy rain to stop so that he can drove safely to his office. He sipped a warm chocolate drink. It’s all peace except for the creepy sounds of thunder. No longer after that, his phone ringed. 
 
He placed the mug on table and reached out for his phone. 
 
Unknown number.
 
He sighed but clicking the green button. “Hello?”
 
“Is this Mr. Wu?”
 
“Yes”
 
“We’re from Seoul Hospital. According to what Mr. Oh said, you’re Mrs. Kim Hyoyeon’s husband isn’t it?”
 
“Yes”
 
“Mrs. Kim was dead yesterday at the hospital”
 
“What? How can?”
 
“She suffered a brain cancer. We thought you know that”
 
 
He dropped his phone.
 
It’s too late.
 
How come someone wasn’t telling him that she suffered a cancer? 
 
He should come to her birthday yesterday.
 
But it’s too late.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Love wasn’t something that we should craving for. It’s all about feeling. It’s about how the two lovers ended up with a happy ending”