kaisoo: dog

pets

Woof, woof! (Hey, master!)

Jin wags his tail from side to side. His tongue sticks out from his parted lips, between his sharp canine teeth, and he waits for his master to give him a hug.

After a long day of waiting, his master finally—

—steps around him to greet the other human sitting on the couch.

Jin pouts and whines loudly, turning around just in time to see his master kiss the other human on the face (or lips, but Jin can’t see). He whines again and again until Kyungsoo turns to him and kneels down on the floor with open arms.

“Of course I wouldn’t forget about you, Jin,” coos Kyungsoo as soon as Jin runs into his arms. He the side of his face with his long tongue and receives an almost exasperated look from the other human.

The other human has two names: Kai and Jongin. Jin doesn’t know who he really is because sometimes Kyungsoo would call him Kai (especially if the latter has fancy clothes on) but typically Kyungsoo calls him Jongin.

Jin sort of likes Jongin and Kai. Just a little bit. Maybe it’s because Jin can relate to the other human. (In other words, Jongin and Kai act like dogs.)

“Jin, did you eat the food I left for you today?” Kyungsoo asks, rubbing the back of his ears.

Jin barks happily. Kyungsoo continues to put all his attention on Jin; running his fingers through his fur, rubbing his belly, pressing his warm lips on Jin’s forehead—but then Kyungsoo abruptly stops.

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo sighs, head tilting back to look at the other human who had latched himself behind him.

Okay, the human is called Jongin today.

“What?” Jongin mumbles, nuzzling his face in his master’s neck.

“What are you doing?”

Jin peers over Kyungsoo’s shoulder to look at Jongin. The human is trying to take his master’s attention again! If Jongin wasn’t like this, then maybe Jin would have liked him better! 

“I want your attention,” Jongin says, lips dancing along the side of Kyungsoo’s neck. 

Jin barks in annoyance, futilely fighting against the other human’s charm work. He can see his master quickly giving into Jongin’s kisses.

“But Jin is—“

“He’s fine. I’m sure he won’t mind,” says Jongin in a husky whisper. The human catches his master’s lips in a deep and leisure kiss, teeth sinking into his master’s flesh. Jin can feel the possessiveness roll off of Jongin; possessiveness only a lover would emit. 

The dog taps his paws on Kyungsoo’s chest in a last attempt to gain some interest from him, but to no avail. His master is too involved with Jongin to notice.

Jin locks eyes with Jongin (stupid human always wants his master’s attention) and, with a pouty bark, he slides off Kyungsoo’s lap to go into the kitchen. He doesn’t see the smug smirk on Jongin’s mouth.

As Jin distracts himself with the dog food he scattered on the kitchen floor, he ponders. Jongin is only fun when Kyungsoo’s not around. And Kyungsoo’s only fun when Jongin’s not around.

Woof, woof! (That’s right.)