I.

Sick
The more Taekwoon thinks about this, the least he understands what has gotten him into this position, with the maknae sitting so close to him that every intake of breath he takes is taking the elder one step closer to lose his stoic composure. His body is completely tuned for the youngest’s own, reacting ever so slightly at every small shift of his body. Taekwoon scowls down at the device in his hands as if it were the perpetrator of a really bad deed. 

In his eyes, it pretty damned is.

Taekwoon had only wanted to monitor their performance of the day before, sitting down on the couch with his earphones plugged in. He hadn’t given any attention to Hongbin and Jaehwan, well, really only Jaehwan, trying to get Wonshik to tell them who was better at acting cute (‘no, no, look, I’m the definition of cute, come on Wonshik, you know you can’t hide your love for Kenjumma – Wonshik-ah, come here- hey- yah! Don’t ignore me!’) and just submerged himself in the stage lights and screams of the fans playing on his phone. He had been barely watching for half a minute before he felt his left earplug getting pulled out. Looking up, he had had just enough time to see the grin that Sanghyuk directed at him before his warm body had fallen into his side.

Taekwoon sighs. 

“Hyung, what is it? You were really good on stage, why do you keep sighing?”

Taekwoon’s eyes flicker to the youngest, noticing the slight crease atop of his eyebrows as he’s looking him worriedly. He has to stop himself from reaching out to brush his fingers over it, to tell Sanghyuk that he shouldn’t do that because he’ll end up getting wrinkles. Instead he looks back down onto the small screen, curtly shaking his head to indicate that it was nothing.

When he feels warm hands on his shoulders that force him to turn back towards the maknae, he is so close snap. The closeness of the younger is already enough for him to lose his concentration, thoughts flickering back to where and how much their bodies are actually touching. He doesn’t need him to make an effort to get him to talk on top of that, because he isn’t sure if he can trust his words with the way Sanghyuk’s thigh presses so firmly into his, making his heart stutter. Taekwoon hates stutters. Especially when they imply emotions he prefers to ignore.

“What.”

His voice is soft but cold, and he has half a mind to apologize when he sees the short flicker of insecurity flash over Sanghyuk’s face. Usually, he always tries his best to make the people around him feel as welcome as he can. Especially Sanghyuk, who, Taekwoon thinks, needs a bit more of healthy confidence in himself.

But as fast as it came it’s gone and the next second, with the maknae lifting the strands of hair that fall into Taekwoon’s eyes and pressing his hot forehead into his, it’s Taekwoon’s turn to feel insecure. With the youngest pressing his face so close to his own, eyes focusing on his in concentration, he feels his mouth get as dry as it practically can. He closes his eyes, instinctively trying to keep himself from looking at the other. Instead his mind concentrates on Sanghyuk’s warm breath on his lips, though, and he isn’t sure if looking into his eyes isn't the safer idea.

He keeps still, though, counting the seconds in his mind until he can feel the younger move away.

“Hmm. Weird.”

Taekwoon opens his eyes again. Sangyhuk has a contemplating look on his face, looking at Taekwoon in thought. The latter looks back at him, his eyebrows squinting up slightly in a silent question. All the while he is trying to control his slightly erratic breathing.

“It’s weird. I thought for sure you might have caught a cold. You were shaking a little next to me, and your cheeks even turned pink, hyung. But you don’t seem to have a fever…” Sangyhuk trails off and Taekwoon coughs at the words. His eyes are darting towards the kitchen now, Taekwoon’s own zeroing in on the lip the younger pulls between his teeth.

Sanghyuk’s eyes come back to Taekwoon and the elder coughs again to hide that he had been staring. It only makes the youngest somewhat more uneasy about his Taekwoon-hyung getting sick, and Taekwoon really brought it on himself when the maknae curls his fingers around his wrist to pull him into their bedroom.

Leading - or probably more something along the lines of forcefully pulling, considering  the clear opposition Taekwoon is currently giving, the elder to his quilt, Sanghyuk gently pushes him down onto it and pulls the covers over him. A smile plasters on his young face, and Taekwoon is so close to groan out loud because really, he couldn’t take much more of Sanghyuk simply being Sanghyuk before he might actually start to lose his hardly kept control. The fact the maknae was being overly sweet at making sure his hyung wouldn’t get sick just nudges a part in Taekwoon that he doesn’t want to admit to.

“Stay here, hyung, I’m going to get you some medicine.”

Off he sprints, and Taekwoon can hear him opening drawer after drawer in the kitchen at the search of medicine. It gives him a second to realize that the bedroom is indeed empty, no Hakyeon lazing around the room. He can still hear Jaehwan and Hongbin arguing over some low life acting competition ('just because he featured in MVs doesn't mean he can really act') which they were forcing onto Wonshik to decide, and Tekwoon reasons that it is actually nice like this, having only Sanghyuk’s attention on him.

At those thoughts the youngest strolls back into the room with a glass of water in his right, the medicine in his left hand, closing the door behind him with his foot. He taps over and sits down in front of Taekwoon.

“Here, hyung. Drink all of it.”

But Taekwoon only shakes his head, making the maknae frown. He moves closer to his hyung, pocking the glass of water in his direction.

“Really, hyung, you should drink this.”

Taekwoon refuses again. He feels a little bold, knowing that the door to the room is closed, and before Sanghyuk knows what is happening, long fingers circle themselves around his wrist and pull him forward. He lands next to Taekwoon on the quilt, and before he can protest, the elder’s arms wrap around him tightly, pulling him so close their bodies touch. Sangyhuk can feel his cheeks getting warmer and his body tensing at the unexpected contact. He can hear Taekwoon’s low chuckle at the back of his neck, and a small shudder runs down his spine as he feels the breath hit his skin.

“Look who’s shaking and burning up now.”

It takes the maknae’s overwhelmed mind a second to comprehend what the elder is saying. When the realization hits him, his cheeks flush even redder, and he is damn glad he isn’t facing his hyung. Taekwoon just laughs quietly under his breath, his fingers grazing over Sanghyuk’s in the gentlest of touches.



When the next morning rolls around and Taekwoon wakes up with a sore throat and a fever that sends cold shudders down his spine in waves, Sanghyuk only gives him a pointed look before throwing the medicine in his direction, shuffling out of the room to get him a glass of fresh water.