Troublemaker II

You, Me and our Baby?!

~~~~~

“I can’t. The lock’s on the other side of the door.”

Jiyeon could only gap as Hongki said those words. It CANNOT be. How can this happen? They’re stuck on a rooftop in the middle of the night completely soaked with water. What a fun way to catch a cold.

“Phone. Phone. PHONE! Give someone a call!” she exclaimed.

The two simultaneously reached for the phones in their pockets, only to face yet another horror.

A “” escaped Hongki’s mouth.

“We’re doomed,” Jiyeon said concurrently, as they stared at their saturated phones’ black screen. “Now what Mr. Let’s-do-something-crazy?” she snapped afterwards glaring at her company. They were now sitting side-by-side resting their backs on the parapet wall.

“Well, I have two plans. We could stay here the whole time until they opened the door or we could jump off the building. Your choice, a fever or death?” Hongki, who already put on his clothes despite the fact that it was wet, gave her a playful stare.

She faked a laugh, “Or I could just push you off the building which will save me from impending events like this in the future.”

“Oh so you’re implying, there’s a chance we could do something like this again?”

“Not really. I’m just saying,” she said flatly.

“Your lost,” he sneered before standing up. Jiyeon watched him as he peeked down the side of the building. Slowly, a delighted smile formed on his face as if he found something amazing. “Are you afraid of heights?”

“No, what about it?” Jiyeon gave him a strange look before standing up and peeking down. Down the side of the building, she could see a gloomy image of an iron ladder that obviously serves as an emergency exit.

“Good then. And I know, I know. I’m awesome,” he declared pompously.

She scoffed at him, in which he ignored with a shrug.

“I’ll go down first and check if any windows below us are open so we could take the stairs down. It’s too dangerous if we go down all the way with this ladder, it’s too dark.”

Jiyeon watched him as he mounted up the parapet. Before he lowered himself down the ladder, she snatched his wrist with a concern expression, “It’s okay if you don’t do this. We can just wait ‘till morning. Like you said it’s dangerous.”

“Oohhh~ you’re worried about me, huh?” he teased.

She gave him an offended look, “Of course I am! What do you think of me?! Do you think I take your life lightly?!”

Hongki was taken aback for a moment, not expecting her response. He knew it was nothing special. He knew that even if it were not he, who was with her right now, she would still worry for that someone. Besides she worries about everyone. Still, at the back of his mind, he wanted it to mean something more.

He patted her head gently and smiled, “Thanks but don’t worry, I’ll be careful. I will get us down from here.”

“Just,” she sighed. “Just be really really careful and take your time while going down okay?”

“Yes ma’am,” he saluted with a smiled before climbing down the ladder. It wasn’t long when he reached the last step adjacent to a one meter wide platform projecting from the building which serves as if a roof extension. It looks like a balcony but without railings at the edge. And there was no door to enter or exit from it, only rows of windows. 

Jiyeon gasped when Hongki made a quick jump from the ladder to the platform, which was a foot away from each other. As soon as he landed on his feet, he looked up and gave her a cheeky smile and a thumb up. It made her chuckle a little. How can he act nonchalant about this? But what could she do, he’s charming like that.

After checking the windows, luck finally struck Hongki on the third one. Eagerly, he called for Jiyeon and gave her an okay sign, “You can come down now.”

Jiyeon gulped. Yes, she was not afraid of heights but she’s afraid to die a gruesome death with her brains spluttered all over the place. “If I die, take care of everything that I left behind okay?” she said.

“You won’t, I won’t let you,” Hongki promised as he stretched both his hands implying to catch her if she falls.

“Cheeseball,” she shook her head smiling. Scratch what she said earlier, he’s not charming, he’s VERY charming.

As she slowly climbed down, taking one step at a time, Hongki was occasionally telling her to, “Be careful,” “Don’t look down,” “Breath Jiyeon,” “Slowly,” “Good, you’re almost there,” “Almost there,”.

And on her last step, he stretched a hand to her. As soon as she took it, he planted his feet on the concrete and told her to jump. She held onto her breath and leaped onto him. Swiftly, he caught her by the waist and pulled her close to him, their nose almost touching each other. Their gazes locked. Hearts stopped.

They were shivering. And both didn’t realize until they felt each other’s tremor.  

Without breaking eye contact, Hongki spun on his feet and slowly put Jiyeon down. “Let’s get inside,” he murmured, holding back the urge to devour her lips right there and then.

“We should, it’s really cold,” she stammered stepping back.

“After you,” Hongki motioned his hand to the open window.

Once both have mounted up the window and settled inside, Hongki went to check for the door.

And thank the Gods, it wasn’t locked this time.

 


 

Jiyeon’s POV:

I was sitting on the wooden floor blowing my hair dry as I stared blankly into space. Tonight was really—crazy. Not only because I went out at night to watch a really wild concert, or that Hongki and I sneaked inside a school in the middle of night. Or swam—or in my case held my breath under water so as to not be caught—in a rooftop swimming pool without permission and not even when we climbed down a ladder down the side of a five-story building, even it means we could die.

Well yeah, those are pretty crazy stuff for a person like me and I had to admit it was fun. But what really made it crazy, was the strange things Hongki had been saying or doing and making me feel.

First, there was the most awkward motorcycle ride. And then we went to his favorite home restaurant in which the ahjussi said I was the first girl he brought there. Thirdly, what does he mean by “If it was to happen now and not then, I’ll definitely NOT turn you down.” And lastly, that moment when I felt my heart skipped a few beats when I felt his body shiver against mine, and that stare…oh that stare, I thought I was going to melt in his arms.

It made me jumped when I heard a knock from the door. “Hey, you finish changing yet?” it was Hongki.

“Yep come in,” I said switching off the hair drier. I turned to see him carrying a tray with two steaming mugs.

“I made hot cocoas,” he informed as he slid the door close. “And I finally convinced ahjussi and her wife to sleep and that we could take care of ourselves.”

“Good, because they look exhausted, and they’ve done too much for opening their door to us in the middle of the night,” I nodded. To be honest, I would have insisted on going home immediately and not bother the elders anymore if it were not because we’re already freezing to death. After sneaking out of the school, Hongki went to get his motorcycle parked just outside the home restaurant we went earlier. The ahjussi was just about to close when he saw us in our state, wet, shivering and tired. He immediately ushered us inside. He gave us dry clothes to change into while preaching like an old man he is, he even insisted on us staying here because it’ll be dangerous to go home now. We tried to argue but lost anyway. Hongki went to change in the bathroom downstairs while I was ushered in an empty bedroom on the second floor, where I was to stay for the night.

“I’ve already called the house to notify Yoona’s mom we won’t be coming home for the night,” I informed him as he sat next to me and handed me the mug. It immediately warmed my hands. “Where are you going to sleep anyway?”

“The couch, on the living room, which is in the second floor as well,” he answered blowing before sipping his beverage. “Why? Do you want me to stay here with you?” he smiled cutely.

I scoffed, “In your dreams.”

After a brief but not really awkward silence he turned to face me.

“What?” I asked blowing the steam off my cocoa, when he wasn’t saying anything.

He opened his mouth to say something but immediately closed it again. He shook his head, “Nevermin—“

“AAAAAHHHHHH!!!! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD IT’S FLYING! IT’S FLYING!” I screamed at the top of my lungs latching onto something as I pointed in horror at the cockroach flying across the room. I feared cockroach, no, fear in an understatement most especially for the kind that had wings.

“Okay, okay, stop punching me!”

“AAAHHH!” I let out another scream as the freaking insect flew past above my head. I ducked and buried my face onto something with eyes tightly shut. “OH MY GOD KILL IT HONGKI! KILL IT!” I cried. I could hear Hongki snickering.“This is not funny, go kill it!”

“Alright, alright, but how am I supposed to kill it if your holding me down?”

Huh? There was a brief silence, until it hit me. I opened one eye to confirm and damn right, my instincts were correct. Oh ghad, I’m stupid.

“Oh yes, you latched onto me and buried your face on the crook of my neck,” Hongki smirked. I didn’t know how it happened, but I managed to put us in a very awkward position. And in an awkward position, I mean he was lying on the floor while I was on top of him.

“I—I’m sorr—“

“The cockroach just went pass your head again.”

I immediately ducked. Hongki chuckled.

! I ended up snuggling, not on the crook of his neck this time but on his broad chest.

“I—I’m sorry I d—“

I gasped when he pulled me back down with his arms wrapped around my waist. I blinked rapidly leaning my head away from his face as much as possible, “W—what are you doing?”

“You started it,” he drawled ily. “You’re the one who latched onto me first.”

I gulped looking away as my heart escalated in a very fast pace, “Ya, stop or—“

“Or what?” he cocked a brow challengingly.

“Or…or…I’ll kick you out the house.” I smacked my head mentally. What a lame threat, and an unrealistic one for that matter.

“Oh yeah?” he smiled playfully.

I pushed myself up only to be pulled down again. “Hong…ki…”

My voice trailed off as I found myself staring directly on his dark brown orbs. Our nose was just an inch away from each other and I could practically feel his feathery warm breathe on my slightly agape lips.

I could feel my air thinning as I watched him move his head up to meet mine. There was no sense of playfulness or teasing in his eyes as he bridged the gap between us.

My heart stopped when he tilted his head on one side and gently placed his soft lips against mine. My eyes went widely open in shock making me witness how his eyes slowly fluttered close.

I didn’t know how long it took me to get my senses back but eventually I did. Thank god. I pushed myself up harshly pulling away from the kiss. “Get out,” I pointed at the door avoiding any eye contact.

Hongki sat up and blinked up at me, “Huh?”

“I said get out!” I growled. “Okay,” he stuttered, confusion painted on his face, as he went out of the room closing the door behind him.

As soon as he was out of the room, I dropped onto the floor. A mixture of feeling overwhelmed me. I can’t point out which is what, but one thing is for sure, I feel angry. Very angry.

That was my freaking first kiss! And he stole it from me!!!

I held onto my lips staring into space.

Why? Why would he kiss me? WHY WOULD HE FREAKING KISS ME OUT OF NOWHERE?!

But he's lips were really soft and warm--WAIT NO! WHAT AM I THINKING! I SHOULD BE MAD ! I SHOULD BE REALLY MAD! AISH!

 

 

 

 


 

P.S. I was supposed to update yesterday as a treat for y'all for the start of the year but i was really sleepy last night so yeah kekeke~ anyway thanks for all the new subscribers and your comments <3

HAPPY 2014 EVERYONE :DDD