Just The Way You Are

Just The Way You Are - Jungmin

Standing in front of your bathroom mirror you slipped on some of your new pajamas as you scanned your body to see how they fit on you. The stretchy, fluffy material was perfect but it showed every imperfection. Letting your eyes rise, you closed them when you saw more and more imperfections. You sighed as you wrapped yourself in a towel and opened the bathroom door. Jungmin was laying on the bed reading a book with his shorts and a tank top as his lamp was , letting the soft light fill the room. Quickly sprinting to the closet, Jungmin’s eyes shot up to see you in the towel with your clothes underneath.

"Did you shower in your clothes again, sweetheart?" He cooed as his soft giggle followed.

"N-N-No." You stuttered as you let the towel fall to the ground, revealing the ugly pajamas that showed every little thing that you hated.

"Where is your new outfit? I want to see it on you~" He called as you practically begged him to see you in it earlier in the day.

"I don’t want to show it to you anymore!" You said disheartened as all you could do is stare at the wall and see the ugly image in the mirror.

"Why not?" Jungmin began to get worried as he went the closet and knocked on the door.

"Because I said so!" You spat back as your hand gripped the handle of the door.

”_______ please come out.” He said as he tried to jiggle the handle.

"Why so you can make fun of me?" You began to cry as you slid down the door and onto your knees.

"No, I want to tell you how beautiful you are." Jungmin said as he heard you crying, "Please, open the door." He was desperate now, knowing that you were crying. Letting your hand slip from the door handle he opened the door as he stopped and looked down at you.

"What are you looking at?" You cried as you scurried off to bed.

"An angel." He said as he turned off the lights and put his book away before wrapping his arms around you, snuggling up against your back he nuzzled his head into your neck as he placed sweet kisses there. Knowing your weaknesses you caved letting everything out.

"I look ugly. I am so stupid and I can’t do anything for myself. I can’t look good for you and I don’t look good for myself." You rambled off some more things you hated about yourself before he sat up and looked down at you.

"Where do you think your ugliest part is?" Jungmin said as you looked up at him confused.

"All of me." You said, honestly not being able to choose just one. He nodded his head as he laid down next to you. Looking over at him you squinted your eyes at his antics, "What are you thinking about?"

"How to make you feel beautiful, how to show you that you are beautiful in my eyes, how to make you love yourself as much as you love me." His hand brushed over your cheek as he gave you a side smile. Moving closer to you he kissed your shoulder then your neck as he laid his head next to your ear.

"You are beautiful, I wouldn’t change one thing about you. I would change myself before I would change you." His whisper tickled your ear as you felt a smile try to make its way out. He began to lightly sing one of the songs that was on his ‘You’ playlist, Bruno Mars’ Just The Way You Are.

Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they’re not shinin’
Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her tryin’
She’s so beautiful
And I tell her everyday

Yeah, I know, I know when I compliment her, she won’t believe me
And it’s so, it’s so sad to think that she don’t see what I see
But every time she asks me do I look okay?
I say

When I see your face
There’s not a thing that I would change
‘Cause you’re amazing
Just the way you are

And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
‘Cause girl, you’re amazing
Just the way you are

Her lips, her lips, I could kiss them all day if she’d let me
Her laugh her laugh, she hates but I think it’s so y
She’s so beautiful
And I tell her everyday

Oh, you know, you know, you know I’d never ask you to change
If perfect’s what you’re searching for, then just stay the same
So don’t even bother asking if you look okay
You know I’ll say

When I see your face
There’s not a thing that I would change
‘Cause you’re amazing
Just the way you are

And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
‘Cause girl, you’re amazing
Just the way you are

The way you are
The way you are
Girl, you’re amazing
Just the way you are

When I see your face
There’s not a thing that I would change
‘Cause you’re amazing
Just the way you are

And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
‘Cause girl, you’re amazing
Just the way you are, yeah

Adding his own spin onto it of course, he finished with you in his arms as his hands roamed your back as you listened to his heart.

"Do you really think that I am beautiful?" You asked as you waited for his answer tightening your grip on him.

"More than the day before." He said kissing your head as he whispered the song, as if it was a poem until you fell asleep in his arms.