Final

Slow Down Baby

Young Prince Kai remembers his mother always tell him that his life is different from other kids. He's been told that everything in his life had been arranged. From the small things like how he's scheduled to sleep and to eat in exact time everyday, how the things he has to learn with teachers that came to his mansion is different from most of the subjects in the most schools (Yixinghis bestfriend who is a son of a nobleman and one of a few children that is actually allowed to play with Kaitold him he doesn't have to learn riding horses, or table manner or public speaking in his school) and how he can't go out to play without guards, until the big thing like how his future will be ('But you don't have to worry about it yet, Jongin,' his mother said to a 5 years old Prince Kai, smiling. And Kai smiled back because he always love when his mother called him by his real name). His mother told him all of this really well.

His father is a King that respected and loved by the civilians. He leads the kingdom really well, he has a beautiful and lovely wife who is the Queen and also Kai's mother. Civilians love the royal family, Kai had realized that since he was younger. There would be tons of gifts sent to his mansion everytime he celebrated his birthday, and the whole villages was usually throw a celebration for it. As a child, Kai loves it really much. Kai loves being a prince. Luckily, in the hand of his mother, Kai didn't grow up to be a spoiled and arrogant boy. His mother always tell him if he wanted people to love him, he should love them first. That's why everytime he went out of the palace with his father, Kai always waved his small little hands and smiled to all of the villagers around. With this, the adorable little prince was automatically loved by all of the civilians.

Kai has never bothered by how his life is extremely arranged and organized. He's a really good boy, he knows hia parents love him and they want the best for him. So he lets them and he lives happily like how he supposed to be.

But here finally comes the day where Kai should be a little bit worry about his future. He is 12 years old now, and his parents told him yesterday that he would be meeting the Queen for him in the future tomorrow night at the dinner. Which is tonight. And he can't lie to himself that he is worried.

"What are you thinking about, sweetheart?" the Queen asks his son as she kneels down and fixes the collar of Kai's robe in front of the mirror.

"Nothing," Kai pouts. He lets his mother fixes his outfit as he plays with the gundam robot in his hands. He looks blank though.

"Hey," the Queen lifts up his chin. "You're never good at lying."

Kai looks up at his mother hesitantly, but then he shakes his head.

The Queen sighs, "Is it about Young Lady Krystal?"

At the mention of her name, Kai seems like he just snapped out from his thought, "Is she pretty?" he finally voices out.

His mother frowns, "Remember about not judging people by their look?"

Kai looks down and mutters, "Sorry, Mother."

It earns a sincere smile and light chuckle from his mother. Surely she understands his feeling and she excuses him for being worried. She's thankful enough that Kai's always been an obedient child. She her son's hair tenderly, "She's amazingly pretty inside and outside if that's really make you worried."

Kai looks back again at his mother. His eyes are sparkling and he looks like some weight on his shoulder had been lifted. But his mother knows he's still worried. Or nervous.

"Jongin, have you ever feel unsatisfied about whatever me and your father gave you?" the Queen asks.

The kid shakes his head. They spoiled him so much he could never ask for more. And he's grateful.

"Now do you trust me at this?"

The kid nods his head slow and hesitant, "But Mom..."

"Yes, honey?"

"How was your first meeting with Father?"

The Queen smiles, "It was...ordinary. We did a family dinner too, like what you and Young Lady Krystal would have in an hour."

Clearly still unsatisfied with her mother's answer, Kai purses his lips.

"It's not like you're going to get married tomorrow, baby boy," the Queen continues, smiling at the handsome kid in front of her.

Kai looks absorbed in his own thought as he plays with the arm of his gundam.

"Let's go, Young Prince, Jung family will come anytime soon," the Queen stands up, still smiling. She pats her son before walks away.

Kai finally puts his gundam back on rack where he puts all of his toys and follows his mother's step.

***

Kai shifts uncomfortably on his seat at the dinner table. He also shakes his legs occasionally, feeling really anxious.

He rarely meets new people from outside the royals. All of his life he's been just meeting and playing out with his besfriends, Yixing, Chanyeol and Suho every weekend.

Chanyeol ever told Kai that he had a crush on his classmate, Sulli or whatever her name, Kai never really remember. Suho also told him that they have many pretty girls in their class. But Kai never actually meet any girl, let alone have a crush on them.

This will be the first time Kai meeting a girl on his age, which apparently would be his wife in the far future. Kai doesn't know anything about girls. He has no idea about crushing with girls. Suho told him that having a crush on a girl will usually lead them to love the girl and want to marry her. But Kai is definitely clueless.

"Young Prince," Kai hears his Father stern voice and he realizes he's been shaking his whole body nervously to the point he almost shake the dinner tablealthough it's kind of impossible because the table is very big and heavy.

"I'm sorry," Kai mutters as he stops shaking himself. He doodles invisible drawing with his finger on the table instead. The Queen at the right side of him gives an amused look.

What if the girlthis Young Lady Krystaldoesn't like him? Also what if the girl likes him? What if the girl has a crush on him? What should he do to the girl? What does he do with girls, actually? Accompanying them playing dolls?

Kai is snapped out from his own thought when he hears the front guard announced that Jung family have come. Kai straightens his body. This is it. Whatever it is, he has to be ready to face it.

A man around his father's age enters the room and exchanges smiles with his father, followed by a lady who's holding a little hand of a very pretty girl around his age. His parents already stand up and welcoming their guests but Kai doesn't care about them anymore. He only pays attention to the mesmerizing beauty before his eyes.

Kai unconsciously leans forward to see the girl who's clinging onto her mother's hand. She is wearing a peach colored dress. Her hair is jet black and falls straight right on her shoulders. She's wearing a pink pastel ribbon as a bandanna. She notices that Kai has been staring at her and she looks away, half shy half scared. She shifts behind her mother's legs to dissapear from Kai's eyes and this kind of frustates the boy. He leans more hoping to see more of the girl. He doesn't understand how could her beauty be so radiant.

Kai realizes he was already kneeling on his chair only when he feels his mother's hand on his shoulder, pushing him down back to sit properly while whispering, "Manner, Young Prince."

But what is manner when he sees the most beautiful creation of God in front of him.

The 12 years old boy sits back down only to be gaping again because, yes, the girl is already sitting in front of him now, between her parents.

Kai feels his mother closes his mouth as his father tells a joke about Young Prince Kai is being imprinted by Young Lady Krystal and all the adults is laughing.

Kai doesn't have any time to think what does 'imprinted' means when he sees Young Lady Krystal looks back at him for a few seconds just to look away again. Her pale cheeks are now flushing red and Kai really wants to touch them.

All this time Kai thinks the most beautiful thing in this world are the flowers at his mother's garden. But he mentally says that he was wrong.

Because even 'beautiful' is an understatement for Young Lady Krystal.

***

Kai learns that night that Young Lady Krystal's real name is Soojung. He also learns that she's 2 years younger than him.

Kai doesn't have any younger sibling. He's never obliged to protect someone younger than him. He only learned that he has to protect his kingdom, and his mother. But this time, he feels like protecting Young Lady Krystal already, even though he doesn't know how, but he wants to.

Kai and Krystal never managed to talk that night, because it has been too late and the Jung family needs to go back.

Kai is dissapointed, but he knows his life is arranged anyway, so he doesn't complain.

He thinks he would never complain anything about that night but when he smiles and waves a goodbye to Young Lady Krystal and gets nothing in return, he starts to complain to his mother.

***

"She doesn't like me," Kai says. He is sitting on the floor, seriously building his new robot and many pieces of it are spreading all around him waiting to be placed on the right place.

It's a sunny Saturday morning and his mother just said that Young Lady Krystal and her mother just arrived at their mansion, ready for their second meeting.

"Who says that?" his mother asks, crouching near him.

"I told you many times already, Mom! She didn't look at me. She didn't smile to me. She didn't even wave back when I waved at her!" Kai whines in frustation. He almost kick his other robot which just he finished making last week.

The Queen chuckles. She never saw her son be this frustated and even talked back at her. Young Lady Krystal affects her so much, "Are you going to give up just like this?"

Kai looks back at his mother and frowns confusedly. Give up what?

The lady smiles widely, "Do you want to let Young Lady Krystal wait for you?"

Kai is still frowning, "Call Yixing, Mother. I want to play with him."

'Changing the topic, I see,' the Queen amusedly thinks.

Kai still doesn't move when his mother stands up.

"Jongin," she calls.

Kai hums unclearly. He concentrates in connecting the arm of his robot to the body.

"Go see Krystal," she continues.

Kai shakes his head, "I don't want."

This is really the first time Kai refused to do something.

"Young Prince Kai, this is an order," his mother changes the tone of her voice and the boy looks at her with disbelief.

The Queen has to supress her smile when Kai eventually stands up although with a scowl on his face.

"Don't be scowling in front of her," she warns.

Kai silently nods and walks out the room. The Queen smiles. She knows she has an obedient son.

***

Young Prince Kai and Young Lady Krystal spends their second meeting in the garden of his mansion.

Krystal sits on a bench and draws something on his drawing book while Kai sits on the ground and occasionally throw a stone to the pond in front of them, or even pulls out some grass. They haven't talk to each other ever since their mothers left them there half an hour ago.

Kai blames the drawing book. He blames whoever allow her to bring her drawing book. He looks back at her over his shoulder.

Krystal stucks out her tongue as she drawing seriously. Her soft hair cascading down her face. No matter how much Kai refused to be near her because he thinks she disliked him, she still looks as pretty as ever.

Decided that nothing interesting in watching the pond anymore, Kai turns his body and now he completely watching the girl drawing. She's coloring something now, she's been changing the crayon color for several times.

Krystal holds out her drawing book for a while, to judge her own work, just to realize that Kai has been watching her for a while now. Their eyes met but the younger girl immediately look away again. She even shifts to turn away a bit so that she can't see him, but of course it's not working. They're sitting across each other anyway.

"What are you drawing, Young Lady?" Kai finally asks.

Krystal doesn't give any answer. She's back lost in her drawing. At least, that's how she looks like.

Kai pouts. She's really going to ignore him, isn't she?

"Why are you here if you're not going to talk to me?" Kai scoffs as he stands up impatiently.

Krystal looks at him with her dark, bright and beautiful eyes. Kai's heart skips a beat at the eye contact but he determined he's not going to stay here if she doesn't talk.

"If you don't mind I'm going to back to my room. I want to finish my robot. Excuse me, Young Lady," Kai says.

With that, he leaves. Not giving any chance for Krystal to talk.



When a knock is heard on his door and he allows them to come in, he doesn't expect to see Young Lady Krystal peeking from behind the door.

Kai is surprised to see her. He is back sitting on the floor with his robots like where he was before she came with her mother this morning. She looks at him expectantly, waiting for him to really allow her to come in.

"Come in," Kai says finally, because his mother said it's not good to make people wait for them.

Krystal steps into the room slowly. She hugs her drawing book and crayon case on her chest. Kai still looks at her questioningly. She seems blushing as she notices the young prince was staring at her. She slowly kneels down across him, separated by his robots.

"I am sorry, Your Majesty," Krystal suddenly says. Her voice is really small, almost whispering.

Kai raises his eyebrows, not believing his ear that she finally talks, "Pardon?"

"I" she raises her voice a bit. "I am sorry...for not talking to you, Your Majesty."

Kai hears this clearly and he smiles a little Her voice is really beautiful. Everything about her is beautiful and Kai wants to praise every bits of her infinite beauty.

"It's okay," he says. "And it's Jongin for you."

Krystal looks at him with surprised. She doesn't say anything but a question look clearly formed on her face.

"Call me Jongin," he repeats.

She flushes bright red and looks down nervously as she stutters, "J-jongin." She mostly says that to herself, but he hears her.

Kai doesn't really like his real name except when it's being called by his mother. He never know it would sound even more beautiful with Krystal's voice.

Kai smiles at her and she blushes.

They spend the rest of the morning in Kai's room. Kai shows her all of his robot collection and tells the story behind the robots one by one. The girl still doesn't talk much but it's okay for Kai now, because she would occasionally smile and giggle at his word, and he never saw anything cuter than that.

"So, what did you draw today, Young Lady?" Kai suddenly asks. He sees her drawing book is left unoccupied as the owner move to take a look at Kai's robots.

Kai was already half way to reach out for the drawing book when suddenly Krystal jumps and hugs it back on her chest.

She shakes her head, "Secret."

Kai pouts, but he doesn't put a fight for it. Because at least she talks to him and she looks happy around him now.

***

Kai folds the chess game and keeps it in the drawer beside his bed as his father sitting in front of him in another night. They just finished their regular chess game almost everynight and the King just decided it's time for his son to sleep.

Kai sneaks into his blanket with a grin and his father fixes the blanket for him. He grins back to the kid. The King was about to stand up and leave his son to sleep when Kai held his wrist.

"Stay for a while, Dad," Kai pleads.

The old man smiles and nods, "As you wish, Young Prince."

The King sits at the edge of the bed. Kai snuggles into his bolster and his father pats his back to lull him to sleep. The Young Prince closes his eyes, enjoying his father's presence.

"Father," Kai suddenly says, eyes still closed.

"Hmmm?"

"Do you love Mother?"

The King chuckles, "Of course I do."

"How did it feel when you first saw her?"

He smiles at his son's question, already guessing where would this conversation lead to, "It was okay. We've always been friends. She's a good friend and I felt very comfortable around her."

Kai opens up his eyes again, "Did you think she's beautiful? I mean, like right when you saw her for the first time, you think that she's the most beautiful in the world."

"Sure I did think like that," his father answers. "But not right when I saw her for the first time. I did not gaping at her through the whole dinner like I never have seen a girl."

Kai notices there's a teasing tone in his father's voice and he buries his face onto the bolster. He groans, "I really have never seen a girl in my age. It's not my fault."

"I did not talk about you," the King retorts back earning a small hit on his arm from his son. "Whoa, you hit a King, son!"

"I don't care," Kai mumbles into the pillow.

The King laughs. Despite being a charming King on the outside, he can really be a playful father with his son

"Dadwillireallymarrykrystalsomeday?"

"Excuse me?" his father removes the pillow which muffled Kai's voice. He looks at his son questioningly.

When his father sees him, Kai can feel himself blushing and he immediately revised his question, "Will I... Will I have a beautiful wife like Mother someday?"

His father grins. Although he really did not catch what Kai said at the first time, he senses that Kai changed his question, "Of course, son. Krystal would be a beautiful wife and a beautiful Queen for you."

His father is teasing again and Kai hates him.

But still, Kai smiles secretly and he dreams about Krystal that night.

***

And Kai realizes he wetted his pants in the morning. But he swears he didn't peed and he doesn't know what happened.

The King shakes his head as he watches her wife changing Kai's bedsheet while laughing.

"You really do think a lot about Krystal, huh?" he pats his son's head.

Kai hates his mother when she tries to compare his face color with the red gown she's wearing.

***

Kai and Krystal have been spending some Saturdays together and for a while, Kai thinks it's more fun to spend the day with Krystal than with Yixing or Suho or Chanyeol.

Although their Saturday basically consist Kai talking or playing with his robots and Krystal listening or watching him.

But he doesn't want that today. He wants to do something fun with Krystal so he asked his bestfriends to join them today in the palace

"Friends, this is Young Lady Krystal," Kai grins. He stands beside the little girl and across them Suho, Yixing and Chanyeol stands in a row.

"Nice to meet you, Young Lady," Suho bows and smiles.

"And that is Young Lord Suho, Young Lord Yixing and Young Lord Chanyeol," Kai continues.

Krystal bows back, smiling a bit.

"Whoa, no wonder you didn't ask us to come for past weeks, you have a really beautiful girlfriend, Kai!" Chanyeol comments as he grins widely.

Kai grins back. Even though he doesn't actually understand the word 'girlfriend'. He only knows Krystal is a girl and she is a friend.

Krystal only looks down shyly, suddenly seem really interested with her shoes.

"Anyway, since we're all gather here today! Let's play!" Kai shouts excitingly.

Chanyeol jumps in excitement as Yixing nods. Suho suggests them to play hide and seek and Kai agrees. It's their favorite game after all. Kai asks for an agreement from Krystal and she nods while smiling.

Kai's heart is beating faster, not just because the excitement to play the game, and he smiles back to the girl.

They did a rock-paper-scissor and Chanyeol is being the "it" for the first game. He finds Krystal very fast and Krystal automatically being the next it. Krystal pouts, complaining that she hasn't familiar yet with the mansion. Chanyeol finds Suho in between the shelves at the small library, Yixing in the kitchen and Kai under the dinner table.

Krystal scowls as she pointed out to be the it. Kai sees her scowling and says that he would volunteer as the it instead of Krystal but the others disagree. Krystal still pouting as she starts to count. When she starts to look for the others, Kai purposedly only half hiding so Krystal can find him faster. She really does then, not recognizing that Kai did it purposedly for her and she jumps happily.

Kai grins as his mission success.

And he starts to secretly help Krystal to look for the others.

"Yixing is under the box at the living room and Chanyeol is under the stairs. Let me find Suho," Kai whispers to Krystal.

"What are you doing?" Krystal widens her eyes.

"Helping you," Kai winks as he walks off to find Suho.

Since Krystal doesn't like being the it and the fact that she's the only girl playing, she accepts Kai's help happily though. Soon she finds out the other three of them and they move to the next game.

This time Kai is being the it and yes, he purposedly pretends that he doesn't see where Krystal is hidingalthough hiding behind a curtain is very obvious. 'She's very smart,' Kai.scoffs in his headand finds her for the last one.

It's Suho turn for being the it and Kai immediately grab Krystal's hand and pull her to run.

"Let's hide together!" Kai hisses. Krystal follows the older.

They hide in the closet in his bedroom. Kai crouches down and pulls Krystal to crouch beside him in that narrow space.

"I used to hide here too when I played a trick with my parents," Kai tells her, giggling lightly. His breathing is unsteady because they just went for a run.

Krystal nods as she tries to manage her breath too.

After a while, they finally breathe normally again. Krystal leans back to the wall inside the closet, not realizing Kai was reaching out for something near him and opens something like a book.

She almost screams if she doesn't remember they were hiding when she notices it was her drawing book. Kai can't hold his surprised when she grabs back her book roughly.

"Where did you get this?" Krystal snaps.

Kai holds out something that is her bag, "I think one of the maid moves your things to here when you left it in my room."

Krystal grabs her bag and hugs her drawing book, "Did you see anything?"

"I guess I saw you're drawing a boy?" Kai answers. Despite that they're in a closet, surprisingly there's still a light among them so it's not really dark and he can saw her drawings.

But fortunately for Krystal, it still too dark for Kai to see her blushing face.

"I-i didn't..."

"Do you like that boy?" Kai asks.

"What?"

"I think I saw him on every page," Kai replies. His voice sounds hurt. Wait, Kai really think he is hurt. At least somewhere in his chest is hurting.

"I d-don't..." Krystal words trail off.

Krystal once again is breathing unsteadily although she didn't go for a run. Silent falls between them for a while and Kai unknowingly enjoys listening to her breathing.

Suddenly Krystal opens her drawing book again and shoves it in front of Kai. His eyes adjusting for a while and finally he sees the drawing.

There is a pond and a boy who's sitting on the ground. It looks really familiar but Kai couldn't point out where exactly he ever seen this scene.

Then Krystal turns the book to another page and it becomes clearer in Kai's eyes.

It is him. Definitely it is Kai with his Prince outfits, because no other boy out there could use the Prince outfits. She draws him like an anime version but it is definitely him. The hair, the sleepy eyes, and everything.

Kai turns to Krystal, "Is it me?"

Krystal nods slowly. Something big in Kai's stomach is dancing and rebelling until he kind of wants to throw up. But he doesn't throw up, instead he smiles really widely until his cheeks hurt.

"I like you," Krystal says softly. "Jongin."

And this time Kai is confused. Something in his stomach is still dancing and something in his brain is telling him to do something. A girl just confessed to him and he has to do something.

He basically just move with his instinctbecause, once again, a girl just confessed to him and he really has to do somethingand he doesn't think anything much as he finally crashes his lips on her soft and thin lips.

Krystal widens her eyes. She slaps Kai's shoulder but it's not strong enough to push him away. He likes when his lips touch her lips and something in his stomach likes it too, so he stays for a while.

He doesn't understand why when he pulls away from Krystal, the girl starts to cry.

"W-why are you crying?" Kai asks. He doesn't like seeing Krystal crying. Doesn't like at all. He keeps telling her not to cry but she doesn't stop. He is frustated and he finally scolds her, still telling her not to cry.

But she cries louder instead.

The Queen and Lady JungKrystal's momfinds them eventually. Krystal immediately clings to her mother leaving Kai in the closet and begging to go home soon.

***

The Queen and King asks the Young Prince what did he do to Krystal as soon as the Jungs went home. He never been good at lying, so Kai starts to explain.

He tells his parents about the drawing, the confession and the kiss among his sob.

He doesn't understand why do his parents facepalm themself when he says he kissed Krystal.

He starts crying louder.

***

Kai and Krystal never meet again after that.

***

Not until Kai is celebrating his seventeenth birthday.

It's been 5 years since the last time Kai saw Krystal. In those 5 years Kai had been grown up to be a very charming and good looking Prince. Many girls been trying to hit on him but he politely refused all. Yes, he's finally allowed to hang out with teens on his age since he was 14 because his father said he should develop his social skill in order to be a good King later. Since that time, Kai has been the most favorite charming and humble Prince for the civilians.

He met many friends from his bestfriends' school. He's introduced to Chanyeol girlfriend's Sulli and through her, he met many girls also.

Kai knows that the kingdom is not that big, so is the village. But he never met Krystal.

He had realized his mistake to Krystal long time ago though. He realized he wasn't supposed to kiss a girl just like that. He was just too naive, too stupid and too impatient.

He had told his mother to send apologize to the Jung family and asked if he could see Krystal again. But his mother always said the same words to him.

"Later, Jongin, later,"

He never know when 'later' is.

He tries to be patient, although he doesn't know when will he going to last. Because 5 years without Krystal was painful enough.

Chanyeol said he should go and try to look for some flings. His friend means no harm actually, he just doesn't like to see Kai always moping over Krystal. But no one can attracts him like Krystal does. Besides, what's the point of dating another girl when he would marry Krystal eventually?

Until he sees her tonight at his.seventeenth birthday party.

She was wearing black satin dress that fits perfectly on her body. God, if Kai think she was beyond beautiful when she was younger, he doesn't know what to describe her now. She looks so heavenly.

Krystal is chatting with some of Kai's friend and he wonders why did they never meet if they have the same circle friends? But Kai tries his best not to approach her rightaway, he's afraid that he's still a trauma for her. Although he is sure she comes for him. It is his birthday and everyone knows it. There's no way she comes for another reason.

It's like an answered prayer when finally Krystal looks at his direction and sends a smile.

She's really grown up. She never smile first at him before. Kai doesn't know if this is a good sign or a bad sign.

Kai returns the smile. He watches the gorgeous girl chat some more with her friendswhich also his friendsand gets almost surprised when she walks up to him.

He expects she comes for him, but he doesn't expect that she will approach him first.

"Happy birthday," she says, showing off her simple, beautiful smile.

"Thank you," is all he can say. Too happy, too overhelmed that he can finally talk again to her. To the girl that he realized has been the love of his life since 5 years ago.

***

"I'm sorry," Kai says finally.

Krystalwho is standing by his sidelooks back at him questioningly, "Hm?"

"You know..." Kai hangs his word, hesitant to continue.

Krystal is still looking at him expectantly. Kai looks forward to the pond, not wanting to look back at the girl beside him. It is the same garden that they had spent their second meeting togetherbefore he left her because she ignored him. Some plants had changed, but overall the garden is still the same.

"I know what?" asks Krystal.

"That time... In the closet," Kai continues slowly.

"What? What closet?" Krystal asks again.

This time Kai finally looks back at her and finds a teasing smile on her face. He frowns, "Are you teasing me?"

Krystal bursts out laughing. But she immediately slaps when she notices the serious look in Kai's eyes, "Sorry."

"So, you think it's funny?" Kai retorts.

Krystal slowly shakes her head.

"You think it's funny to cried when I kissed you, left me crying and never come back for 5 years?"

Krystal looks back at him with the same serious look, almost.frowning, "No. It was never funny to leave you for 5 years. I was dying."

Kai smiles slightly. This grown up Krystal sure talks a lot. "I was dying too," he says.

"It's just too funny to remember what happened. We were too young, and too stupid," Krystal continues.

"Sure we were," Kai adds. "But I'm still sorry."

Krystal smiles at him, "Don't be. I never regret it. I was just too shock, and I didn't know what to do so I just cried."

"You never regret it?" a half smirk creeps up onto his face. He leans closer, "You want it again?"

Krystal slaps his arm real hard and he cringes as he rubs his arm.

"If only I wasn't too awkward with you, and if I wasn't being abnormally quiet around you, I guess we could be good friends and something like that would never happened," Krystal says. She looks blankly far onto the pond. "So I'm sorry too."

"It's okay," Kai replies. "I never really wanted to be good friends with you, though. So it's fine."

Krystal chuckles, "I never really wanted to be your good friend either."

They don't say it, but they both know they wanted to be much more than just good friends.

There's a pause of silent between them but it's okay for both of them. They already are comfortable like this.

"What were you doing for the last 5 years?" Krystal asks.

"Moping over you,"

Krystal laugh, "Stop joking."

"I am not joking," Kai says. "What about you?"

"I" Krystal pauses for a while and her cheeks slowly blush again. This reminds Kai a lot with the younger Krystal who's easily blushing. "I was abroad. I've been learning how to be a good queen."

There's a wave of excitement in Kai's stomach and he can't help but smiling widely, "And who would be the King?"

Krystal snickers, "I don't know. Who do you think?"

Kai chuckles. He shifts closer to hold Krystal's hand in his, "Young Lady Krystal, you know what,"

Krystal looks at him.

"Since ever I was born, my life had been arranged and organized neatly. I have to do this, do that and all the routines that would never surprise me. But since you came into my life, it changed,"

Kai turns to her direction and he carefully makes her facing him.

"You came like a surprise. You saw how was my reaction to you when I first see you. It was a very pleasant surprise and I was very excited. But I was very young, I was impatientn and I did things carelessly. When you suddenly left me, that gave me another surprise because I felt that you left a hole in my heart. A hole that no one can fill it enough. I never felt like that,"

"I waited for a long time to see you that I thought I've been waiting forever. I was just hoping, not expecting anything. And finally you came tonight, made another surprise."

Kai smiles at the girl before him and the girl smiles back.

"We're arranged to get married though, it has never been a surprise," Krystal says.

Kai nods, "True. The marriage is expected, but you are the surprise. I have never thought before that I could fall so hard for you."

Krystal giggles as she slaps his chest, "Cheesy."

"But you like it," Kai grins.

Krystal snickers playfully, "Says who?"

"Said the girl who confessed in the closet and drew a lot of me," the grin in Kai's smile is getting wider.

Krystal pouts, "Okay, okay. I lost. Oh god, why did I confessed first to you?"

"Because you like me a lot,"

A light punch lands from Krystal on Kai's stomach and he groans. Krystal chuckles and she hugs him for an apologize.

It starts out as a light hug but when Kai pulls her closer, she hugs him tighter. They stay like that for a while, not wanting to let each other's go.

"Young Lady Krystal," Kai breathes onto her soft hair.

"It's Soojung,"

Kai smiles. He repeats himself, "Soojung,"

"Hmmm?" Krystal also smiles, too much liking how Kai says her name.

"I like you,"

Krystal snorts onto his chest, gripping the back of his suit tighter, "Finally you say it."

"I haven't say it all this time?" Kai asks as he Krystal's hair. Krystal shakes her head.

"Well then," Kai pulls back a bit only to hold the girl in an arm distance. "I confessed to you. Don't you think you have something to do?"

Krystal frowns, "What?"

"The last time I remember, when you confessed to me I did something to you and you cr"

Kai stops talking when Krystal pecks him on the lips. He looks flustered and Krystal grins, "Don't cry, okay?"

Kai chuckles before he pulls her back for a kiss. Deeper and endlessly this time.